Home

Arm trap stamina drain exploit

This is a discussion on Arm trap stamina drain exploit within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2016, 01:24 PM   #49
curmudgeon

norml's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Arm trap stamina drain exploit

I stand corrected.

PS4- zappaforever
Old 06-19-2016, 02:18 PM   #50
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
Because postured up mount is a dangerous position for the dominant fighter, one of the worst to throw offense from, especially if opponent had arm traps and you don't.

What doesn't make sense is a gassed opponent trapping arm crazy easy, reversing the position, and taking a bunch of your stamina in the process.

I'm not being facetious.

Either make it a stand up or get rid of them. Another option is reduce stamina penalty significantly for the fighter in mount.
I agree with a lot of this:

1) I don't like stamina drain associated with arm trap at all
2) It should be more difficult to arm grab (and especially hold onto the arm) for a tired fight on bottom of mount
3) However, if a fighter who has stamina traps your arm then the bottom fight should be able to be dangerous from the bottom. Of the arm trap from mount they should have an increased chance for a reversal (into top of closed guard) or to escape into half guard)... And if you arm trap from bottom closed guard, the guard player - with stamina and GA - should be able to go for sweeps or attacks)

So yeah, I hate the stamina drain because it has no connection to reality. The above things I outlined are more realistic and hopefully explain the more likely scenarios of outcomes. Generally speaking:
1)Tired people who trap the arm are defensive and breaking posture. It should be fairly tough to keep the arm trapped (depending on grappling skill and stamina difference between the two fighters)
2) a fight in bottom mount who traps arm has ability to reverse or escape to a guard
3) tired fighter in bottom guard (see is breaking posture and saving energy until they can escape or attack)
4) bottom guard player who has stamina and traps arm becomes more dangerous and can attack

Get rid of stamina drain when it doesn't tie in to real life!
Old 06-21-2016, 07:19 PM   #51
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

OVR: 0

Any news on this?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »