Home

Patch to fix corrupt judging Possible?

This is a discussion on Patch to fix corrupt judging Possible? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2016, 04:17 PM   #25
Rookie

Shogun474's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Patch to fix corrupt judging Possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Aggression and octagon control are two of the five things that judges use to decide who wins a fight.
True but out striking and landing more significant strikes, takedowns and sub attemps in every round should prevail. I always take the center too
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2016, 09:11 AM   #26
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogun474
True but out striking and landing more significant strikes, takedowns and sub attemps in every round should prevail. I always take the center too
Octagon control is the most important aspect.Dictating where the fight takes place.Controling the center of the octagon and being aggresive is amongst the highest factors.

Being able to clinch your opponent or take him down at will is also considered octagon control.

Not just taking the center,but also being sucessfully aggresive.

Because in this game going backwards is easier to land strikes,as you stop moving and simply throw a combo where your opponent can't do anything if the first strike lands,because he is stuned and opens up in a combo.Usually landing strikes while going backwards,is not considered as much in the scoring..

I used to be complaining about the decisions of EA SPORTS UFC 1,because all i did ,was watch the main overall stats of the fight.That is until i read the UFC MMA rules on the UFC website, and now i know how rounds are scored and what is scored positively, and honestly judging in this game is 100% fine.

I suggest you go read the official UFC rules here:http://www.ufc.com/discover/sport/rules-and-regulations

And learn how the game is scored and how winning 2 rounds gets you a win in a 3round game etc..
Old 06-01-2016, 09:16 AM   #27
Rookie

Webbington's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Only one of them does. One judge gives a slight preference to striking. One to grappling and the other is straight down the line.

I'm the only person who likes the judging. It reminds me of real life in that sometimes they make bad decision.
From my experiences the decisions in this game are honestly much worse than they are IRL. In the last game I had the occasional bad decision, but for the most part the right guy got the nod. In this game I get robbed on really, really bad decisions on a consistent basis.

It's rather frustrating when the entire fight is a striking match aside from maybe 30-60 seconds and I out-land my opponent and am also more efficient in every round, even scoring knockdowns in multiple rounds, but I somehow end up losing. Just horrible decisions at times.

tl;dr - the decisions were actually better in the last game IMO. I know the judges botch decisions IRL all the time, but to me it really feels like it happens too much in this game. But like they say, just don't leave it in the hands of the judges.

Last edited by Webbington; 06-01-2016 at 09:21 AM.
Old 06-01-2016, 02:24 PM   #28
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
You do know you can deny right. It's pretty easy and the more skilled player you play won't even let you get a sub with a fake. lol

It's all about who you play which then makes you see the game differently.
Big Cee...

I have read you post and I have had a hard time not trolling the hell out of you. You quit all of the time and I do not like the idea of you contributing anything to any conversation related to this game.

I hate how you guys quit when things are not going your way but when you think you are winning you are all about fighting. I hate it it.

There needs to be a suspension for repeated quits
Old 06-01-2016, 06:57 PM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Clarke1
Big Cee...

I have read you post and I have had a hard time not trolling the hell out of you. You quit all of the time and I do not like the idea of you contributing anything to any conversation related to this game.

I hate how you guys quit when things are not going your way but when you think you are winning you are all about fighting. I hate it it.

There needs to be a suspension for repeated quits
Quitting in ranked or unranked?
Old 06-01-2016, 07:45 PM   #30
Rookie

Shogun474's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by manliest_Man
Octagon control is the most important aspect.Dictating where the fight takes place.Controling the center of the octagon and being aggresive is amongst the highest factors.

Being able to clinch your opponent or take him down at will is also considered octagon control.

Not just taking the center,but also being sucessfully aggresive.

Because in this game going backwards is easier to land strikes,as you stop moving and simply throw a combo where your opponent can't do anything if the first strike lands,because he is stuned and opens up in a combo.Usually landing strikes while going backwards,is not considered as much in the scoring..

I used to be complaining about the decisions of EA SPORTS UFC 1,because all i did ,was watch the main overall stats of the fight.That is until i read the UFC MMA rules on the UFC website, and now i know how rounds are scored and what is scored positively, and honestly judging in this game is 100% fine.

I suggest you go read the official UFC rules here:http://www.ufc.com/discover/sport/rules-and-regulations

And learn how the game is scored and how winning 2 rounds gets you a win in a 3round game etc..
I am well aware of the judging criteria of mma thanks. If believe judging in this game is 100% fine then u my friend are one deluded fool sorry
Old 06-15-2016, 04:22 AM   #31
Pro

Has judging in this game ever been properly addressed?

I'd hate to find out you could game the system by:
- Moving forward
- Winning on punch stats (quantity over quality, and anyone whose been a boxing/MMA fan for a while knows this is junk, and a terrible tool to argue decisions)
- Takedowns/Clinches, with no effective use (damage and control), otherwise a last 10 second take down each round to impress the judges is disappointing
- superficial damage. Some people swell and cut easier than others. This is not always, and actually quite often, not the story of the fight. I hope it plays no part

What would be nice to know is how sophistocated the system is. *Clinches and take downs should result in control, damage and working toward a submission
* Ring control doesn't mean operating from the center of the ring, rather managing distance and dictating pace and action
* effective aggression. Punch stats such. 20 damaging counter shots, or flush shots... Just clean strikes is more important that 100 strikes with 50 shots landing, of which all but 5 were glancing and weak due to low stamina
* Which fighter took control and dictated how, when, where the action played out?
* effective defense should be awarded. Same with offense. YOU DONT LOSE A ROUND BECAUSE YOU WERE ON YOUR BACK! if top player is content holding position but ends up defending sweeps and attacks all round, the fighter playing guard won the round
- 10-8 and 10-7 rounds should be used. Most importantly, too many judges are way to hesitant to score a 10-10 round. I get the argument against it, but it's incorrect. There are times no one won the round

Finally, if there really are judge "types" who favor certain disciplines over the other, I don't mind that. I'd say, let's make sure they are reasonably balanced with their tendencies impacting decisions on the margins in close rounds, and I think it would be fun for more personalities (not just striking favored, grapple favored, and balanced), and have the three selected at random each fight.

Anyway, I'd love to know if an official response was ever provided?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2016, 04:40 AM   #32
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

I really felt like won this fight, but the stats look bad.

I did control center of octagon, denied a bunch of transitions, had a lot of top control, controled center of octagon and denied a crazy amount of fast single collar clinch attempts.

Most of opponent's strikes were from postured down positions like mount or side control where i couldn't block.

The numbers reminded me of this thread so I took screenshot. 50-45, 50-45, 49-46 was overall score

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »