Home

EA UFC 3: Teach Me How To Thread: Tips, Strategies, Tutorials

This is a discussion on EA UFC 3: Teach Me How To Thread: Tips, Strategies, Tutorials within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-01-2018, 10:02 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: EA UFC 3: Teach Me How To Thread: Tips, Strategies, Tutorials

Well this is news to me.....but:

In offline mode, when grappling, if you hold down the block button, it'll bring up an arrow prompt the second your opponent goes to transition highlighting which way to block.

GREAT way to learn animations.

It doesn't hinder your stamina build up that much either.

Excellent addition to the game devs.
Old 02-02-2018, 12:51 AM   #50
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Okay. So first of all feel free to laugh at me about how bad I am at defending this. Once you've got that out of your system, I could use a little help.

I don't know how to stop people from immediately posturing up again after I pull them back down into top mount. This is like the third fight it's happened in and all of them look this bad:

I can assume I have to deny a posture up transition with R2 + Up, but it must be literally a split-second window to hit before the posture up takes effect (you can tell by the quick flash of the full mount options on the grappling HUD). And AFAIK I can't hold those buttons ahead of time - the transitions don't work like that. So how do people keep this from happening? Is the window for denying that bigger than it appears to be?

BTW, if I try to go into half guard like this I'll get knocked out of it by a strike, even if I block to get full GA. And arm-trapping a guy with near fight-start stamina doesn't seem like it's worth the risk, either.
Old 02-02-2018, 12:54 AM   #51
Rookie

Can somebody tell me how the hell you perform an rubber guard with an level 4 bjj transition guy? According to the list, rubber guard transition from full guard are supposed to include for the level 4 bjj transition? Why doesn't it show up when i have someone in full guard then?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2018, 01:47 AM   #52
Rookie

I found a solution to those dorks that spam those body uppercuts all day.. just stop moving and stand in the center face to face and take them to uppercut city in the right hook mobile.
Old 02-02-2018, 07:35 AM   #53
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmbjj
Well this is news to me.....but:

In offline mode, when grappling, if you hold down the block button, it'll bring up an arrow prompt the second your opponent goes to transition highlighting which way to block.

GREAT way to learn animations.

It doesn't hinder your stamina build up that much either.

Excellent addition to the game devs.
I was scared this new feature might be implemented in online before I tried any of the online modes. Thankfully not!

But I agree, great addition.
Old 02-02-2018, 07:39 AM   #54
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Okay. So first of all feel free to laugh at me about how bad I am at defending this. Once you've got that out of your system, I could use a little help.

I don't know how to stop people from immediately posturing up again after I pull them back down into top mount. This is like the third fight it's happened in and all of them look this bad:

I can assume I have to deny a posture up transition with R2 + Up, but it must be literally a split-second window to hit before the posture up takes effect (you can tell by the quick flash of the full mount options on the grappling HUD). And AFAIK I can't hold those buttons ahead of time - the transitions don't work like that. So how do people keep this from happening? Is the window for denying that bigger than it appears to be?

BTW, if I try to go into half guard like this I'll get knocked out of it by a strike, even if I block to get full GA. And arm-trapping a guy with near fight-start stamina doesn't seem like it's worth the risk, either.
I don’t believe you can prevent someone from posturing up when they have mounted you. IRL, it is very difficult to prevent someone from posturing up, but it’s not very difficult to bring them back down.

It’s better if you block some of their strikes and move into Half Guard. You don’t want to be stuck in mount.
Old 02-02-2018, 01:47 PM   #55
Banned

I'd like to suggest something that helped me, when it comes to learning how to properly use head movement/sways, as well as learning how to better use body shots and mix your punches up:

Try switching the camera angle to "Tight". It honestly helped me a ton because you're focused more on fighting in the pocket rather than dancing and swaying all over the place. I found it much easier to identify what my opponent was throwing and react better with the camera tighter. Maybe my eyes are getting bad and the tight camera angle helps, either way I thought I'd suggest it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2018, 02:14 PM   #56
MVP

Anyone know how to chain head movement into body hooks?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »