Home

New Grappling Momentum Scenarios Coming in EA Sports UFC 2 Patch 1.07

This is a discussion on New Grappling Momentum Scenarios Coming in EA Sports UFC 2 Patch 1.07 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2016, 05:48 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: New grappling momentum scenarios coming in path 1.07

^
I agree, a full kick catch position along with punch catch position (like ufc3 with the clinch parries)/standing arm traps etc they would logically go together imo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
Now i will say this fish, to be fair and compromise. If they were to remove the elbow health event from MT clinch and put a health event into the SC upper cuts then i will be happy and think it would be a fair trade off. (BTW i hate the elbow rocks from MT)
It's like saying I hate the elbow/punches health events from grounded positions. These are real outcomes in fights, it should be treated like strikes from range just with longer block windows for 'balance'

This especially true for sub position against a muay thai clinch as a viable defense against knees and elbows & advances
Spoiler

Last edited by johnmangala; 06-01-2016 at 02:43 AM.
Old 05-31-2016, 05:52 PM   #50
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
Now i will say this fish, to be fair and compromise. If they were to remove the elbow health event from MT clinch and put a health event into the SC upper cuts then i will be happy and think it would be a fair trade off. (BTW i hate the elbow rocks from MT)
They are both blocked the same way though. Uppercuts definitely need a buff in the clinch. They feel almost useless.
Old 05-31-2016, 06:03 PM   #51
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtime
They are both blocked the same way though. Uppercuts definitely need a buff in the clinch. They feel almost useless.
Ya but if we have everything then it's too much, me personally I would like to see the elbow health event from MT removed and damage buffed and the upper cuts from SC get a health event and it should make the clinch look more realistic.

Just my thoughts...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2016, 06:08 PM   #52
MVP

Punches (hooks and uppercuts both) and elbows should have health events in mt and sc both in sub and dom so the clinch is an actual struggle right now the punches do nothing while defending 1000 knees and elbows. See where the balance is skewed?

It should be like where full parries/blocks in the clinch can result in positional reversals like the fence reversals.
Old 05-31-2016, 06:24 PM   #53
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
^
I agree, a full kick catch position along with punch catch position (like ufc3 with the clinch parries)/standing arm traps etc they would logically go together imo
THIS. We have seen a ton of those situations in real life.
Old 05-31-2016, 06:42 PM   #54
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tissues250
THIS. We have seen a ton of those situations in real life.
Yeah, there should definitely be more defensive options in the clinch. Knee catch with low stamina. Arm trap to over/under would be cool. These are things they need to keep in mind for next game. The clinch has to be viable. It is an actual position that many fights go to. If you give more defensive options, then people have more of a chance and that helps add to balance.

I think the clinch now is fine, but they do need to take the feedback from the masses and implement those changes. Every game is a learning experience. They are definitely miles away from last game. Hopefully next game will be the same way. I still love this game and continue to play it. Will continue to. So, I will just keep adapting.
Old 05-31-2016, 07:05 PM   #55
Pro

A powerful uppercut should be added to the Single Collar Whip just to bring life back to the move.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2016, 07:05 PM   #56
MVP

A catch kick was included deep into the patch cycle as was something as animation intensive as the different finish the fight iterations.

Something like a punch catch/clinch parry (+ health events from clinch punches) is relatively a minor patch that is analogous in application to a kick catch that was a patched in post launch for EAUFC1.

Most of these can be ironed out before the release of the next game which is ~2 years away from now.
  • Head traps (probes, posts, half thai clinch etc)
  • Leg control postions (50/50, grapevine, kick catch etc)
  • Standing Arm Trap (clinch parries, )
  • TDs against the cage (+elbows, subs etc)
  • Mount guards (quarter, deep half etc)
  • Grounded mobility (scooting, seated etc)

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »