Home

Must Fixes for UFC 2

This is a discussion on Must Fixes for UFC 2 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2015, 10:06 AM   #17
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Must Fixes for UFC 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Basically with a submission defense rating + their current stamina + if that particular limb is damage vs Submission offense rating + their current stamina + health.
The only problem I see with that is there will be a good portion of players who play the game in order to exploit that formula.

They do it now. I can't count the number of times I've fought a guy who basically gives up and lets you continually hit him while he's in guard because he's waiting for your stamina level to drop so he can sink in a submission. That of course would never happen in real life. At least now he still has to pull off the mini-game.

With your formula the minute the submission animation starts its over. There's no way out.

The Golf Club Published Courses
The OsoV2
Big Leaf of South Texas
Mt. Turner - Island Links
Old 03-05-2015, 02:17 PM   #18
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

There will always be exploits. But there is no need to over complicate and drag out outcomes. Having a submission mini game would be like having a tackle mini game in Madden to determine whether or not you make a tackle. People wouldn't want that BS in Madden, so why do people tolerate it in EA UFC ?

OR

EA can go the WWE 2K route. Have a mini game but also give the option to turn that BS off. WWE 2K15 have a chain wrestling mini game. However they have a slider where you can COMPLETELY turn that BS off and just use button presses to do moves and the success or failure of the moves are just completely based off ratings.

I will always prefer ratings based game play over some mini game BS based game play any day. The way the game is now, you can take the worse submission fighter in the game and be a submission expert with him or her if you are a master of the mini game BS going up against a person who isn't as good at the mini game BS.
Old 03-07-2015, 01:17 PM   #19
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

The Ground game needs some massive work as well, just not sure where to begin. I do know that a straight get up from full mount should not be possible, but a major transition to butterflies should be and the a get up could happen from there. Players should not regain stamina from spamming transitions or get up regardless if they are in an apex position or not. stamina recovery should not begin until recovery from the animation has finished, regardless of position.
Old 03-10-2015, 03:24 PM   #20
MVP

Azamien's Arena

OVR: 10

Don't forget take-down spamming. In career mode I had fight against Jacare where he attempted over 60 take-downs in less than three rounds. (And that was on the sped-up time setting.) It's hard to view a game as anything close to realistic when that happens and the guy doesn't seem to have taken a stamina hit at all.
Old 03-11-2015, 12:22 PM   #21
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Basically with a submission defense rating + their current stamina + if that particular limb is damage vs Submission offense rating + their current stamina + health.
Thats way too simplistic. Armbars dont happen because a person's arm is injured. They cause the injury. Same goes for things like kneebars. A guy like Palhares doesnt use leg kicks to weaken a leg in real life. He grapples and goes for knee bars. The health of the leg before the knee bar is initiated has nothing to do with that.

Also how do you factor in chokes? Guillotines, Darces and RNCs have more to do with positioning than damage and stamina.

Ratings should factor into how easy it is to sub someone but I shouldnt be able to sub someone automatically just because my fighter has a higher rating and higher stamina at the moment.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2015, 12:23 PM   #22
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azamien
Don't forget take-down spamming. In career mode I had fight against Jacare where he attempted over 60 take-downs in less than three rounds. (And that was on the sped-up time setting.) It's hard to view a game as anything close to realistic when that happens and the guy doesn't seem to have taken a stamina hit at all.
The CPU attempted 60 takedowns? When was this? Under the current patch? I've fought Jacare and other grapplers like Sonnen and the most I've seen is 10 attempts.
Old 03-11-2015, 01:34 PM   #23
MVP

Azamien's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
The CPU attempted 60 takedowns? When was this? Under the current patch? I've fought Jacare and other grapplers like Sonnen and the most I've seen is 10 attempts.
It was sometime within the last two weeks. I took a screenshot of the post-fight stats screen. I'll see if I can figure out how to move it somewhere linkable.

Edit: OK, I have a really terrible memory. Rather than within the last two weeks, it was November 28. So in between patch 6 and patch 7, I guess. And it wasn't 60+ take-down attempts, it was 55. But that was actually in less than two full rounds rather than three. So I had all the details wrong, but it's still an example of something that needs to be fixed.

EA SPORTS™ UFC®_20141128102938.jpg

Last edited by Azamien; 03-11-2015 at 01:51 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »