Home

Takedown questions from a new player

This is a discussion on Takedown questions from a new player within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-03-2020, 02:22 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Takedown questions from a new player

How do I perform consecutive turns after having my turn denied? How do I set up and know that I'm about to be able to perform a turning takedown? I see single to power finish and do not understand the inputs for the takedowns in the move list. Also any tips for making good reads in general? Thanks. Really loving ufc 4! First mma game I've played since undisputed and its great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2020, 04:04 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Takedown questions from a new player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granbyroll
How do I perform consecutive turns after having my turn denied? How do I set up and know that I'm about to be able to perform a turning takedown? I see single to power finish and do not understand the inputs for the takedowns in the move list. Also any tips for making good reads in general? Thanks. Really loving ufc 4! First mma game I've played since undisputed and its great.
You can’t as far as I know. It’s a one time deal.

Feint the single leg, it has a faster and better feint animation than double. If they block high or do nothing go for turn TDs. If they block low go for strikes up high or clinch. Also the single leg into backtake by canceling your TD with block mid TD.
Old 12-04-2020, 05:44 PM   #3
EA Sports UFC Developer

You can turn as many times as you like, but you eventually run out of time as the stamina drops and the fighters eventually resolve the takedown. Given the natural flow and stamina when takedowns start, you rarely have time for more than 2 turns unless you're really pushing for it and trying to set that up. But if you've got that good of a setup, you don't need the turns as you'll often have already won the takedown by then.

But there's no hard limit on them.
Old 12-11-2020, 11:31 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skynet
You can turn as many times as you like, but you eventually run out of time as the stamina drops and the fighters eventually resolve the takedown. Given the natural flow and stamina when takedowns start, you rarely have time for more than 2 turns unless you're really pushing for it and trying to set that up. But if you've got that good of a setup, you don't need the turns as you'll often have already won the takedown by then.

How can I set up my takedowns? The game doesn't allow you to strike into takedowns or clinches from combinations. Any tips oh goated dev? Like the new transitions btw.
Old 12-11-2020, 02:41 PM   #5
EA Sports UFC Developer

You can shoot off of strikes and defence. There's plenty of setups. If you opponent has just wiffed, they're more exposed, if you just blocked/slipped their strike, they're more exposed, if you just booped their snoot they're more exposed, if they're in the middle of a strike that the shoot ducks under that will help, if they're mid-spin that's a guaranteed takedown. If their stamina is low, they're also going to have smaller denial windows. You can also setup takedowns in the clinch with trips and throws, etc.

There may be others, but that's off the to of my head. Keep in mind though, it's there's quite a few ways to make your takedown attempts less successful as well
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2021, 11:03 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skynet

How do you do this? I really dont understand. How do you go for multiple turns? If I go for one turn and they defend, they are out. If you go for a driving TD and they get single under, they are out. I’m missing something here.

Also can you guys bring back the old Double leg feint animation or make a new one? The double leg feint is way less responsive in this game than the single leg- I want to use both feints. I always use the single leg feint to lower their guard, and it works wonders for me but I cant do the same for the double leg because its a longer animation and they can counter it way easier.
Old 01-31-2021, 01:16 PM   #7
MVP

So I got the answer from zyaf:

"It depends on how fast they defend and both of your ST stam when the first TD is initiated IIRC...

... So basically notice when they defend before they get single under and go for the next turn...

... It's almost always going to be when they have low ST stam."

Videos of it being done:
https://twitter.com/ZyafYT/status/1345209633120522241

https://twitter.com/ZyafYT/status/1333551465089044480
Old 02-01-2021, 01:17 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
So I got the answer from zyaf:

"It depends on how fast they defend and both of your ST stam when the first TD is initiated IIRC...

... So basically notice when they defend before they get single under and go for the next turn...

... It's almost always going to be when they have low ST stam."

Videos of it being done:
https://twitter.com/ZyafYT/status/1345209633120522241

https://twitter.com/ZyafYT/status/1333551465089044480
Those aren't even consecutive turns

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »