Home

EA UFC 3 Gamechangers

This is a discussion on EA UFC 3 Gamechangers within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2016, 07:48 PM   #41
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA UFC 3 Gamechangers

Strangely, but some GCs that were involved into UFC 2 dev process, now are not playing this game... why? =)

I think many things must to be changed in stand up game especially in UFC 3. This process does not required to be top player. It requires a knowledge of what it is now, and what issues does it have, and a knowledge how it was done right in other fighting games so how to fix it.

I hope this thread is not just a talking but a sygnal to devs to involve right people for right changes for the future.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2016, 08:16 PM   #42
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSouthpaw
To the future GCr's:

If you guys go back please put an emphasis on making sure key positions and moves are added to the game.

I think we can all agree that there are still many positions and moves that should have been in the last two titles that should have made it before moves and positions that should have absolutely been in the game.

For example:

We got a single collar whip before double/single leg cage
We got Peruvian neck ties and flying triangles before we got an arm triangle from mount
We had spinning heel kicks before we had straights with ko power

A lot of moves, positions, features, etc. have been suggested on the forums but I personally hope that EA UFC 3 focuses more on fixing the holes in its gameplay to depict the sport more accurately than just trying to add more bells and whistles to the game.
FYI, the GCs have requested a bunch of new striking and grappling moves and tweaks to current moves.

With that said, its up to the devs to schedule mo cap sessions that capture those moves. I'm confident that the devs will do this.
Old 08-16-2016, 08:17 PM   #43
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSouthpaw
I meant we had spinning heel kicks in UFC 1 but had to wait until UFC 2 to get straights that could KO.

Just saying at this point the priority should be substance over flash.
FYI, guys like Zombie are the reason this is the case. He was banging that "more powerful straights" drum each time we went up there.
Old 08-16-2016, 08:25 PM   #44
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
I voted for you, and was happy to, but hasn't heard from you since. Afro likes exploits, imho, and is more concerned with YouTube. Maybe that's necessary or encouraged, or maybe I'm just jealous. (i loathe exploitive play though)

Any reason you dropped off the activity? (Disregard, read your full post,)

If you ever feel like smashing someone I'm on ps4
I think guys sometimes get the wrong idea about what the GC events entail. Each visit is really only 2 hours of game play and you are at EA from 10-10.

During that time, you arent just playing the game. During the first visit, you spend as much time playing the game as you do talking to the devs about the new modes.

The second and third visits were more play focused but I doubt anyone (Tweedy and Afro included) wouldve been able to find exploits like the magic combos from those visits. Not to say the GCs didnt find and identify a ton of bugs but its not the perfect environment to grind and try to break the game and find exploits.
Old 08-16-2016, 08:37 PM   #45
MVP

Yaari's Arena

I think Trillz pretty much said all that there's to it, in the end the final call will be made by the developers, for any feedback given. (I'm sure the current set of GameChangers could have given them enough feedback to work on until 2020, but time and budget indeed are major limitations towards what can be achieved).

New GameChangers are not going to change anything. Yeah I'd re-evaluate the participation of the current ones, because I'm sure some have lost some interest. But overall I'm in favor of keeping the same people on.

If anything, I think their task is only getting started. It's not like they were really able to be of influence during the development stages of EA UFC2. I believe the course was mostly set already for that game.

Hopefully with the established relations between the GC's and the team, they will bring them in at a much earlier stage this time around, where their feedback has even more impact on the final version of the game.

As for new GameChangers, should be done by a vote just like we did last time. It's a position of being a voice for the community. People should be aware of the kind of insight you'd have to offer, based on your contributions and feedback on the forum.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2016, 08:48 PM   #46
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaari
I think Trillz pretty much said all that there's to it, in the end the final call will be made by the developers, for any feedback given. (I'm sure the current set of GameChangers could have given them enough feedback to work on until 2020, but time and budget indeed are major limitations towards what can be achieved).

New GameChangers are not going to change anything. Yeah I'd re-evaluate the participation of the current ones, because I'm sure some have lost some interest. But overall I'm in favor of keeping the same people on.

If anything, I think their task is only getting started. It's not like they were really able to be of influence during the development stages of EA UFC2. I believe the course was mostly set already for that game.

Hopefully with the established relations between the GC's and the team, they will bring them in at a much earlier stage this time around, where their feedback has even more impact on the final version of the game.

As for new GameChangers, should be done by a vote just like we did last time. It's a position of being a voice for the community. People should be aware of the kind of insight you'd have to offer, based on your contributions and feedback on the forum.
I'd vote for Sugata to become a member of the team or replace someone who was not active. He could bring a new perspective to the team and it would also give him some perspective on the behind the scenes of the game.
Old 08-17-2016, 05:29 PM   #47
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Thank you dude.
I think GCs made many good things for the game but much of this is not revealed for us.
And i think Devs of EA UFC is one of the best devs from community feedback point of view.
I hope new GCs could bring much more awesome ideas to the next game (especially to Stand up and Clinch).

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »