Home

I hate the parry so, so much

This is a discussion on I hate the parry so, so much within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2016, 07:50 PM   #9
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I hate the parry so, so much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chmielu9123
I have the same felling about parry just removed it EA no one want it besides guys who dont know mma...

Wysłane z mojego LG-H525n przy użyciu Tapatalka
This is confusing? Parries happen all the time. This week Luke Thomas specifically talked about it in this week's Monday morning analyst.
Old 05-17-2016, 08:01 PM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
This is confusing? Parries happen all the time. This week Luke Thomas specifically talked about it in this week's Monday morning analyst.
NO they don't happen all the time!! They rarely happen at all and when they do they don't leave fighters wide open as if they're brain dead morons.

Trash this rubbish parry altogether or better yet make it only available for certain fighters.
Old 05-17-2016, 08:10 PM   #11
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

That's not true, they do happen but you have to almost be looking for it to see it. When Valérie Létourneau fought JJ the fight started with some excellent parries.

You just might not notice it because like you said they don't leave people wide open, they are normally fast, counters aren't thrown from them that much.

Contrary to how most people play the game fighters don't cover their face like a turtle and absorb strikes on the forearms. Most fighters deflect the strikes, which is what a parry is. I only took martial arts for a year but we started learning defecting strikes almost from day one.

I just don't see how anyone can say fighters don't deflect strikes because it happens all the time. It's usually just a little push or swipe.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2016, 08:13 PM   #12
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
They happen but they don't happen as much as EA UFC tries to make it seem. With this game parries seem pretty much like the main line of defense...especially for the AI. Fighters do parry irl yes, but they don't do it more than they use movement and blocking, cuz parries also come with risk. You miss time a parry, or go to the wrong side or height of a strike and it could end up being trouble. Of course, this is not represented in the game either.
Old 05-17-2016, 08:21 PM   #13
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Dude, they happen a lot. Rumble, Lawler, Machida and many others parry way more than I ever have in a ufc game.

I think it's against tos to post ufc gifs here but there are a crazy amount of examples. Some fighters frequenting do put both arms up, but while they do that their elbows are pointed out and they frequently rock their arms to deflect energy.

https://youtu.be/bavXVMtjsME

Some good info there.
Old 05-17-2016, 09:35 PM   #14
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Dude, they happen a lot. Rumble, Lawler, Machida and many others parry way more than I ever have in a ufc game.

I think it's against tos to post ufc gifs here but there are a crazy amount of examples. Some fighters frequenting do put both arms up, but while they do that their elbows are pointed out and they frequently rock their arms to deflect energy.

https://youtu.be/bavXVMtjsME

Some good info there.
Yh those are fighters that parry quite a bit you mentioned, but they don't parry more than they use overall movement, head movement and blocking. Machida is one of my fav fighters and i'll be the first to tell he uses his overall movement way more than he parries. As much as one may say he attempts parries, he was known for "running"...aka using overall movement and getting out of the way of strikes. When a strike is coming in the majority of times a fighter will move out of the way, move his head out of the way or block. Their first line of defense isn't to parry cuz parrying is not more effective than doing those things. If parrying was the most effective method of defense like EA UFC tries to make it seem, we would be seeing guys having wing chun battles all the time in the octagon and instead of moving out of the way of strikes. Main point is though the game doesn't take a realistic approach to parrying and make it seem way more effective than it really is. If they could do it in a more realistic way, i'd be all for it, but in it's current state I think it's trash and just caters to noobs that wanna fish for easy offense.

Last edited by WarMMA; 05-17-2016 at 09:42 PM.
Old 05-17-2016, 09:55 PM   #15
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

^^^^^

I don't disagree with that. I was just trying to stress I don't think the idea of the parry is a problem, it's just the rewards are way to high for a parry, also they are probably to easy to do. (Course in the first game they were even easier than they are now)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2016, 09:58 PM   #16
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Man, Dave is SPOT ON here!

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »