Home

Signature AI

This is a discussion on Signature AI within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2017, 10:42 AM   #17
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: UFC 3 Beta Signature AI Tendencies and Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
Will they post a list of which AIs have the signature tendencies in the final game? It'd be a good way to narrow down the roster for universe purposes.
Thats up to Skynet. He was cool with me posting the ones in the beta so after release I'm hoping he will be cool with posting all of them.

I'm looking at the list right now and I'm not seeing many top level fighters that dont have the AI tendencies. There is one in particular that is missing and its bugging me so I'm going to see if Skynet has the time to fit anymore in before release.
Old 11-25-2017, 03:05 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

If I get in the beta the first thing I'm going to do is to see is if Nate taunts me if I sprint away from him( or is sprinting only forward?) I expect hm to do a bit of taunting and slapping regardless of sprinting
Old 11-25-2017, 03:19 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Its fighter's tendencies during a fight. For example, lets take Nate Diaz and Edson Barboza. Under the settings we currently have, Nate should throw mostly punches, shouldnt attempt many (if any takedowns) and should be mostly a headhunter when throwing punches.

Now Barboza should throw more kicks than most fighters, should never attempt takedowns and when he is taken down should look to getup when taken down (not attempt subs or sweeps).

Now the tendencies control more than what I just mentioned. What I'm most interested in is seeing if FEELS like you are fighting Diaz or Barboza. If Diaz is throwing nothing but headkicks and shooting for 4 takedowns a round....thats a problem.
not too long ago i did conor vs nate on pro and he backed up and i pressured him blowing my wad in the first 3 rounds and i **** you not, Round 4 starts and hes marching forward like the terminator piecing me up and literally was taunting as i moved away. I was in shock that ufc2 felt so realistic hahaha
Old 11-25-2017, 04:09 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Its fighter's tendencies during a fight. For example, lets take Nate Diaz and Edson Barboza. Under the settings we currently have, Nate should throw mostly punches, shouldnt attempt many (if any takedowns) and should be mostly a headhunter when throwing punches.

Now Barboza should throw more kicks than most fighters, should never attempt takedowns and when he is taken down should look to getup when taken down (not attempt subs or sweeps).

Now the tendencies control more than what I just mentioned. What I'm most interested in is seeing if FEELS like you are fighting Diaz or Barboza. If Diaz is throwing nothing but headkicks and shooting for 4 takedowns a round....thats a problem.
Do you know what the extent of these tendencies are?

For example, in real life, Woodley likes to sit back and wait for the right moment to rush and throw bombs. Will he do something similar in the game now that there is an option to sprint forward and throw?

And with a fighter like Nick Diaz, who likes to pressure against the cage and work the body, will he actually work the body in game or just pressure?
Old 11-25-2017, 05:12 PM   #21
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmageek
Do you know what the extent of these tendencies are?

For example, in real life, Woodley likes to sit back and wait for the right moment to rush and throw bombs. Will he do something similar in the game now that there is an option to sprint forward and throw?

And with a fighter like Nick Diaz, who likes to pressure against the cage and work the body, will he actually work the body in game or just pressure?
Woodley: I dont think the game is at this point yet. Will Woodley sit back? He should given the settings that are set for him but if you are looking for him to bull rush people, I dont know if the game is there yet. With that said, I havent played against Woodley since August so its possible Skynet was able to get this in.

Diaz: Given his settings, he should do exactly as you said...move forward and throw body shots more than most fighters. Where you come in is to help us determine if he's doing it too much or too little?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2017, 05:23 PM   #22
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

I'd prefer just fighter styles and perks to dictate AI behavior. I'd give signature and more in depth Ai to a few fighters in each division that stand out with their uniqueness.

I can't imagine trying to do specific ai for the whole roster.
Old 11-25-2017, 06:36 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
I'd prefer just fighter styles and perks to dictate AI behavior. I'd give signature and more in depth Ai to a few fighters in each division that stand out with their uniqueness.

They tried that the last time and there was no difference at all between anyone other than attirbutes
Old 11-25-2017, 06:46 PM   #24
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S

Styles and perks aren’t enough. They weren’t enough for ufc 2. Take Nate diaz. First, what style do you give him? Boxer? Well he can box but he’s also great on the ground and looks for subs when he’s on his back. A boxer template won’t give him his bjj tendencies and a bjj tendency won’t gone him a big boxing one. There are a lot of fighters that fall in this category.

It’s a lot of work but if we can get half in, I will be more than happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »