Home

Separate ratings for punch/kick speed/power

This is a discussion on Separate ratings for punch/kick speed/power within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-03-2017, 03:08 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Separate ratings for punch/kick speed/power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti95
I've head kick KO'd sooooo many people with Diaz lol. I've also been put into a health event because of a few leg kicks he hit me with. I wasn't checking them thinking it'd be fine not to check a few. I'm not sure if this is partly on how the damage system works as well. Maybe I was throwing a big strike as he hit me with one. That's also another issue though. Leg kicks are too powerful across the board. Only some fighters should have the ability to deal out leg damage real quickly.
You're right. This thread is needed.

I just played a few games as Diaz using a more kickboxing style and its wayyyyy too easy with how fast he kicks.

This is indefensible. aholbert, I see you trying to make a strong case everything is ok, but it isn't. Diaz should not be kicking so fast, period
Old 12-03-2017, 04:09 PM   #58
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
I know about vulnerablity and fight extremely patient, and Serengeti head kick KOd me in about 30 seconds with Diaz. Lmao
No bull****, either he is other wordly with head kick KOs or maybe you shouldnt use one instance as proof that their is an issue here.

Because the stats and my personal experience dont back that up. Diaz has an 88 for Power...thats less power than everyone but Evan Dunham in the beta. EVERY single one of Diaz's kicks are level 1 so its not a move level issue. His perks dont assist him at all when it comes to striking.

Now if the argument is the that damage system overall is ****ed up, you can make that argument but I dont necessarily agree. If the argument is Diaz is a head kick king, I dont know what to say because his stats dont back that up. Neither do his perks or move levels.
Old 12-03-2017, 04:17 PM   #59
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleEvil
You're right. This thread is needed.

I just played a few games as Diaz using a more kickboxing style and its wayyyyy too easy with how fast he kicks.

This is indefensible. aholbert, I see you trying to make a strong case everything is ok, but it isn't. Diaz should not be kicking so fast, period
Do you have a problem with Diakese's kicks speed? Poirier? Pettis and Barboza? If not, I wonder why because they have better strike speed and kick animations than Diaz. ****, Diaz's strike speed is only one over guys like Lee and Ferguson so you can add them to the list.

One other thing and this isnt meant as a personal shot at you. I speak plainly. I was very clear about what I think the Diaz issues are. Now, if I'm identifying issues with Diaz that shows that I dont think everything is "OK". I just dont agree that his kicks are an issue. I also have been very vocal (as all of the Gamechangers) about the combination of kick and punch strike speed since we discovered it months ago. We all think that is an issue.

Now if you are arguing that coupling them with a 1-2 in a combo is too fast...I could see that but that goes to my point that Diaz's 1-2 animation is too fast.
Old 12-03-2017, 04:24 PM   #60
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Do you have a problem with Diakese's kicks speed? Poirier? Pettis and Barboza? If not, I wonder why because they have better strike speed and kick animations than Diaz. ****, Diaz's strike speed is only one over guys like Lee and Ferguson so you can add them to the list.

One other thing and this isnt meant as a personal shot at you. I speak plainly. I was very clear about what I think the Diaz issues are. Now, if I'm identifying issues with Diaz that shows that I dont think everything is "OK". I just dont agree that his kicks are an issue. I also have been very vocal (as all of the Gamechangers) about the combination of kick and punch strike speed since we discovered it months ago. We all think that is an issue.

Now if you are arguing that coupling them with a 1-2 in a combo is too fast...I could see that but that goes to my point that Diaz's 1-2 animation is too fast.
I have no idea what the other fighters have to do with the fact Diaz, as an individual, should not kick as fast and have kickboxing combos that are as fast as they are. And yes, its a big problem Diaz kicks faster than Ferg who actually uses his kicks effectively and dangerously. Diaz should have some of the slowest kicks in the division, they should not be so fluid and just as fast as his hands. And im guessing if the stats were still separate, that would go a long way to helping with that
Old 12-03-2017, 04:25 PM   #61
Banned

I think the issue that Diaz’s kicks shouldnt even be a viable weapon when using him.

They should be must slower than most other fighters. Right not they arent far behind other guys speed or power wise
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2017, 04:26 PM   #62
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32

I don't think the first paragraph is relevant tbh, people have a problem with Diaz having fast kicks partially because he is a legit awkward and kinda slow kicker in real life and partially because his 1-2 is ridiculously fast and he can combo his faster-than-they-should-be kicks off it which is something he's never done in his career(at least definitely not a with a high kick). The problem isn't relative to the other people in the game, it's relative to how Diaz actually fights.

I agree with the rest of it, gamechangers get an undue amount of **** if they disagree with someone because everyone immediately jumps to "You ****ing EA shill!" instead of engaging with the actual points the GC's are making a lot of the time. I also don't really see what people are talking about when I see people say all the GC's do is defend the game, Martial Mind put out a 12 minute video discussing some pretty extensive changes to the stamina system for christ's sake.
Old 12-03-2017, 04:30 PM   #63
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishTouch76
I'm sorry but this is ridiculous. If some of people responsible for move sets etc don't follow MMA closely or have a passion for it that really pisses me off. I know you mean well but we should do their research and job for them? I think most let it slide in UFC 2 but this should no longer be an issue...
We are aware that the movesets may have some issues when the final game is released so we have a choice:

1.) Not buy the game (or buy it used) to show EA how upset we are about the movesets being inaccurate.

2.) Buy the game but refuse to provide EA with info on how to improve the movesets and hope that the same person who did the movesets decides to accuarely fix the moveset or that EA hires someone to fix the movesets

3.) Provide EA with a resource to fix these issues and hope that they use their new resources like live tuning to fix them faster or fix them through a patch.

1 and 3 are absolutely reasonable responses given how you feel about this issue. 2 isnt realistic at all.

I'm only a sports gamer so I'm used to doing things like this no matter the game. With NBA 2k, I use heavily edited rosters/tendencies/attributes. I use work arounds to use things like advanced rotations. With WWE2k, I revised all the attributes for wrestlers. With Madden, I had to revise every QB's trait to get realistic QB play (before this last patch came).

I'm not making an excuse. I also would love if EA brought the community in and used them as a resource if they dont have someone who can accurately do the movesets (or is too busy to do them). With that said, it doesnt seem like they are open to doing that so the best we can do is either not buy the game or offer the information and hope they add to the game like they did with UFC 2.
Old 12-03-2017, 04:33 PM   #64
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleEvil
I have no idea what the other fighters have to do with the fact Diaz, as an individual, should not kick as fast and have kickboxing combos that are as fast as they are. And yes, its a big problem Diaz kicks faster than Ferg who actually uses his kicks effectively and dangerously. Diaz should have some of the slowest kicks in the division, they should not be so fluid and just as fast as his hands. And im guessing if the stats were still separate, that would go a long way to helping with that
We arent diagreeing with each other though. I've said multiple times that the combination of kick and punch speed is a problem. The power stat combination isnt as much of a problem because you can mange that by lowering the move levels of certain moves. You cant do that with speed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »