Home

Fighter AI Realism vs Difficulty

This is a discussion on Fighter AI Realism vs Difficulty within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2018, 02:17 PM   #769
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Fighter AI Realism vs Difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingslayer04
A few questions about Open Weight - can it be made so power, etc., is represented in a way where if DJ gets hit by Ngannou it's lights out. I'm not sure if it's like that now, but by guess is no, since I got taken down as Ngannou by Ricardo Lamas. It's just a bummer, and I suppose nothing can be done about it, but I want to ask anyway. Also, a suggestion - why not add a 32 and 64 fighter bracket, not just 16. Surely that can't be hard to do?

Oh my, Stipe dropped my Lamas with ease now. Is it realistic?
Its like that now. I was able to rock DJ with Struve within seconds just by landing a clean strike.
Old 08-16-2018, 02:27 PM   #770
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Its like that now. I was able to rock DJ with Struve within seconds just by landing a clean strike.
Yeah, I noticed. With continued damage I struggled to hurt Rothwell with Iaquinta. Another question, does continued damage mean lower stamina as well? I'm asking because I played with the HUD off.
Old 08-17-2018, 12:11 AM   #771
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingslayer04
Yeah, I noticed. With continued damage I struggled to hurt Rothwell with Iaquinta. Another question, does continued damage mean lower stamina as well? I'm asking because I played with the HUD off.
Are you talking about the continued damaged feature of tournaments?

Where you'll keep the damage sustained in fight A into fight B?

If so, yes, stamina drain carries too.

If I'm not mistaken, you get a slight stam boost between fights, but if you finish your 2nd fight gassed there's a very good chance you'll start the 3rd gassed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2018, 06:03 PM   #772
Rookie

I'm sure this has been discussed but the ai is poor at stamina management. They throw so many power strikes from far away they are completely gassed by the third round if not sooner.
Old 08-17-2018, 11:02 PM   #773
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdpdude9
I'm sure this has been discussed but the ai is poor at stamina management. They throw so many power strikes from far away they are completely gassed by the third round if not sooner.
Yeah this has been brought up a fair few times and may be partially fixed in the new patch.

It got worse after the tuner before last with the 50% whiff tax, as the AI has doesn't compensate for that at all.

Hopefully it gets tweaked as I REALLY don't want to have to increase AI stamina sliders (as this inadvertently increases output, which I don't want at all)

Grapplers are once again hit the worst, as they have 0 stamina management already and gas extremely quickly due to the fact they won't stop shooting TDs even if you've sprawled the last 20 and have a HUGE stam advantage.

Fingers crossed
Old 08-17-2018, 11:08 PM   #774
MVP

I have a suggestion for AI and low kicks.

The AI NEEDS to STOP throwing low kicks once its leg has been in a health event twice or more.

I'm legitimately sick of.beating all low kick heavy AIs with checks.
It's all you need to do, Barboza, Overeem and Aldo all spam low kicks that frequently and with ill abandon its actually hard to not win via Check.

They'll damage their leg on a check, then immediately throw another low kick off the same leg, instigating the immediate health event.

What I would like to see. Is the AI abandon low kicks completely once its leg is at 35% health or lower.

By this stage. It's basically mangled, and kicking with it is 50x more risk than reward. It's pointless, especially given how predictable the AI can be with low kicks at times.

I don't know if its possible in the current system, but I hope so.

I'd love to see something like 35% leg damage = No low kicks of that leg, increased check rate, slower, stance switch (if the fighter has 87 switch or higher)

Currently AIs will come out of low kick health events and IMMEDIATELY blast low kicks again.

I think they should be mindful of protecting the damaged leg, they can still throw low kicks off the other leg.

But if I've destroyed Barbozas lead leg, and instead of switching, or throwing off the rear, he low kicks me with it and collapses due to a check, it just drags me out of my immersive cocoon as it seems jarringly foolish.

What do people think?
This would have the side effect of making low kick check finishes vs the AI extremely rare if not impossible, but I'm of the belief they are far too easy to get against low-kicking AIs currently, you can just sit back and not throw anything and check.

They'll always keep kicking til their legs give out and they TKO themselves in my experience.
Old 08-21-2018, 12:17 PM   #775
Banned

I an super exicted for this next patch

I definitely didnt expect this many AI changes

Skynet you have been puttin in WORK
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2018, 02:19 PM   #776
Pro

MeowingForVengeance's Arena