Home

Flash KO's: Unbalanced?

This is a discussion on Flash KO's: Unbalanced? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2014, 08:44 AM   #1
Rookie

ShogunTake's Arena

OVR: 0
Flash KO's: Unbalanced?

Now I may be on my own here, but I'm beginning to believe that they've been implemented specifically to aid the losing fighter in the long run.

it seems that the more attacks 1P throws then the less attacks needed for 2P to throw to KO 2P as long as 2P somehow avoids getting finished. I've had fights online where I've been the 1P of the situation only to slip up, take 2-3 heavy shots and 2P wins as easy as that. This has happened more than once.

I experimented this offline on beginner, 1P's attributes were maxed and 2P's had as little attributes as possible. I made sure not to finish him easily (which can be done within 5-10 seconds) because I wanted to test the 'more attacks thrown, less attacks needed to KO' idea. Obviously I was destroying P2 and had his entire body all in their respective red zones, here was the slip up.

5th round, over a minute left and I attempt a cartwheel kick. P2 literally throws a single hook and I am KO'd as easy as that. Take in mine that there P2's attributes were basically muted so there was barely anything behind that punch but because of my over aggressiveness the game decided to favor P2. Therefore if somehow you can't finish your opponent when fighting aggressive then you can be punished even when you clearly dominated your opponent.

I'm just wondering whether I'm in the wrong here for thinking that it's unrealistic and that it is a possible method to use. Just allow your opponent to go all out, throw a few heavy shots, get hit and you'll get the W whether you were the better fighter or not, clearly on the scoresheet you weren't though. I know that it's realistic when you don't get hit and counter that it's possible but ingame even if you do max damage, you can still lose from a small amount of otherwise ineffective attacks.

It just seems predetermined, scripted or like I said it's basically a set method. In real life fighters don't deliberately get their asses kicked with Souza so they can KO Jon Jones with 4 shots.

Am I the only one that thinks this should be addressed? Or is it fine the way it is? To me it seems like a fluke that can be mastered.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2014, 10:37 AM   #2
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Flash KO's: Unbalanced?

In real life if you are tired, you throw with poor technique, you over extend, you doint gey your guard back up as quick, and makes it more likely to wind up on the wrong end of a well placed strike. Is it a little over exaggerated for the purposes of game balance. yes, but you also recover that stamina back far too quickly as well But this does help simulate the dangers of going over aggressive and leaving yourself open. There is a reason the only time you se guys go full bezerker mode is when they have a huge skill advantage over said opponent and the opponent doesn't have the ability to make them pay. there is a reason the fight revolves around footwoork and picking spots to attack as opposed to throwing 5+ strike exchanges every time. So my ultimate answer is No. It's purpose is to make you fight more realistically by punishing you for over aggression. Get in, 1 2 or 3 and get out.
Old 08-19-2014, 10:42 AM   #3
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Flash KO's: Unbalanced?

Basically what I am saying is there is a difference between aggression and Over aggression. you can be very active and cut off the cage and throw, but you can't keep doing it without pacing yourself. I can be very aggressive, but it's aggression in spurts. if you try to force an opportunity that simply isn't there, you should be opening yourself up, as you are making a mistake.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »