Home

EA Sports UFC 4 Patch 6.0 Available Today - Adds 2 New Fighters, Gameplay Updates & Much More

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 4 Patch 6.0 Available Today - Adds 2 New Fighters, Gameplay Updates & Much More within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-20-2020, 06:37 PM   #73
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Spoilers for Patch 4.06

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
We may have to keep waiting on that. There doesnt seem to be a big enough demand for people to change this. For example, there are 10-12 GCs and only 3 of us REALLY care about the issue. Everyone is in support and think the devs should take the time to fix this issue but me and like 2 people are the only ones behind the scenes who are regularly complaining about this.

Its alot of work to fix and I'm not super optimistic that EA thinks its a good use of time to fix this issue. This isnt from the devs but I get the feeling that it would be easier for them to just add more prototypes than actually put in the work that it will take to add editing.

I hope I'm wrong though.
I have no idea the difficulty of execution, considering I would have thought simply allowing us to edit stats might be easy enough.

But what about simply being able to assign moves and change the star rating of the moves? The screen already exists, which I suspect is the difficulty in allowing us to edit stats (they literally took those portions of the game out).

With more prototypes and allowing us to do this, it's a decent give back considering the blind spot that occurred on this one.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Old 12-21-2020, 12:14 AM   #74
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRizzzle
I have no idea the difficulty of execution, considering I would have thought simply allowing us to edit stats might be easy enough.

But what about simply being able to assign moves and change the star rating of the moves? The screen already exists, which I suspect is the difficulty in allowing us to edit stats (they literally took those portions of the game out).

With more prototypes and allowing us to do this, it's a decent give back considering the blind spot that occurred on this one.

I dont know but the safe way to analyze this game is to assume NOTHING is easy.

While the screen exists, you still have to add functionality to that so you can change the moves and start rating. You also need to build a function that keeps the edited CAFs out of online (which I assume is the big reason its not in the game yet).
Old 12-21-2020, 07:31 AM   #75
MVP

Quote:
I dont know but the safe way to analyze this game is to assume NOTHING is easy.

While the screen exists, you still have to add functionality to that so you can change the moves and start rating. You also need to build a function that keeps the edited CAFs out of online (which I assume is the big reason its not in the game yet).
I feel like if I had one request for UFC 5 it would be this...

Can they just not blow anything up this time? That seems to be my biggest disappointment game-over-game. They "re-invent" something and it's usually kinda cool, but we lose basic quality of life functions from the previous version that make everyone question if it was worth it.

This happened with the clinch and CAF system in UFC 4. Maybe the highest elements of both these things is better, but the worst parts of it, the floor got lowered.

We made things easier to use while sacrificing the depth. Can we focus on building the depth out for the next game, even if means we dont get anything shiny?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2020, 04:33 PM   #76
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
I'm not a dev but I dont think thats happening.
That would be unfortunate, but not too surprising. Thankfully, I was able to fix a lot of my problems by turning off HDR.
Old 12-22-2020, 12:21 PM   #77
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRizzzle
I feel like if I had one request for UFC 5 it would be this...

Can they just not blow anything up this time? That seems to be my biggest disappointment game-over-game. They "re-invent" something and it's usually kinda cool, but we lose basic quality of life functions from the previous version that make everyone question if it was worth it.

This happened with the clinch and CAF system in UFC 4. Maybe the highest elements of both these things is better, but the worst parts of it, the floor got lowered.

We made things easier to use while sacrificing the depth. Can we focus on building the depth out for the next game, even if means we dont get anything shiny?

Accepting without being satisfied at all functions such as not having injuries, not having draws in fights and many other things, but above all assuming being very unhappy about it, not being able to save hundreds of CAF of creation, which has annoyed me the most in this UFC 4, maybe because it is an option that we had in previous games is to have the freedom to edit the statistics and movements of our created fighters, it is the biggest disappointment I have with this game.

I do not deny that I can still enjoy the game in other facets, but it annoys me a lot to have only 22 CAF of creation and not be able to edit the statistics of these as I could in previous versions
Old 12-23-2020, 07:39 AM   #78
Rookie

Re: EA Sports UFC 4 Patch 6.0 Available Today - Adds 2 New Fighters, Gameplay Updates

I always said that I buy the game when they fix the ko's in this game. So after the latest patch I decided to buy it. Must say I really like it. Hope they fix some more things when they release the next patches. Will there be other big patches like this in the future?
Old 12-23-2020, 07:53 AM   #79
Pro

Re: EA Sports UFC 4 Patch 6.0 Available Today - Adds 2 New Fighters, Gameplay Updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirsunny
Will there be other big patches like this in the future?

They've done several "big" patches now (big is quite subjective), and normally should do a couple more in the next few months if they keep up the pace. In previous games, there were also some career tweaks but that remains to be seen.

I expect a couple more fighters and some new transitions. Would be early to call it quits now, except when they're settling on a new game every year (but I doubt that).
Old 12-25-2020, 01:06 AM   #80
Rookie

Have we got Cyril Gane yet? Need him at HW!

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »