Home

I can no longer support the UFC

This is a discussion on I can no longer support the UFC within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2016, 11:56 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: I can no longer support the UFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
The WWE allowed him to do this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
But did helwani know that or did he know there was a good chance lesnar was coming back and just wanted to be the first one to the scoop

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk
Old 06-08-2016, 06:36 AM   #34
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by scyth223
Kevin iole, and all the other media outlets knew as well but kept quiet. We have no idea how much the UFC paid to the WWE to make this happen so obviously there going to be pi**ed.

The whole brock lesner thing was supposed to be revealed in that awsome promo but he ruined that.

The ufc let him into every event for free, gets to watch all the fights for free, interviews fighters, unlimited backstage access has the best job in the world and then he craps on them sometimes.
while i understand what You're saying here, but at the same time, he Promotes, these fights, he hypes these fights up, he brings attention to fighters and events. And for who exactly ? The UFC. So yea he watches free fights etc, at the same time he's bringing attention to the sport, as well as attention to the UFC, so its not like they are losing out me personally i can care less about Brock coming back, if he does, he does. If He don't, he don't.
Old 06-08-2016, 08:46 AM   #35
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kado8118
while i understand what You're saying here, but at the same time, he Promotes, these fights, he hypes these fights up, he brings attention to fighters and events. And for who exactly ? The UFC. So yea he watches free fights etc, at the same time he's bringing attention to the sport, as well as attention to the UFC, so its not like they are losing out me personally i can care less about Brock coming back, if he does, he does. If He don't, he don't.
He also promotes and hypes fights for other leagues too and its not like he's doing it for free. He gets paid a good amount to do his job.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2016, 10:43 AM   #36
Rookie

Joe Rogan's opinion on it.
“They felt like he was somehow or other getting ahold of this inside information, releasing it and making them look bad. Now, I get the UFC’s perspective that they would want to know who the f*** is leaking this secret information, and they don’t want this guy taking that information and putting it live. Now, from what I understand, the conversation with him was ‘Don’t do this, because if you do this, there’s only a handful of people that know this information, and we’re going to fire everybody, or we’re going to fire a bunch of people, and you’ll ruin people’s lives.’ This is what I was told was the conversation they had with him. After that conversation, he leaked the Brock Lesnar stuff. I don’t know if that’s true, you’d have to talk to Ariel and get his opinion, you’d have to get the UFC’s opinion, you’d have to get the two of them together to debate which story was true, but this is the side that you’re not hearing. All you’re hearing is that the UFC banned him for life and everyone was upset. I like Ariel, I think he’s a very good reporter, I think he’s a bright guy, I’m good friends with his uncle…
There’s certain things like this you’ve got to kind of let the dust settle. So the dust settled, they lifted the ban, I’m very happy with that. But you’ve got to be careful when it comes to…see, here’s the thing when it comes to leaking information. People say ‘He was just doing his job reporting,’ I get that, I understand. But you have to realize this isn’t news that is not going to get out, that’s going to affect people’s health. This is a private company that’s spending millions of dollars to promote these events. All you’re doing is getting it on you.
..All you’re doing if you’re scooping it is shining the attention on yourself. What I like Ariel for is not him shining the attention on himself. What I like Ariel for is I think he’s a very bright guy, and I think he’s very insightful about fights and strategies and things along those lines. So I don’t think it’s important that he breaks the news before the UFC does, and if the UFC doesn’t want him to do that, because this is private information and a private company and they’re trying to control the press release, I don’t buy that it’s necessarily under the guise of journalism. There’s some f***ery with that. Because we’re not talking about ‘Oh, he found out about some horrible thing that happened that somebody’s covering up,’ or ‘He found out about corruption in government,’ ‘He found out about a person who got shot by the police,’ this is not that kind of news. This, they’re going to release it, you’re just trying to do it before they do.
And if it’s true that there’s a mole, you’re finding it out through some sort of a sneaky method. These people all signed non-disclosure agreements, and they’re all not supposed to release that information, because the UFC wanted to make that big, cool announcement. When that big announcement happened at UFC 199, I was working all day, I was commentating all day, so I didn’t go online, I didn’t read any of the MMA sites, but when I saw that promo and I saw Brock Lesnar, ‘Can you see me now!’, I was like ‘Is this real?’ That was a real f***ing reaction from me because I had no idea whatsoever that Brock Lesnar was going to be at UFC 200. That’s what the UFC wanted, they wanted that, and they felt like him releasing that early ruined that for the people who read his article, and I see their point of view.”
Old 06-08-2016, 11:16 AM   #37
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

I dont think Joe's take is completely right. Ariel said he never approached the UFC before he reported the story. So the UFC wouldntve been able to warn him that they were going to fire people if he reported the story.

What I think happened was the UFC asked Ariel who his sources were and threatened to fire the entire PR/Press team if he didnt tell them.
Old 06-08-2016, 11:18 AM   #38
Rookie

JRed529's Arena

Don't forget Joe Rogan has worked for the UFC and Dana White for nearly 20 years now. He knows better than to say something that would upset Uncle Dana.
Old 06-08-2016, 07:10 PM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
He also promotes and hypes fights for other leagues too and its not like he's doing it for free. He gets paid a good amount to do his job.
I'm well aware of that. I was trying to illustrate how it can be seen from both angles.
Old 06-10-2016, 01:25 PM   #40
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webbington
Is it just me or are you always just looking for things to complain about?

I mean, I've only been here a week, but I don't think I've seen you make one positive post in my time here. It's always something negative.
A bit ironic to complain about someone complaining don't you think? Also I think his points are completely valid.

Last edited by trainbyday1; 06-10-2016 at 03:04 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »