Home

Papalemur vs Peyton : UFC 4 XBOX TOURNAMENT ( ESFL , E SPORTS) SEMI FINAL ; LEG KICK

This is a discussion on Papalemur vs Peyton : UFC 4 XBOX TOURNAMENT ( ESFL , E SPORTS) SEMI FINAL ; LEG KICK within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2020, 12:11 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Papalemur vs Peyton : UFC 4 XBOX TOURNAMENT ( ESFL , E SPORTS) SEMI FINAL ; LEG KICK

Last night depending on your time zone was the premier of the UFC / ESFL partnership E sports tournamen ( ufc twitch channel ) . It featured 16 xbox players . At some point Lemus faced payton in the semi finals . The whole tournament is worth watching if you haven't seen it and you will learn a lot from it .

In the quarter finals it was clear that Lemus' strategy was leg kicks and this served to give him a spot in the semi finals.

Papa lemur ( lemuskhan ) would however lose th semi final against peyton. Who won the tournament. However I noticed a couple of things in this fight.

Despite papa lemur ( Amanda nunes ) dealing heavy damage to peyton ( holly holmes ) legs , peyton sucked it up and brawled his way to a win ,which is in itself an incredible feat . The question I ask is when will leg kick damage be properly worked out in this game ? Fighters can still move around properly despite their leg health being seriously damaged . .

Two when will there be a clear distinction between power and volume ?
If Amanda hits you a couple of times most of her opponents get hurt but holly seems to have the ability to wade through Amanda's shots and deal a lot of shots with volume . In this game to win power must be applied with volume , to win a fight in most circumstances. Power should be distinct with one shot or more properly placed doing the business .

And since we are on a larger stage right now , I believe it's not longer right for fighters to take massive damage and endure multiple knockdowns . Perhaps ref intervention is the solution ????

This is no easy feat and I'm sure the devs must have considered some of these points. This is not an attempt at dragging the game , I'm not in they boat. I enjoyed the tournament event a lot and congratulations to everyone involved especially peyton . I had all my money on suave Jamie but Peyton showed he had the minerals.

In conclusion I have faith in the devs and I know it's not easy but we all have to give them support and time . It's been a rough year for everyone .

Sent from my Infinix X604 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2020, 11:29 AM   #2
MVP

Re: Papalemur vs Peyton : UFC 4 XBOX TOURNAMENT ( ESFL , E SPORTS) SEMI FINAL ; LEG

Here is a link in case anyone wants to watch.
http://www.twitch.tv/ufc/v/820045974?sr=a&t=1428s
Lemur put on a show for sure. He's also a member here (RectactedMonkey), and long time MMA gaming league player from all the way back in Undisputed 09.
Congrats to Peyton who had such razor edge wins and preserverance on his path to victory.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by Evil97; 11-30-2020 at 11:32 AM.
Old 11-30-2020, 11:34 AM   #3
MVP

Re: Papalemur vs Peyton : UFC 4 XBOX TOURNAMENT ( ESFL , E SPORTS) SEMI FINAL ; LEG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil97
Here is a link in case anyone wants to watch.
http://www.twitch.tv/ufc/v/820045974?sr=a&t=1428s
Lemur put on a show for sure. He's also a member here (RectactedMonkey), and long time MMA gaming league player from all the way back in Undisputed 09.
Congrats to Peyton who had such razor edge wins and preserverance on his path to victory.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Helluva fight.

Old 11-30-2020, 03:48 PM   #4
MVP

Great win by Peyton for sure. Incredible composure with any strike to legs capable of ending the fight. Never fell for any of my 50/50 setups nearing the end. Not taking anything away from him, he played out of this world. However, this comeback should not have happened. My issue is with the game design, not him.

I developed the leg kick strategy to nullify pressure fighters and he ended up beating me with pressure. He was able to walk me down and sway and lunge with unimpeded speed after having both legs wrecked.

That doesn’t make any sense. Nor do the amount of knockdowns it takes to score a leg kick TKO. The strategy still works because it forces them to think about their low block from any range and takes away up to 25% of their power, but right now even if you play perfectly they can still walk you down.

Leg kicks need to slow speed down and decrease power more.

There are drastic drawbacks to this strategy and it is very hard to play it perfectly with how much damage checking does in relation to the actual kicks. When played perfectly, your results should reflect that.

It takes a huge amount of stamina to get both legs down enough and you basically have to commit 100%. There isn’t a whole lot of room for adjustments.

It still works, but it should be a little more effective. I don’t really think it would take over the meta because despite how those three fights looked, it’s very very hard to land that many kicks.

Also, look at how many times I landed a kick and it didn’t register in that third round. Any of those could have been fight enders. The hit detection was way off.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 11-30-2020, 04:39 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetractedMonkey
Great win by Peyton for sure. Incredible composure with any strike to legs capable of ending the fight. Never fell for any of my 50/50 setups nearing the end. Not taking anything away from him, he played out of this world. However, this comeback should not have happened. My issue is with the game design, not him.

I developed the leg kick strategy to nullify pressure fighters and he ended up beating me with pressure. He was able to walk me down and sway and lunge with unimpeded speed after having both legs wrecked.

That doesn’t make any sense. Nor do the amount of knockdowns it takes to score a leg kick TKO. The strategy still works because it forces them to think about their low block from any range and takes away up to 25% of their power, but right now even if you play perfectly they can still walk you down.

Leg kicks need to slow speed down and decrease power more.

There are drastic drawbacks to this strategy and it is very hard to play it perfectly with how much damage checking does in relation to the actual kicks. When played perfectly, your results should reflect that.

It takes a huge amount of stamina to get both legs down enough and you basically have to commit 100%. There isn’t a whole lot of room for adjustments.

It still works, but it should be a little more effective. I don’t really think it would take over the meta because despite how those three fights looked, it’s very very hard to land that many kicks.

Also, look at how many times I landed a kick and it didn’t register in that third round. Any of those could have been fight enders. The hit detection was way off.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Man everyone was going crazy towards end while watching that fight . As someone who uses nunes against holly a lot . It felt all too familiar her walking through Amanda's punches and getting the ko.

You played brilliantly and I was thoroughly entertained but something has to be done about the leg kicks .

Big ops to peyton i underestimated him .

Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »