Home

I really dislike the new camera.

This is a discussion on I really dislike the new camera. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2017, 07:45 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0

It doesn't follow you wherever you go like it did in UFC 2 (and any other fighting game ever). Instead, if you or your opponent are circling (which you should be), the camera will pan all the way out to the cage. This creates some weird instances where the controls get messed up and your fighters can't even land strikes. Sometimes you will even switch left/right positions. It's terrible. I don't know if this was a by product of the new stand up mechanics, but something has to give.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2017, 07:46 PM   #2
MVP

Trillz's Arena

Re: I really dislike the new camera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaLemur
It doesn't follow you wherever you go like it did in UFC 2 (and any other fighting game ever). Instead, if you or your opponent are circling (which you should be), the camera will pan all the way out to the cage. This creates some weird instances where the controls get messed up and your fighters can't even land strikes. Sometimes you will even switch left/right positions. It's terrible. I don't know if this was a by product of the new stand up mechanics, but something has to give.
use classic in options main menu
Old 11-30-2017, 07:47 PM   #3
MVP

Yaari's Arena

I HATE the camera. It ruins my fights. I don't even want to engage when it gets behind me, because the controls get so awkward.
Old 11-30-2017, 07:47 PM   #4
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

I actually love the new camera and using my footwork to circle out looks sick lol
Old 11-30-2017, 08:16 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillz
use classic in options main menu
I don't think that works online though. I put it on and don't see a difference yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2017, 08:18 PM   #6
Rookie

chapmandachamp's Arena

Yeah it seems in beta the camera is the same no matter what option you pick(online) ?? Maybe it’s slightly different but I can’t tel with the limited time

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 11-30-2017, 08:27 PM   #7
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by chia
Footwork still feels super wonky after getting more game time in as well. Closing the distance isn't pretty.
I think I figured out the issue. The new "dynamic" camera is actually constantly changing control orientations throughout the match while it pans all over the place. Not only when it does the extreme left to right switch, the camera is actually constantly changing angles, and as it does this, the direction of control orientation changes also. So essentially, left doesnt stay left, and right doesn't stay right.

You need to follow the camera and start moving the stick up and down, instead of left and right, to move towards the opponent. So when we hold the stick left or right, like you would in any other fighting game, the camera starts to shift, orientation changes, and all of the sudden you are no longer moving in the direction you are inputting any more.

I think this "dynamic" camera is actually the reason why the movement feels so weird, and why there is a seemingly lack of precision, and intent in your movement.

It's actually the camera moving around messing everything up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skufflz
Yeah the camera for online play should be forced to classic mode.
This was a random guy in Quick Fight.....

Whatever he was doing was making it basically impossible for me to even move. Left wasn't left. Right wasn't right. That camera is a mess.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 11-30-2017, 08:35 PM   #8
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
I think I figured out the issue. The new "dynamic" camera is actually constantly changing control orientations throughout the match while it pans all over the place. Not only when it does the extreme left to right switch, the camera is actually constantly changing angles, and as it does this, the direction of control orientation changes also. So essentially, left doesnt stay left, and right doesn't stay right.

You need to follow the camera and start moving the stick up and down, instead of left and right, to move towards the opponent. So when we hold the stick left or right, like you would in any other fighting game, the camera starts to shift, orientation changes, and all of the sudden you are no longer moving in the direction you are inputting any more.

I think this "dynamic" camera is actually the reason why the movement feels so weird, and why there is a seemingly lack of precision, and intent in your movement.

It's actually the camera moving around messing everything up.

This was a random guy in Quick Fight.....

Whatever he was doing was making it basically impossible for me to even move. Left wasn't left. Right wasn't right. That camera is a mess.
They Changed it so that your character is no longer tied to moving on a up down left right only bases, you can actually walk in circles now. Im not sure if the camera is what makes it possible but i like it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »