Home

Opinions on people who spend $ to upgrade their fighter?

This is a discussion on Opinions on people who spend $ to upgrade their fighter? within the EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC > EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2016, 05:00 PM   #17
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Opinions on people who spend $ to upgrade their fighter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearhead24
Fought a 92 dude again. Tapped him out easily but that's a different story. With my 88 wbw I also face div 1 newbies with 66 ovr. I'm div 5, come on ea that's just ridiculous. Even if start feeling bad for them.

Story of my life.

Every fight I play in UT I have a MASSIVE stat disadvantage.

My ground game is extremely lethal, so I still have a hugely positive record, but it's just incredibly annoying.

I hate hate hate hate losing to scrubs, solely because they have a 20 point stat advantage, nothing but 4-5 star moves, and maxed out striking. Cool stuff. My BJJ guys with 42 chin can eat about 2 shots before theyre straight flat lined.....

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 06-07-2016, 05:41 PM   #18
MVP

chia's Arena

OVR: 5

I spend money on packs from time to time because it's enjoyable.

I don't get to play much at all. While you all are grinding coins I'm either working at my day job or teaching Jiu-Jitsu 6 days a week at night.
Old 06-07-2016, 05:48 PM   #19
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by chia

I don't get to play much at all. While you all are grinding coins I'm either working at my day job or teaching Jiu-Jitsu 6 days a week at night.
You're not the only one with a full time job...

Cool you teach BJJ though. I can't get enough Jits in my life.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 06-07-2016, 06:59 PM   #20
MVP

chia's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
You're not the only one with a full time job...

Cool you teach BJJ though. I can't get enough Jits in my life.
You can have some of mine, I'm pretty burnt out lol.
Old 06-07-2016, 09:54 PM   #21
Rookie

chackfalco's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by chia
This is what I do. Sometimes I get drunk and drop $20 just to see what I can get. Doesn't usually pan out since I only fight wbw but it's still fun seeing some amazing cards while I'm just idle sipping a beer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2016, 03:27 PM   #22
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tierney
I'll start off my saying, I'm an average player at best at this game. My record for my lightweight is currently 8-3-0 which I'm personally very proud of, my other fighters are all scraping a positive record.

However I feel like, being an average player, progression is very slow in this game, for me anyway. Ignoring daily objectives I make about 500-800 coins a fight if I'm lucky. I have a full time job that takes up most my time and I only really get a chance to spend 1 hour or so playing a day. This all means that I barely ever have enough to spend on a premium pack for example. Especially when I can't seem to save my coins and blow them on a pack at my first opportunity. Would I be looked down upon if I were to drop £80 to spend on event packs to upgrade my fighter in the future?

I realise that some people might call me a douche for doing so as they've probably grinded for their 85+ fighters and are mad this seems a bit pay to win. However I simply want to give myself a better chance of playing and competing in higher divisions and the only way I could see myself doing this is by spending some money on packs to give me a wider variety of moves on my fighters therefore giving me a better chance of learning different moves and becoming a better player. Just wondering what most people think of this really, apologies for the wall of text but if you have read this far, thanks for reading I guess.

I started playing this game about 6 weeks after it was out, had no issues getting to Division 4 but that is where the trouble started. 72-77 overall and I would be fighting guys in the 80s-90s. Got tired of being a punching bag so I bought packs. Lots of them. Played a lot too. I have plenty of disposable income so it doesn't bother me to spend the money and it shouldn't bother you either. Get to Division 5-6 and you will see plenty of behavior that will annoy you. There are so many good players in those divisions, but for every good player you have 4-5 cheap tactic spamming morons. The clinch spam is out of control. So no, I don't feel bad or anything close to that for buying packs and remember this, most people who have a problem with it probably cannot afford to do the same thing. It is more jealousy than anything in my experience.
Old 06-08-2016, 10:09 PM   #23
Rookie

I would not mind if someone pays money on UT. But I feel bad for them, probably just getting crap on Premiums, or on "Event Packs". As others mentioned: you will still not be able to beat guys who play at least a couple of hours a day and grind. I just invested 8$ that one time on two packs for two 5* moves which cost 40k per pack, which i regret (getting doubles).So Would i mind. Clearly no. Would I recommend? Also clearly NO.

You can get about 3-5 other nice (AAA) games on sale for your 80 bucks....
Old 06-09-2016, 07:32 AM   #24
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Your money, your game. Enjoy it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC > EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team »