Home

What is your rating for game post-patch?

This is a discussion on What is your rating for game post-patch? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2014, 07:25 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
What is your rating for game post-patch?

I am curious, what your rating for EA UFC would be after the latest patch. I just bought the game last week and I am enjoying it. It obviously has a lot of button combos to learn, but I find the game to be very fluid, and enjoyable. I am curious to people who have owned game what you would rate the game post patch.
Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2014, 07:31 PM   #2
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: What is your rating for game post-patch?

Its an 7.5 now but it was a 5 at release. With more improvements and an addition of event mode it becomes a 8-9
Old 09-18-2014, 07:41 PM   #3
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalmLikeABomb
I am curious, what your rating for EA UFC would be after the latest patch. I just bought the game last week and I am enjoying it. It obviously has a lot of button combos to learn, but I find the game to be very fluid, and enjoyable. I am curious to people who have owned game what you would rate the game post patch.
Thanks.
I am genuinely interested in people's honest answer to this question as well.
Old 09-18-2014, 07:48 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Its an 7.5 now but it was a 5 at release. With more improvements and an addition of event mode it becomes a 8-9
My thoughts exactly.
Old 09-18-2014, 07:56 PM   #5
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

7.5...much improved, but it is still missing a lot of features that I consider sports games standards nowadays. The problem still lies in the fact that companies, who ever gets the license, still treat UFC and MMA games in general as fighting games and not a sports game.

MMA is a sport, just like boxing is a sport. But in the video game world, MMA is still treated like a fighting game. It kills me when I watch UFC promos featuring this game and I say to myself, but the game doesn't look like that when you play it.

Prime Example:

I wish the game actual presentation was like this, but sadly it is not.

Now if they did the following, I would give it a 9:

1. Leg kick TKOs

2. Make damage permanent to the fighter. I hate busting a fighter up just to come next round and their bruises and stuff be 98% healed.

3. Some sort of Event mode where you can make cards.

4. Sliders and completely editable roster. Sadly it seems EA Sports in a whole is doing away with sliders in their games.

5. More fighters of course.......more frequently as well. I would love to wake up and see EA added 10 new fighters today, download them now.

6. More moves added to the game.

Like I said it much improved game since launch, but it is still over all falls way short of my expectations of what this game would be like.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2014, 08:41 PM   #6
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

OVR: 0

So hard to rate it seeing as I'm an online guy. It is definitely an 8.5 for online. 5 probably for offline. It depends on the day as well. If I'm having a good day, it is a 9. If I am seeing laggy matches a lot, it is a 7. The latency in this game can really screw with how a match plays out. I always do a speedtest before I play it to see if my modem needs power cycled.

The gameplay after the last patch really changed the complexion of the game. It just feels good now. Bring back the death rock frequency, and it will go down drastically.
Old 09-20-2014, 03:12 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1
Thumbs up Re: What is your rating for game post-patch?

I would give it a solid 8.5 at this point. I would love to see sliders included, and I also would love to see an option for simulation vs arcade fighting for times when you just want to play a game with friends/just want to play and not have to remember every move combo. To me that would be the best of both worlds. This is minor at this point but I would love to see some fighter specific moves (especially with Bruce Lee). I am not sure the engine would allow this. I am really enjoying the game at this point. Big Kudos for the EA staff for taking a game and polishing it up. Hopefully more to come. Thanks.
Old 09-21-2014, 12:03 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 3

-No universe type mode

-No sliders

- Weak (non counter window) strikes

-high accuracy

- lack of nex-gen animation variety ( tired strikes, looping strikes for the unrefined)

-stamina too forgiving

all that said, i give the game a 7 which actually speaks volumes if you can imagine my complaints before the patches. Im sure the next patch will bolster the rating even more.

Whats undeniable is, more-so than when the game dropped, its fun. There is variety in the cpu attack, and head to head you can have some classic trash talking moments.

Last edited by 2_headedmonster; 09-21-2014 at 12:10 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »