Home

List of "Transition Switches"

This is a discussion on List of "Transition Switches" within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2016, 07:47 PM   #49
VideoGame PseudoScientist

Generative James's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: List of "Transition Switches"

The transition switch from Get Up to Half Guard Sweep from Full Guard Bottom works really well with the Full Guard momentum transition. That transition usually gives momentum for the Get Up in the opposite direction, but press L1 midway, and you've got an accelerated sweep to Half Guard.
Old 09-24-2016, 04:31 PM   #50
Pro

Full Guard Bottom to Half Guard Top - Wrestling Transition level 2/BJJ Transition level 1

That seems to be wrong... Sanchez has lvl 3 wrestling transitions and lvl 1 bjj and cant do it, but dos anjos who has no wrestling transitions but bjj lvl 2 can...

Checking other fighters... You need BJJ Transitions lvl 2 to perform this move. Wrestling transitions dont matter as Sanchez with 2/1 wrestling/bjj and Chad Mendes with lvl 3 wrestling and lvl 1 bjj cannot do it. But someone with 0 wrestling transitions but has lvl 2 or higher BJJ transitions can.

Also depending on what thyou dom fighter is doing,mit may go from half guard, to a full mount sweep as well.

Last edited by HereticGabriel; 09-24-2016 at 08:58 PM.
Old 09-25-2016, 02:06 AM   #51

Generative James's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereticGabriel
Full Guard Bottom to Half Guard Top - Wrestling Transition level 2/BJJ Transition level 1

That seems to be wrong... Sanchez has lvl 3 wrestling transitions and lvl 1 bjj and cant do it, but dos anjos who has no wrestling transitions but bjj lvl 2 can...

Checking other fighters... You need BJJ Transitions lvl 2 to perform this move. Wrestling transitions dont matter as Sanchez with 2/1 wrestling/bjj and Chad Mendes with lvl 3 wrestling and lvl 1 bjj cannot do it. But someone with 0 wrestling transitions but has lvl 2 or higher BJJ transitions can.

Also depending on what thyou dom fighter is doing,mit may go from half guard, to a full mount sweep as well.
I agree that this is wrong. I took it off the original post, but I originally found the move using GSP, who only has BJJ Transitions lvl one.

I no longer believe there is a consistent categorical logic behind the assignment of this move. But if there is, I'd theorize now that it was linked to a BJJ and/or Wrestling Sweep lvl instead of a Transition lvl. I'm not sure why I thought Transition in the first place, it's a sweep. I haven't sought out the formula though, cause by now, I've seen too many inconsistencies in those move level assignments. I'd guess they were originally assigned to fighters using some formula, but then were tweaked by hand kinda like how which fighters have arm traps are still being shuffled around despite their Move Category Levels ( Barnett could, now can't / Magny couldn't, now can). I could be wrong though, I frequently am. If you find something consistent, let me know, I'll update the original post.

I've never seen it go to Full Mount, but that is cool. I'll look out for that. Do you think it is related to the Dom fighter being mid transition or is it related to their stamina?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2016, 10:28 AM   #52
Pro

Possibly. I was messing around with Conor and went to do it and ended up in full mount, so could ahve to do with the Dom fighter going for half guard at the same time, as I know some transitions will change depending what the dom fighter is doing as well. Ill check some fighters for sweeps tho

*Yeah its already different, GSP has bjj transitions lvl 1. So the transition is out thr window. He has bjj sweep 1 and wrestling sweep 3 and he can perform this move. Conor has the opposite, bjj 3 wrestling sweep 1... So for now im going to assume until i can find a fighter with lvl 1 sweep of only bjj or wrestling but not both, that its a lvl 1 of those sweeps

** aaand i figured it out i believe. Diego Sanchez has wrestling sweeps lvl 2, cannot perform the sweep. Has no bjj sweeps. Jim Miller has bjj sweeps lvl 3, can perform the sweep. So going by that, and GSP being able to do it with lvl 1 bjj sweeps, I believe it requires the lvl 1 bjj sweep skill

Last edited by HereticGabriel; 09-25-2016 at 10:51 AM.
Old 09-25-2016, 04:25 PM   #53
Rookie

Very helpful thread! thanks
Old 09-27-2016, 11:52 PM   #54

Generative James's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereticGabriel
Possibly. I was messing around with Conor and went to do it and ended up in full mount, so could ahve to do with the Dom fighter going for half guard at the same time, as I know some transitions will change depending what the dom fighter is doing as well. Ill check some fighters for sweeps tho

*Yeah its already different, GSP has bjj transitions lvl 1. So the transition is out thr window. He has bjj sweep 1 and wrestling sweep 3 and he can perform this move. Conor has the opposite, bjj 3 wrestling sweep 1... So for now im going to assume until i can find a fighter with lvl 1 sweep of only bjj or wrestling but not both, that its a lvl 1 of those sweeps

** aaand i figured it out i believe. Diego Sanchez has wrestling sweeps lvl 2, cannot perform the sweep. Has no bjj sweeps. Jim Miller has bjj sweeps lvl 3, can perform the sweep. So going by that, and GSP being able to do it with lvl 1 bjj sweeps, I believe it requires the lvl 1 bjj sweep skill
I looked around a bit and agree with your assessment. Level 1 BJJ Sweep. I'll update the original post. Thanks!
Old 01-21-2017, 07:45 AM   #55
Rookie

GJ,pls test how many frames from rubber guard to omoplata then side control top.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2017, 08:22 AM   #56

Generative James's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayrjigga
GJ,pls test how many frames from rubber guard to omoplata then side control top.
Do you mean from Rubber Guard, starting an Omoplata and switching to Side Control sweep mid transition?

I just gave it a quick look and it looks pretty smooth, even with a stamina advantage. Same with starting Side Control and switching to Omoplata. Though apparently, looking back through this thread, I did test Omo to Side before and it shaved off 2-3 frames. I didn't think it was enough to justify making the list.

However, who are you using? I'm not sure these are necessarily consistent across fighters. I tried it with Nate. If your not using a CAF, I'll test further.

Besides the few obvious ones (stacked guard and the 1/2 guard sweep) the consequences of Transition Switching is probably unintentional and may also be effected by stats or something. I think the switches that shave just a few frames off probably DO work to your advantage though and if you think you've found one that works for certain fighters, it probably does.

Youtube:Generative James's Games's
Helpful EA UFC 2&3 info with No Commercials!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »