Home

ground transition on your back near the wall

This is a discussion on ground transition on your back near the wall within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-15-2020, 01:25 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
ground transition on your back near the wall

Is there even a way out of this? this is extremely frustrating to me that whenever I'm on my back near a wall, whichever direction I intend to transit, it only does the same wall kicking flip animation. so this is extremely easy to predict & deny for the takedown guys to exploit, especially high take down stats fighters who able to push and clinch throws you near a wall with just one throw, and I will never able to get out.

So any secret way to do normal ground transit like it's not near the wall?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2020, 01:39 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: ground transition on your back near the wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windtear
Is there even a way out of this? this is extremely frustrating to me that whenever I'm on my back near a wall, whichever direction I intend to transit, it only does the same wall kicking flip animation. so this is extremely easy to predict & deny for the takedown guys to exploit, especially high take down stats fighters who able to push and clinch throws you near a wall with just one throw, and I will never able to get out.

So any secret way to do normal ground transit like it's not near the wall?
No there is not a secret way to do a normal ground transition like it's not near the wall, because there isn't room to kick your opponent off and standup near the wall. That's why the transition exists. I suggest using back sitting fakes to adjust the angle and get yourself away from the wall if you don't want to be near it.
Old 11-15-2020, 03:48 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyaf
No there is not a secret way to do a normal ground transition like it's not near the wall, because there isn't room to kick your opponent off and standup near the wall. That's why the transition exists. I suggest using back sitting fakes to adjust the angle and get yourself away from the wall if you don't want to be near it.
You can only back setting when you are in full guard position, but most of time you ended up in side guard situation which most exploiters love to get after first take down, which doesn't take 2 brain cell to execute with single leg.

So no way to get out once you are in side guard near the wall when your escape option reduced from 3 to 1. as expected, the "high IQ" design choice from this team never cease to amaze me
Old 11-15-2020, 04:01 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
You can only back setting when you are in full guard position, but most of time you ended up in side guard situation which most exploiters love to get after first take down, which doesn't take 2 brain cell to execute with single leg.

So no way to get out once you are in side guard near the wall when your escape option reduced from 3 to 1. as expected, the "high IQ" design choice from this team never cease to amaze me
Side guard? You mean side control? There's no reduced escape options from side control. I'm really not sure what you're on about.
Old 11-15-2020, 07:43 PM   #5
MVP

Stop using LB and just do normal transitions.

Last edited by Evil97; 11-15-2020 at 07:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2020, 12:01 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil97
Stop using LB and just do normal transitions.
Never used LB and you still do the kick the cage animation whichever escape direction you input
Old 11-17-2020, 01:47 AM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyaf
Side guard? You mean side control? There's no reduced escape options from side control. I'm really not sure what you're on about.
I don't think we are on the same page, why the heck do I need to escape if I'm the one in side control(on top) position? you are on your back against near the cage when your opponent is in side control position, there's only the kick the cage animation with/without L1 escape is what I'm talking about
Old 11-17-2020, 01:50 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
I don't think we are on the same page, why the heck do I need to escape if I'm the one in side control(on top) position? you are on your back against near the cage when your opponent is in side control position, there's only the kick the cage animation with/without L1 escape is what I'm talking about
That's simply incorrect. As I said, from side control (bottom), there are no reduced escape options. You are not forced to kick the cage.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »