Home

Ranked play.

This is a discussion on Ranked play. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2017, 08:14 PM   #17
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Ranked play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeface
So after thinking about this for a minute, let me throw out my idea for forcing people to play with fighters they otherwise wouldn't. It follows a progression system similar to what we have today in UFC 2. You fight a couple of fights and on wins you make it to the title match. So my idea would be everyone starts on a preliminary level. So we are talking about lower tier fighters only that you can choose from. Think prelim cards for events. You have a couple of those then you move up to the main card. Now you can only choose from mid tier to higher tier guys depending on where you land on the card or in this case how many fights you have won. Then you get to the co-main, then main event tier. Main event being where you fight for the title. You stay in that tier until you lose and start over at preliminary. Might not be a popular idea, due to not being able to play with your favorite fighter right away, but much better than the original idea proposed here and accomplishes a similar goal.
Good idea. I would like a change though. Even if it is forced.
Old 10-02-2017, 10:15 PM   #18
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Maybe the focus should shift on MMR than the W/L (keep the W/L as a stat, but dont make it relevant)

I liked the idea of EA UFC 2, having divisions with division points, but they are irrelevant.

One can keep picking Jon Jones and be considered a highly skilled div8 player, when in fact they are trash and only winning because they are constantly picking the best.

Perhaps, the game should focus on having an MMR rating system being the center of attention. (like Dota for example, where people look up to people with high MMR and don't care too much about w/l)

So of course, picking a low-tier fighter would earn you more MMR, in a way that it would be worthwhile picking them.

Last edited by manliest_Man; 10-02-2017 at 10:17 PM.
Old 10-02-2017, 10:52 PM   #19
Rookie

NOOOOOO! I want to be able to select my own fighters!
Old 10-03-2017, 03:47 AM   #20
EA Game Changer

ZHunter1990's Arena

Personally, I would prefer a doube confirmation tier system.

Where you cant see who your opponent is picking but can see the tier of the fighter they chose.
Old 10-09-2017, 11:02 PM   #21
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

I have my favorites, but I like using the majority of the roster. I don't really care who my opponent chooses, though. It was the mechanics of the game and ******* stats for some fighters that was the real problem.

I'd be cool with double confirmation. Otherwise, unranked is good enough for the purposes of experimentation. Let the top ranked dudes play their same lame fighter over and over again if all they want is wins. It's all good.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2017, 04:37 AM   #22
EA Game Changer

ZombieRommel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeface
So after thinking about this for a minute, let me throw out my idea for forcing people to play with fighters they otherwise wouldn't. It follows a progression system similar to what we have today in UFC 2. You fight a couple of fights and on wins you make it to the title match. So my idea would be everyone starts on a preliminary level. So we are talking about lower tier fighters only that you can choose from. Think prelim cards for events. You have a couple of those then you move up to the main card. Now you can only choose from mid tier to higher tier guys depending on where you land on the card or in this case how many fights you have won. Then you get to the co-main, then main event tier. Main event being where you fight for the title. You stay in that tier until you lose and start over at preliminary. Might not be a popular idea, due to not being able to play with your favorite fighter right away, but much better than the original idea proposed here and accomplishes a similar goal.
I wouldn't want this to replace the standard ranked mode, but this is a great idea for an entirely new mode.

Perhaps instead of the current LEC, you could do a best of 3 mode where you both start off with low tier fighters. Then, no matter what, your next matchup is with mid-tier fighters. If you and your opponent are 1-1, then you go into a matchup with high tier fighters. So you and your opponent must fight more than once and with a wide variety of fighter tiers to determine who is best at the game.
Old 10-11-2017, 10:54 PM   #23
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Nope I want my Nog
Old 10-12-2017, 12:49 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 1

The best way to do matchmaking would be to make you pick your fighter first, and then for it to match you up against someone who picked a similar OVR fighter. You pick high rated guys you fight high rated guys. You pick low rated guys you fight low rated guys. You still control who you pick but you can explore the roster without running into mismatches.

Edit: This also eliminates mirror matches

Last edited by fballturkey; 10-12-2017 at 01:05 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »