Home

EA Sports UFC 3 Impressions

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 3 Impressions within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-25-2018, 01:25 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports UFC 3 Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelDeeds
Career Mode

Pros - Different AI Styles, Difficultly is high, Varied Gym selection, Rivals, Presentation/cinematics, Longevity Meter is a lot better, Judging scoring is a lot better.

Cons - Lack of immersion in the actual UFC world/other fight cards/fight stats/who's on your card (e.g - 4 fights in Francis Ngan has already dropped out of top 15 and is NR with no real back story, same situation with Tony Ferguson) A little scripted needs more freedom added.

Suggestions for Future Career -

Add pre recorded First names so buffer can string a name together when calling results and not just calling by nickname or last name.

Add interactive press conferences to at least rival fights which affect the hype or effect opponents ratings rather than tweet the same thing over and over.

Add interactive post fight interviews with the ability to comment on performance and/or call out next rival, ask for rematches, title shots etc..

Add interactive contract/next fight negotiations with Dana and Sean. (Similar to Fifa transfer negotiations)
Add more things to spend money on e.g - Nutritional coaches for better weight cut/stamina, marketing costs for better fight hype etc.. so negotiations for the best money possible is key.

Add community CAF Fighter Share and ability to import say 15-20 into career (similar to fight night legacy) would solve a lot of roster problems.

Add calendar to career mode and ability to see other fight cards what are the best cards to be on money wise ect.. (pretty much the already built in with event mode but put into career say (2 x cards per month 1 x PPV and 1x fox)

Overall- 100x better than previous career mode, more depth but room for more.

Personal preference would be to add more and more depth to career next time around as well, rather than per say a one dimensional-one play through journey type mode.

Gameplay -

Pros - A lot better footwork/movement. Judging is better, Varied AI much better (as stated above) Grappling gates are a lot faster so flow slightly better (but still room for improvements) Striking is obviously better.

Cons - Striking can feel a little janky/stiff at times when in close, along with take downs.
KOs don't seem to have many if any rag dolls that I've seen as of yet but early days.

Suggestions- Add more varied Hooks and Overhands. More flow with take downs (e.g hitting some one coming in for a take down feels awkward)

Misc -

Roster needs a few more current fighters but not a massive concern as I'm sure will come in future patches.

Fix EA gameface it's still broken.....

All in all a much better game than UFC 2 definitely worth the buy and step in the right direction, thanks to everyone that worked on the game, hopefully the series will continue to get better in the future but I don't think it's quite time to call Dos Antos and break out the red panties, just yet....
Yeah just like UFC 2, great fighters for some reason go on huge losing streaks and fall out of the rankings. I've noticed that both Volkan and Ngannou are out of the rankings even though they have same amount of losses as in real life. Khabib hasn't won a fight since I started career mode.

Another thing is that I still think it takes too long to get ranked. I'm in the HW division, on a 6 fight finish streak and am still fighting really low ranked guys. The HW division is super thin. Throw me to the wolves after that many finishes.
Old 01-25-2018, 03:09 PM   #34
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AydinDubstep
Hey dude,

First thing, have a look at the store and check, there's apparently a 10% off sale going on across all PS4 games. Not sure if this was US or UK but might apply for this game too?

Second, top up your balance by buying PSN gift cards. They usually are a few quid cheaper than putting the money directly into your account. Google should come up with some results. Buy like a £50 card and a £10 card or something and it might come to £55 instead of £60.

Might save you a few quid and you'll have some money left over in your wallet for future purchases.

G2Play has a few network cards. Their £30 costs you £27.14. 2 of those I think is £54.28. You could find a better deal perhaps if you look around on Google?

If you feel risky, you could buy it from the US store BUT first you would have to setup your PS4 all over again with a NEW US PS4 account. Then do the same thing with the card BUT buy US version. This would overall cost you around £40 or so from what I found out yesterday.

However, it's risky as fudge.

I did it for EA UFC 2 to get the game early which was cool but I'm stuck with an American account, makes buying anything through the PSN store headache as I have to get a voucher each time.

This time round, I'm taking Amazon's offer, £47, and I got a £5 for installing Amazon app & a further £5 for topping up with £50 gift card balance which brings the total down to £37 which is a happy price for me

There's an amazon deal on at the moment but doesn't work for this game BIGTHANKS

Edit: if someone you can get a further discount by owning EA UFC 2, then further discounts await you.
Thanks for typing this out bro!

I ended up getting the PSN network cards from cdkeys. Got a slight discount on the cards too.

Btw... This site will save you a lot of money if you're not familiar with it - https://www.hotukdeals.com/

You can find pretty much any kind of product there. It's updating all the time. All the cheapest game deals go on there too.
Old 01-25-2018, 04:35 PM   #35
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzarek
Omg.I think that this will be a lot of fun but this is scirpted crap.
The person you beat during Dana's scouting trip becomes your first rival, but I don't think I got to pick that one, but it's possible. Your second rival is a "real" fighter but there's no choice process and you can't reject them (unless the option is worded very weirdly: I picked the most apathic option and I got stuck with the rival). But like I said: it's still a lot of fun. Just don't expect too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyduster
This is what I was afraid of.

At least in UFC 2, you could see what was happening in other UFC events. I was really hoping the career mode would hold me over without having to break out Excel and start my own Universe Mode.

Still excited to play the game next Tuesday, but I'm definitely a little less pumped up.
Maybe I'm mistaken, but it's very well tucked away then. I'll double-check just to be sure. I remember UFC2 had it so you could at least follow. But I get that it's not the "core" of the career "experience". It's all about you.

If you want to watch an MMA gameworld evolve, you should definitely look into "WMMA5", the demo just happened to be released days ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsP
Was really excited about career mode this year, but this is lowering my excitement a bit. The way you put it, it seems you don't have much control over what happens.

No data about your record is a real bummer, is there a way you can see scheduled events that you are not a part of?
Like the previous career, you can still pick between 3 opponents unless it's your rival, which is a predetermined fight you have to win to advance to the next chapter. So it's not some free world in which you have control over what you're doing. I hope that in chapter 3 or 4 I can call someone out myself.

Last edited by Blackman316; 01-25-2018 at 04:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2018, 04:42 PM   #36
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
Takedowns against a very aggressive player always coming forward are pretty much impossible.

Every single time u get hit you freeze up and can’t move. So frustrating trying to time strikes when one hit locks up my input and i can’t shoot.

Takedowns need a huge buff. GPD it’s really bad.
I don't think they need a buff. It's realistic because you have to properly setup your takedowns just like in real life. You can't just lazily throw TDs out there and get guys down.....it's not that simple IRL.

So far against guys that properly setup their takedowns, i've been taken down alot. But against the guys that don't setup....they get stuffed as they should.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 01-25-2018, 05:05 PM   #37
MVP

How are people feeling with submissions? They were my biggest issue in the beta and I'm curious how they are in the main game. I don't want everyone's guard to feel like T-City's, which is how it was in the beta IMO.
Old 01-25-2018, 05:14 PM   #38
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget7211
How are people feeling with submissions? They were my biggest issue in the beta and I'm curious how they are in the main game. I don't want everyone's guard to feel like T-City's, which is how it was in the beta IMO.
it’s perfect, but yet will complain about them. You can escape easy. They give you that struggle that ppl wanted with how the gates move. The gate speed is perfect.

I like them. Same goes for how ground and pound is. It’s strong but not ufc 2 strong. You can survive if you are smart.
Old 01-25-2018, 05:22 PM   #39
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
it’s perfect, but yet will complain about them. You can escape easy. They give you that struggle that ppl wanted with how the gates move. The gate speed is perfect.

I like them. Same goes for how ground and pound is. It’s strong but not ufc 2 strong. You can survive if you are smart.
I love you man, but I distinctly remember you saying you didn't want them changed at the start of the beta, so I'm going to take this with a grain of salt and wait for a second opinion haha
Old 01-25-2018, 05:24 PM   #40
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget7211
I love you man, but I distinctly remember you saying you didn't want them changed at the start of the beta, so I'm going to take this with a grain of salt and wait for a second opinion haha
Whatever.

No point in talking to someone who doesn’t even have the game saying what’s right and wrong.

Peace!

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »