Home

Old 01-26-2018, 03:43 PM   #41
Rookie

Millhouse's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The KO's

I'm more worried about the animated KO. This is fail. I'll not buying it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2018, 03:59 PM   #42
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKEZERO
Losing by insta walkoff KO in UFC 3 is letting the player off too easy. Putting the FTF "stamp" on opponents UFC 2 style is equal to the fatality in MK. It's gratifying and infuriating depending which side of it your on. Conversely, not all players choose to perform the fatality in MK, and not all players choose to punch the unconscious opponent until the game doesn't allow in UFC 2. The fact we don't even have the option anymore is the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Mortal Kombat is rated M. EA UFC is rated T.

I do wish FTF was active though, sometimes I get someone who has talked a lot of shh and I want to dive in Hendo-Bisping style.
Old 01-26-2018, 04:02 PM   #43
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHazCode
For what it's worth, I think the whole argument about hitting an un-conscious opponent is weak anyways and I don't subscribe.

If someone is doing that then clearly they know what they are doing and WANT to be hitting someone they know is done for. It's similar to GTA5 in that I played the entire story mode without hurting any cops or civs unless it was directly a part of completing a story mission (which I don't believe it was).

Good games are about freedom. If some peeps use that freedom to do tasteless things (not saying going crazy on GTA5 is tasteless btw), then that is what THEY do. The game is a platform for allowing us to enjoy. I can't think of many times where putting more restrictions on player choice resulted in a better gameplay experience.

Well, licensed sports games don't have that freedom or luxury because they are licensed by the specific sports organizations who want control over their image in the digital world. No sports organization is going to want there game with "tasteless" aspects of the sport. Madden fans have had to go through this for over a decade now with concussions, late hits and tattoos removed. The NFL just opened up about having tats back in the game recently too.

But also, most fighters don't actually get that opportunity because there is a ref to stop them. When I looked at and posted two YouTube clips that showed most of 2017s KOs (nearly all the clean KOs most likely since it was a Best Of compilation), there were only about 3 or maybe 4 clean KOs where the fighter was even able to go off throwing more than one extra punch. The rest were mostly TKO situations like we still have in UFC 3, we just need a few more maybe. Then clean KOs where the fighter walked off or waited for the ref actually happened more than the excessive followups.

EA MMA did not have hits after the KO either, but it wasn't noticeable because the fights ended smoothly and you still had plenty of knock downs that ended with follow ups still. I'm only really concerned about ref interaction since that's what will make these finishes completely realistic. Because imo, a ref just sitting back allowing multiple follow ups and just ending a fight instantly w/o a ref getting inbetween are both immersive breaking elements to me. For now, just make the transition from KO to ending the fight not so abrupt so we can actually enjoy the KO still. Then hopefully they can get a ref to interact with the finishes down the line.
Old 01-26-2018, 05:01 PM   #44
Rookie

Nekrotik's Arena

The animated KO's just ruin it for me, completely.
Instead of being like, "YES!" after I KO someone, I ended up reacting something like "ARGH that looks SO BAD" when I win. I'm not focusing on the pleasure of winning a fight, instead I'm getting flashbacks of EA MMA and UFC 1.

Completely saps that dopamine rush you get from winning.

Last edited by Nekrotik; 01-26-2018 at 05:05 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »