Home

Why was this taken out?

This is a discussion on Why was this taken out? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-07-2020, 03:59 PM   #33
Pro

TreJayMMA's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Why was this taken out?

Yea I honestly don't know why they thought it was a good idea to remove the ability to choose trunk colors....I cant even play event mode properly :/

PSN: TreJay2000
Old 08-07-2020, 04:33 PM   #34
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
KumarKing,

I mean no disresepct by this but thats crackhead logic.

****, you even referred to it as your "MMA fix".

Yukes aint saving you. No one is making a 2nd MMA game. Bellator and One arent big enough and the costs in making a good AAA MMA game is too steep to take that risk.

Now, I'm not saying you shouldn't buy the game. Buy it if you want. But I dont want to hear that "EA should listen to this community" stuff anymore if this community runs out and buys this game. With the exception of gameplay, they didnt add anything for this community. In fact, they removed things that this community liked.

So if its a big enough deal that you are going to come to OS and constantly complain about the issues for months/years (not directed at you) ...its should be a big enough deal to decide to not buy the game until they start appealing to you like they do ****** fans.
Everything you said is 100% true. Even on reddit with all the backlash basically everyone's pre-ordered

I guess its gonna be 2 years of WMMA5, UFC 3 and Undisputed 3 for me then.
Old 08-07-2020, 05:00 PM   #35
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I'm going to start clowing people who say this. "This game better be good or I'm going to give EA less of my money."

This is the reason that EA doesnt appeal to this community.
I just downloaded the trial. I didnt see your earlier posts about the shorts, even in title fights.

It's so immersion breaking....between this and everything else (lack of fighters, emotes, etc...)...

I canceled my pre-order. I'd rather just play EA Sports UFC 3.

This game wasn't made for me so I'll let someone else play it .

It took me five minutes to make this decision.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2020, 05:31 PM   #36
MVP

I literally took the day off next Friday to play this game. I cancelled my PTO also lol.

Bruh...it's baffling. I like sports and when I cant watch them I want to play them.

Thats the demo. I just can't fathom that Fortnite users have been looking for a reason to migrate over to a UFC game...but I wish that team well and whatever research agency they used that told them this was a good idea. It is what it is.

I'll check in and see if they make any changes. I'm perfectly willing to give them my money if they make a game that resembles something I see when I tune into a UFC event.

Old 08-07-2020, 06:25 PM   #37
Rookie

I have a feeling they have been removing elements from all 3 UFC games so that UFC 5, they will just add back in all the stuff that they've removed and call it a game.
Old 08-07-2020, 06:34 PM   #38
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollTideRoll0929
I have a feeling they have been removing elements from all 3 UFC games so that UFC 5, they will just add back in all the stuff that they've removed and call it a game.
Thats fine. I'm back in, I guess. Ill be in my mid-thirties with an autistic son who will be hitting a critical time in his life, so maybe not.

Who knows, maybe ill find I dont really miss this game .

I know it seems petty. But I can't even get into all the great stuff they did with the game because the cornerstone quality of life functions aren't there.

It would be like telling me all the great additions you've made to Madden 21. But as soon as I fired it up to play with the Washington Football Team they were wearing the Eagles uniforms, the roster was missing Chase Young because we aren't sure if he'll be good, and oh by the way last year you could play in all the NFL stadiums but this year we only gave you half of them and we're not gonna fix it because it would be too much work to fix our mistake.

I just can't. I cant. I can't. I'll play something else. I'll do something else. Joe Rogan says I've wasted a lot of time. Maybe he's right.

Last edited by TheRizzzle; 08-07-2020 at 06:37 PM.
Old 08-07-2020, 08:18 PM   #39
Rookie

Lol. It's basic stuff like this that makes me wonder whether or not the devs are actually fans of mma/ufc. I assume/hope this is something that can be patched but if not it's just more reason for me to stay away from this game and hope that 2k Sports takes over sometime soon.
Old 08-08-2020, 07:01 AM   #40
Pro

I have retained my preorder because I'm not that petty as to not buy the game because of some cosmetic issues. Gameplay has imo improved a bit. The game is not strictly better than UFC 3 (which will always be the case if you remove things) but it's better in my eyes so I'll buy it.

But people can still voice their complaints, right? It might become repetitive but I don't like being trolled. We asked for more hairstyles and to spite us EA created some dumb-looking, unrealistic ones as if to say "here's your hairstyles!". I've seen people use them once but that's just to have a chuckle. Afterwards they'll revert back to what's before and the resources put into it were wasted.

It seems they did listen to the community after the beta and several things were adressed, so it's not all bad.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »