Home

Fighters that should be removed from weight classes

This is a discussion on Fighters that should be removed from weight classes within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2016, 03:41 PM   #9
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Fighters that should be removed from weight classes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
Just my opinion. If you disagree that's awesome and I respect your opinions. To those not familiar with me my mma knowledge is pretty basic, so I decided to be the voice of the mma fans that don't know much but are always trying to learn.

-Cruz from featherweight

-C-Mac from featherweight (only in the future if he vacates title and says he is done at 145, this one isn't a big deal and he can stay, just would like him removed if he leaves belt and weight class)

-Dillashaw from featherweight

-Poirier if he gave up on FW for good (another one that's not a big deal)

-GSP from middleweight

-Rory from middleweight

-C-Mac from welterweight if he never fights there again after second Diaz fight if that even happens

-Lawler from MW, not a big deal, but I don't think he has ever fought at MW in second UFC run

-Weidman from LHW I know he's probably there because of superfight speculation with Jones, pretty sure that will never happen. I'm not too adamant about his removal from LHW.

-Jones from HW He's never fought there, this is another one that I'm not extremely opposed to him being there, but he's never fought there in ufc, and he might never even though he said he will
I'm against them removing ANYONE from any weight class. For example, lets say EA removes GSP from MW and GSP announces in the fall that he is moving to MW. Now we have to beg EA to update a game when they've likely moved on to the next game and are no longer supporting it.

GSP is at MW because they are anticipating that he may make this move soon. Same with Jones who could be at HW by 2017. If this was a yearly release, I would be ok with it but it isnt. I dont want to be stuck with GSP at WW until 2018.
Old 04-26-2016, 04:19 PM   #10
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

OVR: 0

^^^^^^

Did you notice I said it's awesome if you feel that way, what do you think about potential additions to multiple weight classes I suggested?
Old 04-26-2016, 04:22 PM   #11
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
^^^^^^

Did you notice I said it's awesome if you feel that way, what do you think about potential additions to multiple weight classes I suggested?
I think those are fine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2016, 05:12 PM   #12
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I'm against them removing ANYONE from any weight class. For example, lets say EA removes GSP from MW and GSP announces in the fall that he is moving to MW. Now we have to beg EA to update a game when they've likely moved on to the next game and are no longer supporting it.

GSP is at MW because they are anticipating that he may make this move soon. Same with Jones who could be at HW by 2017. If this was a yearly release, I would be ok with it but it isnt. I dont want to be stuck with GSP at WW until 2018.
That's my main thing as well. EA can't predict what guys are going to change weight classes and I don't want to be at the mercy of them updating the fighters because they rarely do it after release. In UFC 1 it took them forever to get Mousasi at MW and as far as I know they never made Brad Pickett available at Flyweight despite him fighting there before and during the games release.

Plus, you have guys like Nik Lentz and Hector Lombard who are now not even available to fight in their new weight class at all in the game. I'm sure there will be even more fighters moving up with all of these weight cut restrictions that are being implemented.

EA should just let users decide. They could make an option for online users to use strict or open (only up or down one division) weight classes in their fights and just let offline users can make their own decisions. No more of this waiting on updates that may never come.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 04-26-2016, 05:16 PM   #13
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
That's my main thing as well. EA can't predict what guys are going to change weight classes and I don't want to be at the mercy of them updating the fighters because they rarely do it after release. In UFC 1 it took them forever to get Mousasi at MW and as far as I know they never made Brad Pickett available at Flyweight despite him fighting there before and during the games release.

Plus, you have guys like Nik Lentz and Hector Lombard who are now not even available to fight in their new weight class at all in the game. I'm sure there will be even more fighters moving up with all of these weight cut restrictions that are being implemented.

EA should just let users decide. They could make an option for online users to use strict or open (only up or down one division) weight classes in their fights and just let offline users can make their own decisions. No more of this waiting on updates that may never come.
My only issue is the FW-LW, WW-MW and LHW-HW jumps. I was forced to move Lombard down from MW and Jury to FW (even though he was top 5 and 1 fight away from a title shot) in my Universe because I cant use them in their original divisions anymore.

Honestly at this point, I'd be ok with a month of no or 1 new fighter, if they spent the time duplicating fighters and putting them in classes they've fought before.
Old 04-26-2016, 05:35 PM   #14
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32

This is actually a good point. I was wanting them to remove Jones from HW, but he might make the jump after support ends.

Poirier though I believe is safe to remove from FW since he isn't going back. Although, leaving him in for people to replay the Conor fight is also a good reason to leave these guys in certain weightclasses.
Old 04-27-2016, 05:43 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Just my opinion. If you disagree that's awesome and I respect your opinions. To those not familiar with me my mma knowledge is pretty basic, so I decided to be the voice of the mma fans that don't know much but are always trying to learn.

-Cruz from featherweight

-C-Mac from featherweight (only in the future if he vacates title and says he is done at 145, this one isn't a big deal and he can stay, just would like him removed if he leaves belt and weight class)

-Dillashaw from featherweight

-Poirier if he gave up on FW for good (another one that's not a big deal)

-GSP from middleweight

-Rory from middleweight

-C-Mac from welterweight if he never fights there again after second Diaz fight if that even happens

-Lawler from MW, not a big deal, but I don't think he has ever fought at MW in second UFC run

-Weidman from LHW I know he's probably there because of superfight speculation with Jones, pretty sure that will never happen. I'm not too adamant about his removal from LHW.

-Jones from HW He's never fought there, this is another one that I'm not extremely opposed to him being there, but he's never fought there in ufc, and he might never even though he said he will

Why would you not want those in the divisions? I only see it as extra people in the divisions. Making hw-lhw mw-ww and lw-fw available in event mode would solve a lotnof these problems imo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2016, 06:24 AM   #16
MVP

Don't remove fighters...

Offline event mode having fighters go across multiple weight divisions is a good thing. Heck, I'd encourage even more such as HW vs LHW, MW vs WW etc.

With GSP out of MW, that's a tonne of match ups gone for event mode people.

Removing fighters.. come on now.

Don't do that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »