Home

Dev question: I still want to know who asked for this?...

This is a discussion on Dev question: I still want to know who asked for this?... within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-19-2020, 03:36 PM   #73
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Dev question: I still want to know who asked for this?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tidge
Frustration for me is what I perceive as a complete lack of effort on EA's part. Some of those models were dreadful from what I saw, it shouldn't take some sort of outrage from people on the beta to change a Donald Cerrone model that he's had for years lol. Add in the current Stamina issues that seem to exist and I have no interest in giving them my money right now. I used to buy fifa every year too, but I haven't bothered with the last 3 editions. I'm more than happy to do the same here when I disagree with decisions they've made.

And I'm in complete agreement with you. Hilarious seeing how many people have been gifted UFC on release date lmao. Some of you just can't help yourself.
In fairness my fiancé bought it for me as a gift but I had her cancel it and buy me Madden for my birthday instead .

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Old 08-19-2020, 03:48 PM   #74
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWSS
I'm afraid you'll never buy this game then...

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Operation Sports mobile app
I'm sure you're right, and I have no problem with that.

I have a Universe that I devoted a good amount of time into, and will be using that to keep UFC 3 interesting until UFC 5, at which point I will reevaluate the direction that this series is headed.
Old 08-19-2020, 05:17 PM   #75
Pro

Counter Punch's Arena

So I’ve had a lot of complaints about this franchise. I pretty much have the opposite opinion of 99% of the people here about UFC 3. I think that after the first few patches the game was great and then got significant worse due to a few key things that got changes regarding counter fighting. I still put tons of hours into it and ultimately at the end of the day to me it wasn’t fun or fulfilling to play AT ALL.

Fast forward to the UFC 4 beta and I was pretty livid. The things I hated about UFC 3 seemed to have been amplified. I vowed to not buy the game. Fast forward to the EA Access trial and something interesting happened. I was having fun. ALOT of fun. I’ve never lost at anything more, but it’s fun. Whereas UFC was basically just a kickboxer game with extremely unsatisfying kickboxing mechanics, this game just got plays a lot better to me. I was enjoying myself. The issues that I had weren’t getting in the way of me having fun. So I made a decision to buy the game for $48. I don’t regret my purchase, and the more I play the more I enjoy it. Sure there are some gameplay issues (that I’m sure will be addressed), but if you accept it for what it is there’s a lot of fun to be had. The days of me coming on here and ranting about what would amount to a complete overhaul of the entire game are over. That **** is never gonna happen and there’s like 2 other people here who even want that.

There’s plenty of people on here who’s issues absolutely make NOT buying the game the smartest choice. I like the game. I don’t hate it like I did UFC 3. I’m sure I’ll get some **** from people on Here but I’m not gonna not buy a game I actually enjoy and have learned to accept it for what it is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2020, 06:58 PM   #76
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counter Punch
So I’ve had a lot of complaints about this franchise. I pretty much have the opposite opinion of 99% of the people here about UFC 3. I think that after the first few patches the game was great and then got significant worse due to a few key things that got changes regarding counter fighting. I still put tons of hours into it and ultimately at the end of the day to me it wasn’t fun or fulfilling to play AT ALL.

Fast forward to the UFC 4 beta and I was pretty livid. The things I hated about UFC 3 seemed to have been amplified. I vowed to not buy the game. Fast forward to the EA Access trial and something interesting happened. I was having fun. ALOT of fun. I’ve never lost at anything more, but it’s fun. Whereas UFC was basically just a kickboxer game with extremely unsatisfying kickboxing mechanics, this game just got plays a lot better to me. I was enjoying myself. The issues that I had weren’t getting in the way of me having fun. So I made a decision to buy the game for $48. I don’t regret my purchase, and the more I play the more I enjoy it. Sure there are some gameplay issues (that I’m sure will be addressed), but if you accept it for what it is there’s a lot of fun to be had. The days of me coming on here and ranting about what would amount to a complete overhaul of the entire game are over. That **** is never gonna happen and there’s like 2 other people here who even want that.

There’s plenty of people on here who’s issues absolutely make NOT buying the game the smartest choice. I like the game. I don’t hate it like I did UFC 3. I’m sure I’ll get some **** from people on Here but I’m not gonna not buy a game I actually enjoy and have learned to accept it for what it is.
If you're having fun, even though I'm not buying, I'm happy for you guys. I'll admit I had a minor amount of fun for a very short period of time.

However, with the expectations I had for this game after 2 & 1/2 years of development, I am so extremely disappointed.

I will be happy not to purchase. I'll be going balls to the wall on Universe projects most likely.
Old 08-19-2020, 07:28 PM   #77
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counter Punch
Fast forward to the UFC 4 beta and I was pretty livid. The things I hated about UFC 3 seemed to have been amplified. I vowed to not buy the game. Fast forward to the EA Access trial and something interesting happened. I was having fun. ALOT of fun. I’ve never lost at anything more, but it’s fun. Whereas UFC was basically just a kickboxer game with extremely unsatisfying kickboxing mechanics, this game just got plays a lot better to me. I was enjoying myself. The issues that I had weren’t getting in the way of me having fun. So I made a decision to buy the game for $48. I don’t regret my purchase, and the more I play the more I enjoy it. Sure there are some gameplay issues (that I’m sure will be addressed), but if you accept it for what it is there’s a lot of fun to be had.
This exact thing happened to me...I was disappointed when I played the beta and considered not buying a new MMA game for the first time in God knows when.
Then when the beta closed I kinda missed it so I got the EA Access trial, loved it and don't regret my purchase either as I am enjoying the game and most importantly having fun with it.
I don't play all day everyday anymore as I have other commitments so having fun is more important to me when I do fire it up. Although this game isn't perfect, it is fun to play so that is enough for me at this stage.
Who knows what will happen with patches down the line, it may get even better to play for a wider range of people on here.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »