Home

I can no longer support the UFC

This is a discussion on I can no longer support the UFC within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-05-2016, 12:52 PM   #1
MVP

SwedishTouch76's Arena

OVR: 0
I can no longer support the UFC

You can move this after but I wanted ppl to see this. What they did to Ariel Helwani was absolutely disgusting. I'm tired of Dana. I'm tired of the Fertitas. They rip these fighters off and get filthy rich off them. The Reebok sponsorship deal is another example of that. I know it will make no difference but I've had enough. Next time you order a PPV just remember how rich you're making Uncle Dana....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2016, 01:07 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Re: I can no longer support the UFC

We don't know the full circumstances behind this. Was the media told not to report this? Because it's obviously something Dana wanted to keep under wraps. So it wouldnt surprise me if people were told don't say anything about it. And where was all this hate for the UFC when other guys have been banned for life? But just because it was this top guy instead of the lowly guy that works joesmmablog.com now all of sudden it matters, damn hypocrites.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 06-05-2016, 01:35 PM   #3
MVP

SwedishTouch76's Arena

Dana treats alot of ppl like crap. Including his fighters.
Old 06-05-2016, 03:32 PM   #4
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Definitely crazy. Ariel is the man.

It sucks their whole team got kicked out. I really love the Esther lin FOCUS videos, but she was also kicked out, so now we don't get to see a FOCUS of Bisping realizing his dream.

Super LAME/

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 06-05-2016, 05:46 PM   #5
Rookie

Webbington's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishTouch76
You can move this after but I wanted ppl to see this. What they did to Ariel Helwani was absolutely disgusting. I'm tired of Dana. I'm tired of the Fertitas. They rip these fighters off and get filthy rich off them. The Reebok sponsorship deal is another example of that. I know it will make no difference but I've had enough. Next time you order a PPV just remember how rich you're making Uncle Dana....
Is it just me or are you always just looking for things to complain about?

I mean, I've only been here a week, but I don't think I've seen you make one positive post in my time here. It's always something negative.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2016, 06:15 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
We don't know the full circumstances behind this. Was the media told not to report this? Because it's obviously something Dana wanted to keep under wraps. So it wouldnt surprise me if people were told don't say anything about it. And where was all this hate for the UFC when other guys have been banned for life? But just because it was this top guy instead of the lowly guy that works joesmmablog.com now all of sudden it matters, damn hypocrites.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The UFC doesn't get to tell people what they can and can't report on, which chafes them to no end. They can kick Helwani out of UFC events and take his credentials but he can still write articles and post news to twitter. That's literally his job.

If the UFC gave him that info and told him it was under embargo then yeah, they're in the right here, but only so far as it was a good idea to give Ariel Helwani, famous for constantly scooping their big stories any sort of inside info. They're either incredibly petty (they are) or fools.
Old 06-05-2016, 06:22 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
If the UFC gave him that info and told him it was under embargo then yeah, they're in the right here.

That's what I was getting at. I forgot the term for it. Maybe the news was under an embargo. We never heard any rumblings about Brock wanting to get back into UFC or the UFC was talking with Brock or even wanted to talk with him before last night. So I'm willing to bet that this news was under an embargo. But obviously I have no idea. I'm just guessing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-05-2016, 07:48 PM   #8
Banned

Kasel's Arena

Yeah this really ruined the night for me. I will miss this goofy dude asking the real questions we need answers for, he was the peoples man. And I will miss him at the next big press events.

This is worse than the Stitch situation, the man is just doing his goddamn job and he stood by the UFC for years, saying nothing but good things about them for so long even tho they didn't deserve the praise.

Yesterday we lost Ali, and now we lost the Nose who always knows.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »