Home

Clinch stamina drain

This is a discussion on Clinch stamina drain within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2020, 09:09 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Clinch stamina drain

This has to go.

Clinching someone and throwing knees takes no stamina. But if your the SUB fighter blocking the knees it takes stamina, and a lot of it.

You don’t lose any stamina for spamming clinch and you can’t really punish clinch spam with strikes as much as you should be able to.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2020, 12:41 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Clinch stamina drain

This. If I could make my own thread now about how the Quick Fight leaderboard on XBOX has a clinch spammer at the top, I would.

The name is "GAME lHER" and they literally just pick Werdum and CONTINUOUSLY walk forward grabbing for the clinch until they get it, spam knees, backpack and RNC you. That's it. I faced them twice in a row and they didn't even bother to strike before clinching. There's nothing to penalize people for spamming the clinch entry, not even intercepting punches. They don't even lose stamina from unsuccessful clinch attempts, but I run out from punching them in the middle of their clinch entries?

Oh and if anyone thinks this isn't a real problem for others, get this: GAME lHER currently has 1,895 wins atm. The #2 person on that leaderboard has only 478 wins and everyone else slowly trails off from that. Something had to be done because online play is a literal chore atm, and I consider myself blessed whenever I get the purple screen glitch 95% of the time I ever try to play ranked.

Last edited by DarkThoughts95; 08-20-2020 at 12:45 PM.
Old 08-20-2020, 12:53 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkThoughts95
This. If I could make my own thread now about how the Quick Fight leaderboard on XBOX has a clinch spammer at the top, I would.

The name is "GAME lHER" and they literally just pick Werdum and CONTINUOUSLY walk forward grabbing for the clinch until they get it, spam knees, backpack and RNC you. That's it. I faced them twice in a row and they didn't even bother to strike before clinching. There's nothing to penalize people for spamming the clinch entry, not even intercepting punches. They don't even lose stamina from unsuccessful clinch attempts, but I run out from punching them in the middle of their clinch entries?

Oh and if anyone thinks this isn't a real problem for others, get this: GAME lHER currently has 1,895 wins atm. The #2 person on that leaderboard has only 478 wins and everyone else slowly trails off from that. Something had to be done because online play is a literal chore atm, and I consider myself blessed whenever I get the purple screen glitch 95% of the time I ever try to play ranked.

Not enough people are talking about this. It’s crazy how if you clinch your opponent and throw two knees before they escape you lose no stamina and they lose a whole chunk.

It’s game breaking, and arguably worse than the issues with the marathoner perk.

Old 08-20-2020, 05:57 PM   #4
Rookie

BuT iT’s So FlUiD

Yep because any idiot can clinch and button mash.
Old 08-20-2020, 06:43 PM   #5
Pro

Yeah the clinch has become the exploit right now. Add on top of this the fact that the clinching fighter can eat multiple strikes including hooks and upper cuts and still establish the clinch to then spam knees. You do damage to them but they end up killing your stamina and can mix up the low and high knees with takedown attempts thrown in. And then take down attempts don't seem to be costing stamina which can't be right can it. It give any player not wanting to grapple a huge handicap.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2020, 06:49 PM   #6
Rookie

slikkster's Arena

Block 2 clinch strikes, then throw 2 of your own. Rinse and repeat. They can’t block yours or else it will break the clinch.

Old 08-20-2020, 06:59 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by slikkster
Block 2 clinch strikes, then throw 2 of your own. Rinse and repeat. They can’t block yours or else it will break the clinch.

Doesnt matter if they throw two strikes and disengage themselves, which is what a lot of guys do. You also lose stamina as the sub for disengaging, some guys are exploiting this to gain a huge stamina advantage, unless its been patched.
Old 08-20-2020, 07:46 PM   #8
Rookie

I subbed him in minutes he’s literally butt cheeks.

Ranked leaderboard > quick fight leaderboard.

But yes , the clinch needs some type stam tax. It’s to easy to get the Thai clinch

Last edited by jigsaw736; 08-20-2020 at 07:51 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »