Home

Arm trap stamina drain exploit

This is a discussion on Arm trap stamina drain exploit within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2016, 06:34 PM   #9
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Arm trap stamina drain exploit

Yeah.. Arm Trap draining all your stamina is INSANE. Then it gives you a sweep on top of that.... Uh... What???

Plus there's something to it that makes it extremely easy. Now let me preface this by saying, I suck at the Arm Trap for some reason. I can deny every transition, but my Arm Trap timing blows. HOWEVER, my close friend can Arm Trap damn near 100% of the time, and he can't deny a single transition..... His ground game is terrible. He hasn't even tried to learn the ground game, but can Arm Trap almost every single time. It's crazy. I asked him what he looks for, and he just shrugs and goes, " I dunnno, I just flick the stick".....

So either he's lying to me, and knows exactly what he's doing, or there's something seriously wrong here.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 06-11-2016, 06:42 PM   #10
Pro

This entire subject is as simple as logic as far as I'm concerned. There shouldn't be any stamina drain for getting your arm trapped. Period. A grapple advantage? Sure. But it does not take energy from a person to get their arm trapped. Once again, these are the things that make this more arcade (tactical gaming inclined) rather than geared toward those who'd prefer a simulation.
Old 06-12-2016, 03:41 AM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
Yeah.. Arm Trap draining all your stamina is INSANE. Then it gives you a sweep on top of that.... Uh... What???

Plus there's something to it that makes it extremely easy. Now let me preface this by saying, I suck at the Arm Trap for some reason. I can deny every transition, but my Arm Trap timing blows. HOWEVER, my close friend can Arm Trap damn near 100% of the time, and he can't deny a single transition..... His ground game is terrible. He hasn't even tried to learn the ground game, but can Arm Trap almost every single time. It's crazy. I asked him what he looks for, and he just shrugs and goes, " I dunnno, I just flick the stick".....

So either he's lying to me, and knows exactly what he's doing, or there's something seriously wrong here.
I've had more than one time where I KNEW I flicked the stick the wrong way on an arm trap and got it anyway. All of a sudden I was in the middle of a sweep and I'm like..huh? And I KNEW I picked the wrong arm, no debate, and got it anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2016, 03:46 AM   #12
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

Arm trap should not equate to getting a sweep. That's the most ridiculous part about it imo. The method of gaining a sweep in this game is just not logical. I don't understand why any sweep can be done with a simple denial or arm trap. It should definitely take more effort to sweep anyone than one denial and motion.
Old 06-12-2016, 09:29 PM   #13
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Good 2.5 minute video showing this. I was surprised at how much stamina I lost even when I denied the sweep, and my opponents stamina after he threw arm trap that I denied and then he held me down. I was specifically paying attention to his stamina.

On a side note missing a power double because my opponent is rocked and stumbles out of the way is disheartening.

Old 06-13-2016, 08:38 PM   #14
Banned

Arm trap completely ruins ground and pound when person on bottom is turtling and you're trying to weaken their block, they should be losing stamina when just absorbing strikes
Old 06-15-2016, 05:13 PM   #15
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

It's fine as is if the current GnP damage is as it is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2016, 05:27 PM   #16
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
It's fine as is if the current GnP damage is as it is.
Damage is fine. But what's your logic for the Arm Trap being fine?

I respect your opinion but I just can't understand how the Arm Trap draining all stamina makes any sense what so ever.

Trapping the arm still stops you from taking punches, and gives you a chance at a sweep. Why on earth would, or should it drain all stamina on top of that? Even without draining stamina the Arm Trap remains an extremely powerful technique.

This isn't even going into just how incredibly unrealistic it is. You don't get suddenly exhausted when a guy grabs your arm...

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »