Home

Collar Tie needs to be a little more NEUTRAL

This is a discussion on Collar Tie needs to be a little more NEUTRAL within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2020, 02:07 PM   #1
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

OVR: 0
Collar Tie needs to be a little more NEUTRAL

It's really not a dominant position irl. The SUB should have more options other than just backing out. The guy is just holding you behind the head. You should be able to transition to things like over/under or td attempts and not just single under. Also, the SUB should be able to use both hands to strike and have access to other types of strikes like knees and uppercuts. If he's the one holding the collar tie, the SUB has both hands free...

Just a thought. Currently the collar tie clinch feels to one demensional, when irl, this isn't a dominant position to where the SUB should be so limited in their options.

Last edited by WarMMA; 08-21-2020 at 02:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2020, 02:22 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Collar Tie needs to be a little more NEUTRAL

Sub needs to have the ability rock their opponent again and knees and elbows.

Sub cage also needs to be able to rock again too.
Old 08-21-2020, 02:40 PM   #3
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Agreed. Just needs to be more options on the whole for SUB. There's really not much the SUB can do at all, and that's why all these guys are grabbing the clinch now. They can even grab a grappler and not have to worry about a thing except them backing out or trying for single under. But if the SUB could do more like grab over/under, go for td's, ect, they'd have to be wary of who they are clinching up with.
Old 08-21-2020, 03:54 PM   #4
Just started!

It makes sense IRL, but for a game I understand the advantages granted the initiator. Attempting the clinch opens you up for counters. I see it as a risk reward thing. There’d be less incentive to use it if the sub was able to start hammering you with equal ability.
Old 08-21-2020, 04:16 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMMA
Agreed. Just needs to be more options on the whole for SUB. There's really not much the SUB can do at all, and that's why all these guys are grabbing the clinch now. They can even grab a grappler and not have to worry about a thing except them backing out or trying for single under. But if the SUB could do more like grab over/under, go for td's, ect, they'd have to be wary of who they are clinching up with.
This. The SUB has even deeper fundamental problems though. The SUB from many clinch positions cannot transition back to a NEUTRAL clinch! The SUB's only option is to ESCAPE from all SUB clinch positions! Absolutely insane! There are a bunch too:

Back Clinch SUB.
Side whip clinch SUB.
Back against the cage, single under SUB

A wrestler only having ESCAPE options from these positions is absolutely mind blowing. No transitions back to a neutral clinch, the wrestler must escape and re clinch. Mind boggling really.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2020, 04:27 PM   #6
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonTheBreaker
It makes sense IRL, but for a game I understand the advantages granted the initiator. Attempting the clinch opens you up for counters. I see it as a risk reward thing. There’d be less incentive to use it if the sub was able to start hammering you with equal ability.
Well it's not really about the sub being able to blast you back, but the options. It's like the sub can't do anything except back away. If i'm playing as a grappler, I still can't do anything. SUB should at least have more options of strikes (like knees/uppercuts) and should be able to attempt takedowns. Its just a little too one sided imo.
Old 08-21-2020, 04:35 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonTheBreaker
I wouldn't hate a cool down timer that would let the sub go for over under or takedowns after a while. That would balance it and still give the sub options.
Old 08-21-2020, 09:33 PM   #8
Banned

We need double unders over unders and a real plum. Ufc 3s clinch although not mobile had a clear understanding of what was and wasn't a dom position.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »