Old 04-19-2021, 12:38 PM   #9
Pro

TheUFCVeteran's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: TD Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkeyOfJive
I always post this when I see TD threads:

The biggest tip I can give is to stop pressing every single button/pressing either stick when you see a TD and immediately slam on L2 + R2 - you may think you're doing this and still getting taken down but check your thumb on the left stick, I was still holding it by mistake.

When you've slammed on L2 + R2 watch for turns. In answer to the Q above you should flick either up or down depending which way they turn.
Here's my idea for not having to do this: if the stick is still being held when the takedown begins, do not let it register as a turn, and rather only have the following input count. Therefore, if you're holding the stick when someone goes for a takedown attempt, you can release it and then turn, instead of having to let go of the stick before the attempt. I think it'd just flow better this way.
Old 04-26-2021, 02:27 AM   #10
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUFCVeteran
Here's my idea for not having to do this: if the stick is still being held when the takedown begins, do not let it register as a turn, and rather only have the following input count. Therefore, if you're holding the stick when someone goes for a takedown attempt, you can release it and then turn, instead of having to let go of the stick before the attempt. I think it'd just flow better this way.
This would be amazing. I feel like this is a big reason why not many can defend turning takedowns
Old 04-26-2021, 05:07 AM   #11
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWSS
I'm also terrible at defending turning takedowns, should I flick or hold the stick (or it doesn't matter)?

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Operation Sports mobile app
I've actually never defended a turn ever. I always hold it as I assumed that would be the case, but even despite guessing correctly it failed. I guess I should've deducted by now that it would be flicking.

... Or EA could've actually explained it properly. Though they did improve the in-game manual, it's still far from perfect.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »