Home

Fighter AI Realism vs Difficulty

This is a discussion on Fighter AI Realism vs Difficulty within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-30-2019, 12:54 PM   #1017
EA Sports UFC Developer

OVR: 0
Re: Fighter AI Realism vs Difficulty

I have indeed seen that paper, among others, and have tinkered around with and explored some ML applications to UFC. There's no all-powerful machine learning AI opponents just yet, but that'd be pretty sweet!

That said, while the UFC game does in fact make use of ML, it's not always in the ways you'd think. We've been using machine learning in the game since UFC 2. I think the first case of ML was actually to help detect when the foot/leg got stuck after a head kick, and we needed to make the fighter disengage.

There are tons of applications of a machine learned AI in games, and even if there is never a production version as an opponent, they can be super useful during development. They're great at finding bugs and exploits, for example, but also really good for testing balance during large-scale tests. I'm pretty sure the Battlefield series uses ML agents to test their huge 64 player maps without needing that many players actually playing.

Aaaannnyway. Yes, it would be really cool to see a good ML AI in UFC one day. Maybe we'd even be able to have a user-trained version, too <3
Old 10-30-2019, 03:42 PM   #1018
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Fighter AI Realism vs Difficulty

That's a great point. Using ML to find bugs and exploits. Especially for larger multiplayer games. ML can for sure create meta gameplay the creator didn't invision.

It's interesting to say the least. I'm coming from a media background, so this stuff is very promising since ML can for example help enlarge lower res footage into HD/4K. But that's neither here nor there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »