Home

Takedowns --- Need a Buff?

This is a discussion on Takedowns --- Need a Buff? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2016, 09:30 AM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Takedowns --- Need a Buff?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSouthpaw
There definitely should be a new system for takedowns in place for future titles.

Right now the takedown system has basically 4 options when someone shoots in:
1.) Push away 2.) Get Underhooks 3.) Sprawl 4.) Get taken down

The lack of a struggle to take someone down is a pretty big gameplay feature to overlook.
The ability to drive the opponent into the cage, chain takedown attempts, and transition from shooting to clinching would have a huge impact on gameplay.

Not only that, there should be more types of takedowns and takedown animations in general, it's pretty boring watching the same takedowns over and over again. Double leg and single leg positions in open space and against the cage should definitely be in the next game.

-----------
Side note:

I feel like for EA UFC 3 the power doubles and singles should be much harder to hit in open space. There should be much more of an emphasis of driving an opponent into the cage and finishing td's from there.

I hope EA UFC 3 in general focuses much more on the cage, it a pretty big deal.

Top post.

Would be amazing this.
Old 05-18-2016, 09:42 AM   #58
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Quote:
There definitely should be a new system for takedowns in place for future titles.

The lack of a struggle to take someone down is a pretty big gameplay feature to overlook.
The ability to drive the opponent into the cage, chain takedown attempts, and transition from shooting to clinching would have a huge impact on gameplay.

Not only that, there should be more types of takedowns and takedown animations in general, it's pretty boring watching the same takedowns over and over again. Double leg and single leg positions in open space and against the cage should definitely be in the next game.

-----------
Side note:

I feel like for EA UFC 3 the power doubles and singles should be much harder to hit in open space. There should be much more of an emphasis of driving an opponent into the cage and finishing td's from there.

great post for sure, especially re: using fence for TDs, and chain takedowns

I think/hope EA will continue to improve. We gotta remember...there wasn't even a SPRAWL for a long time after the launch of UFC 1

so they've come a long way, let's just hope they keep up the momentum
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Old 05-18-2016, 03:55 PM   #59
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Shame that some actually want to keep the game causal. Deeper thinking mans takedown system is needed.
Old 05-18-2016, 04:00 PM   #60
Banned

Quote:

-----------
Side note:

Agreed, also the ability to feint in a takedown with some momentum, like as if you are moving forward. Right now its pretty useless except if you throw a headkick after because most people know to defend takedowns once their hud opens up or they touch.
Old 05-18-2016, 04:37 PM   #61
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:

-----------
Side note:

Like everyone else has said, great post. These are the kind of things that's needed to make the takedown system deeper. I also think the td system needs to be deeper on defense too. For example, all upper body clinch td's (trips, judo throws, suplex, ect) could be defended with R2/RT and up on right stick, while only the lower shooting td's are defended with R2/RT and down. This will allow us to also use mix up's in the td game.

Last edited by WarMMA; 05-18-2016 at 06:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2016, 10:00 AM   #62
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMMA
Like everyone else has said, great post. These are the kind of things that's needed to make the takedown system deeper. I also think the td system needs to be deeper on defense too. For example, all upper body clinch td's (trips, judo throws, suplex, ect) could be defended with R2/RT and up on right stick, while only the lower shooting td's are defended with R2/RT and down. This will allow us to also use mix up's in the td game.
yes for sure I like this a lot
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »