Home

UFC 1 vs UFC 4: How Much Progress Has Been Made in > 7 Years (almost a decade)?

This is a discussion on UFC 1 vs UFC 4: How Much Progress Has Been Made in > 7 Years (almost a decade)? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2021, 02:53 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
UFC 1 vs UFC 4: How Much Progress Has Been Made in > 7 Years (almost a decade)?

If you will, time travel with me back to June 16, 2014. By the way, bring your current gen console and UFC 4.

Now, let's sit down with someone and play UFC 1.

After you've gotten a few games in, plug in your PS5/XBSX and boot up UFC 4.

Now, let that person from 7 years ago play UFC 4.

Look at their face. See the utter disappointment?

That disappointed look stems from the realization that 7 years of development and a new system didn't make all that much difference.

The strikes still lack impact.

The game still freezes between rounds.

Matchmaking is still awful.

Input delay remains.

There is no caf only league, in fact, they can't even modify CAFS moveset like could with UFC 1.

There are no ground elbows.

Player autonomy has been restricted with the combo que system and lack of options on the ground.

Visible damage still means nothing.

Corners still give you random, and at times completely irrelevant, advice.

Exploits are still rarely addressed, if they are ever.

There is no voice chat in game.

You do Fortnite dances before everyfight.

I could keep going, but, I'm bored and getting myself angry when I think about how EA treats the customer.

Like I mentioned previously, EA's speciality is over-promising and under-delivering. Very happy to support ESBC as soon as it's available (even if it's not perfect at launch).

EA needs competition.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2021, 05:56 PM   #2
Pro

Re: UFC 1 vs UFC 4: How Much Progress Has Been Made in > 7 Years (almost a decade)?

Not much tbh.
Old 08-05-2021, 06:43 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: UFC 1 vs UFC 4: How Much Progress Has Been Made in > 7 Years (almost a decade)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthhh
Not much tbh.
Agreed. How they operate shouldn't be illegal. It's should just draw such a strong, negative, reaction from the gaming community that EA stops it.

But, as others have pointed out, too many of us have continued purchasing from them.

I will stop purchasing. And, I've dedicated anti-EA SM profiles to take matters into my own hands.

I will actively encourage people to stay away from these products.
Old 08-05-2021, 09:06 PM   #4
Pro

This is the only ufc game I've stopped playing this early. I played ufc 3 until like the last couple months before 4 was announced, which obviously I was excited for, just like I'm sure people were hyped too. I'm gonna be completely honest though, ufc 4 is not a horrible game. It just has too many flaws and bad decisions that pretty much killed their game imo. (Not to mention the stupid cosmetics and the ridiculous fortniteish intro taunts.) Anyway, the foundation is there, at least for the kickboxing aspect, ground game is still a** though. Also I feel they targeted the wrong audience for this one. They went for casuals which pretty much pissed off actual fans of their games. I mean for ffs even youtubers are barely playing this game anymore... and that's saying something. Hope they learn from this, is all I gotta say. I mean I could go on and on, but that's just gonna piss me off lol.

Oh and yeah, ACTION BRONSON.
Old 08-06-2021, 04:04 AM   #5
Pro

I hate the horrible cosmetics too, but you gotta be a little reasonable. Yes, it's bad, but is it a bad decision? Everybody online seems to think so, but maybe there's a silent majority that defies all reason and somehow gives money to it? It's hard to imagine, but maybe. Weird that I don't see any online videos of people actually using the "epic gear". It's there to show off to others, even though you'd make a complete fool of yourself, but hey...

But does it "kill the game"? Come on, now. Those utterly ridiculous Fortnite animations have no impact on gameplay. It for sure breaks immersion as I always skip it in career as it just sours the experience by its ridiculousness.

I've learned to like the "Mortal Kombat" mode for what it is. I like the atmosphere, even though it's not immersive, but I'm a sucker for such extra modes.

We've mentioned hundreds of times that the new clinch caters too much to newbies, but it is what it is. I don't like it to the point where I sometimes rather play 3, which is not a good sign as to game improvement.

Last edited by Blackman316; 08-06-2021 at 04:06 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2021, 04:53 AM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman316
I hate the horrible cosmetics too, but you gotta be a little reasonable. Yes, it's bad, but is it a bad decision? Everybody online seems to think so, but maybe there's a silent majority that defies all reason and somehow gives money to it? It's hard to imagine, but maybe. Weird that I don't see any online videos of people actually using the "epic gear". It's there to show off to others, even though you'd make a complete fool of yourself, but hey...

But does it "kill the game"? Come on, now. Those utterly ridiculous Fortnite animations have no impact on gameplay. It for sure breaks immersion as I always skip it in career as it just sours the experience by its ridiculousness.

I've learned to like the "Mortal Kombat" mode for what it is. I like the atmosphere, even though it's not immersive, but I'm a sucker for such extra modes.

We've mentioned hundreds of times that the new clinch caters too much to newbies, but it is what it is. I don't like it to the point where I sometimes rather play 3, which is not a good sign as to game improvement.
Alright, I'm only gonna answer the first part because if I keep going, I'm gonna go on a huge rant on this game and I don't want to do that. Dude ever since the ufc 4 beta came out, I've been nothing BUT reasonable. I tried liking the game and had fun here and there and gave positive input and ideas just like other people here, but to me the negatives outweigh the positives in ufc 4. So therefore, putting dumb cosmetics and fortnite dances really hurt the game, when the game itself needs a lot of work still. Of course it's my opinion you're free to disagree, but like I said not a lot of people play this game anymore, and it's usually trashed upon nowadays. Unicorn masks and bob the builder stuff, not to mention that action bronson character were apparently a priority because stuff like elbows, smoother finish the fight transitions, more positions on the ground, a sim mode, etc. never made it in. So yeah when you choose dumb cosmetics, and silly intro taunts instead of working on the core game, that pretty much kills the game and action bronson buried it. I'm not the only one that thinks this btw, search around and you'll see, but like I said this is my opinion.

Last edited by Stealthhh; 08-06-2021 at 05:02 AM.
Old 08-06-2021, 07:44 PM   #7
Pro

You know as well as I that people working on those trash cosmetics are incapable of doing programming work, or any other work that would've improved the game. But if they specifically hired these people for the game it would indeed be a dumb decision.

I guess it's true for the animations though, but they might've recycled that from other games. I know FIFA has a couple of goofy ones for goal celebrations, but that's a game where it's probably more appeciated than in UFC. However, these people could've worked on transitions or different evasion styles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »