Home

Exciting things to expect for UFC 3

This is a discussion on Exciting things to expect for UFC 3 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-03-2017, 05:36 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Exciting things to expect for UFC 3

Grappling doesn't feel like a struggle at all. You can get to full mount or your opponents back like it's simple, and then just play the deny game until they're out of stamina and submit them. There's nothing organic about it. AI logic, weight, strength, momentum, mean nothing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2017, 08:13 PM   #42
Pro

OneDrop's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by godway
Grappling doesn't feel like a struggle at all. You can get to full mount or your opponents back like it's simple, and then just play the deny game until they're out of stamina and submit them. There's nothing organic about it. AI logic, weight, strength, momentum, mean nothing.
Yup, you either slice through bread or have a stalemate. I hate how everything revolves around denying. You don't even have to work to pass. And the fakes, goddamn. So dumb, yet I'm forced to use them but would rather not.
Old 04-04-2017, 01:59 AM   #43
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by godway
It would be great to have a new way to evolve your fighter ,Maybe a Attribute tree with a ton of ways to raise your fighters stats and a ton of new Attribute stats with accuracy, reflex's for bobbin and weaving, speed for takedowns, real life fighter achievements like being a black belt or lower in certain styles like jiu jistu, sambo wrestling champion, NCAA all American , former champion in boxing (Holly Holm) and etc (evolving your fighter to certain levels), Strength in grappling ( this could determine how hard it will be to get back up and etc, think about khabib and Michael Johnson) speed of transitions , accuracy of stand up strikes ,awareness would determine the successfulness of sprawling a takedown but if you flick analog stick down to late you will be put into a takedown battle just like UD3 but instead of being exactly like UD3 there will be a tug of war type mini game which will show your corner colors and you have to either tap buttons or twirl the analog stick in a circles and after two seconds the person with the most of their corners color in the box or whatever gets the takedown or sprawl but strength will play a part in the battle.

Sent from my Coolpad 3622A using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-04-2017, 02:13 AM   #44
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneDrop
Yup, you either slice through bread or have a stalemate. I hate how everything revolves around denying. You don't even have to work to pass. And the fakes, goddamn. So dumb, yet I'm forced to use them but would rather not.
I hate the fakes, but they are a real thing that happens in MMA. I don't think they look anything like what's in the game though. I think fakes in real life use the legs a lot, and in the game it seems all upper body.

You talking about using fakes against AI or online?

Last edited by Dave_S; 04-04-2017 at 02:54 AM.
Old 04-04-2017, 08:50 AM   #45
MVP

Yaari's Arena

Wonder if we'll hear something at E3, June 10-12th? If this is really supposed to be released this year, it seems like the perfect place for it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2017, 10:05 AM   #46
Rookie

[quote name="godway" post=2048771377]Grappling doesn't feel like a struggle at all. You can get to full mount or your opponents back like it's simple, and then just play the deny game until they're out of stamina and submit them. There's nothing organic about it. AI logic, weight, strength, momentum, mean nothing.[/quote]

It would be great to have a new way to evolve your fighter ,Maybe a Attribute tree with a ton of ways to raise your fighters stats and a ton of new Attribute stats with accuracy, reflex's for bobbin and weaving, speed for takedowns, real life fighter achievements like being a black belt or lower in certain styles like jiu jistu, sambo wrestling champion, NCAA all American , former champion in boxing (Holly Holm) and etc (evolving your fighter to certain levels), Strength in grappling ( this could determine how hard it will be to get back up and etc, think about khabib and Michael Johnson) speed of transitions , accuracy of stand up strikes ,awareness would determine the successfulness of sprawling a takedown but if you flick analog stick down to late you will be put into a takedown battle just like UD3 but instead of being exactly like UD3 there will be a tug of war type mini game which will show your corner colors and you have to either tap buttons or twirl the analog stick in a circles and after two seconds the person with the most of their corners color in the box or whatever gets the takedown or sprawl but strength will play a part in the battle.

Sent from my Coolpad 3622A using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-04-2017, 11:25 AM   #47
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Holy run on sentence, Batman! You don't need to make the same exact post twice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 04-04-2017, 11:47 AM   #48
Pro

The AI ground is OP and also stupid at the same time. Doing the live event, I chose JJ by Dec vs Gadehla. I play Gadehla in a league so I know how crazy she is on the ground. The AI would get me down, deny everything, including fakes, get to mount, land some bombs, I am literally, 1 punch from death. She goes for an armbar, I break free. I gte to half guard, she gets mount back, lands a few shots, I'm near dead again, she postures down, throws some baby punches then stands up.... they can deny fakes, fakes don't really work either, you grt on the ground just spam the same transition and after 3-4 attempts they'll let it through

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »