Home

Fighter AI Realism vs Difficulty

This is a discussion on Fighter AI Realism vs Difficulty within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-28-2019, 10:51 PM   #937
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Fighter AI Realism vs Difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skynet
Indeed, splitting difficulty for standup and ground is by no means trivial, and splitting the AI type in standup and ground is also not trivial. I wouldn't hold my breath for such changes.

Bummer. That's a bit of a shame.

What about output sliders for striking and grappling?

Striking is obviously the one that needs it most but I'd love the option to be able to drop the AI's TD output or increase how often it attempts subs.
Old 01-28-2019, 11:06 PM   #938
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroZeppelin27
Bummer. That's a bit of a shame.

What about output sliders for striking and grappling?

Striking is obviously the one that needs it most but I'd love the option to be able to drop the AI's TD output or increase how often it attempts subs.
Decreasing opponents TD output, YES YES YES! If you play a wrestler, he'll literally shoot 30 times during fights... Even strikes shoot waaaaay too often.
Old 01-28-2019, 11:15 PM   #939
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeawayJay
Decreasing opponents TD output, YES YES YES! If you play a wrestler, he'll literally shoot 30 times during fights... Even strikes shoot waaaaay too often.
I agree. I've complained about that since launch.
Specifically the fact the AI just follows the same paths to shoot. It doesn't adapt or try anything different.

Skynet has done some good work there already. They shoot far less than they used to and utilise GA much better AND occasionally will mix up entries.

Also on Pro and Legendary they shoot less and feint TDs more in my experience.

But I'd still love the option to tone it back myself. Wrestlers don't feel particularly realistic IMO, they're on of the templates you really have to make house rules for.
Old 01-29-2019, 08:25 PM   #940
EA Sports UFC Developer

Sliders for various AI tendencies are very much possible. Striking is a bit tricky to get right, but I've played around with a few ideas before with decent success.

I imagine more granular AI sliders will come eventually, if only because the bulk of that work lies with myself/gameplay, and doesn't need to draw on other teams who have their own priorities.

The work to add a slider to the menus before a fight isn't nearly as much as a whole screen/interface for editing baked out fighter data.
Old 01-30-2019, 05:24 AM   #941
Pro

OneDrop's Arena

Quote:
Sliders for various AI tendencies are very much possible. Striking is a bit tricky to get right, but I've played around with a few ideas before with decent success.

I imagine more granular AI sliders will come eventually, if only because the bulk of that work lies with myself/gameplay, and doesn't need to draw on other teams who have their own priorities.

The work to add a slider to the menus before a fight isn't nearly as much as a whole screen/interface for editing baked out fighter data.
That would be amazing man. The more everyone can tune the AI to their liking the better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2019, 10:51 PM   #942
MVP

Quote:
I just got weak in the knees. That's awesome.
As always I appreciate your work.

Another question; Are 10-8's for dominant grappling a possibility in UFC 4?

I know you said you were going to look into or atleast consider it just after the Beta for 3 so I've always assumed there was an issue that prevented it happening or a time constraint and kinda dropped the subject, but they're definitely something that I believe should be in UFC 4 if possible.
Old 02-03-2019, 04:17 PM   #943
Banned

Who has the most aggressive wrestler AI?

I made an Askren caf but gave trouble finding a caf that’ll force the grappling exchanges and focus on control on the ground
Old 02-03-2019, 11:07 PM   #944
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
Who has the most aggressive wrestler AI?

I made an Askren caf but gave trouble finding a caf that’ll force the grappling exchanges and focus on control on the ground
Probably Colby.
I have rounds where ALL he will do is driving take-downs to the fence and clinch, it's pretty great.

Sometimes he is pretty kicky though, but when his AI remembers to wrestle it's like the RDA fight.

Though it just occurred to me you can't use DLC fighter templates can you?

From the base game perhaps try.. Khabib or Ray Borg, maybe Cejudo, they all are pretty wrestling dominant. Khabib and Borg will attempt subs though. Cejudo usually doesn't though.

Though they'll all also attempt striking sometimes too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »