Home

Finishing: Why is it so hard?

This is a discussion on Finishing: Why is it so hard? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-01-2018, 03:25 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Finishing: Why is it so hard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
Have a great deal of trouble breaking my opponents block. It's not just you or I almost everyone is. It's something that needs looked into for sure.

I would have won 90% of my fights if this wasn't an issue.

It's actually ridiculously easy to do and I'm not just coming on here saying that to brag or something but go to practice and try and look at the block bar, once you get passed actually knowing how to do it (which is the easy part) the next step is playing vs people who know that you can break and sway punches/kicks so you have to decide on when to pull the trigger on the finish.
Youtube
Twitch

Last edited by MaccaC; 02-01-2018 at 03:54 PM.
Old 02-01-2018, 03:25 PM   #10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisukEasy
Assuming nothing's changed since the last time I checked.

The problem isn't in striking power. It's in how the health events work. They last a grand total of 3 seconds (Yes I counted). That's not long enough to put someone in any kind of danger.

I have a few ideas on how to fix the problem and make health events more immersive and devastating when they need to be. I'll probably create a topic about it somewhere this week..

A quick fix would be to simply quadruple the health event duration though..
Correct. Power is fine where it's at. I was assuming the system is done the way it is because they want you to use combos to break the block. Except in three seconds, you really don't have the time to do that even if you do everything perfectly. It all happens too fast. And you might be out of position to begin with, since a lot of times you stun someone, you're still throwing punches or possibly swaying to one side.

It's a shame, but this is all very similar to UFC 2. Where you hurt someone and they can immediately back away, and that's the end of that.
Old 02-01-2018, 03:57 PM   #11
Rookie

Look how many big hits at normal damage it takes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2018, 04:03 PM   #12
Pro

TheJamesKraus's Arena

To break the block you need to mix up your punches between straights, hooks, uppercuts. The block won’t break if you are using the same combination against it.

As for the knockdowns, I completely agree.. I hate the delay you have before jumping on them, I feel like that is pretty significant for their survival.
Old 02-01-2018, 04:06 PM   #13
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Block break mini game feels insanely arcadey. Really sincerely hate this block break meta that forces you to memorize "block breaker combos" in order to game the game.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 02-01-2018, 04:06 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJamesKraus
To break the block you need to mix up your punches between straights, hooks, uppercuts. The block won’t break if you are using the same combination against it.

As for the knockdowns, I completely agree.. I hate the delay you have before jumping on them, I feel like that is pretty significant for their survival.
Part of the problem is that you do all that throwing 4-5 punches of some variety to break the block, and then you get an active knockdown, the health event ends and they've recovered some health. It's too hard for the basically no reward you get from it. If a block break knockdown was a guaranteed severe knockdown, then I could see it being hard, but right now it doesn't feel worth the stamina/effort to break someone's block.
Old 02-01-2018, 04:12 PM   #15
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
Block break mini game feels insanely arcadey. Really sincerely hate this block break meta that forces you to memorize "block breaker combos" in order to game the game.
Right! Half the time with Big Nog my double jab won't fire off, or my hook that I follow up with won't track and just ends up swallowing air.

I guess I need to mix in a hook to the body because those have such a huge forward leap that the standing hooks don't have?

Annoying
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2018, 04:21 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbnt149
After playing it a great deal since release, I feel this now isn't a knee jerk reaction and more a opinion Ive formed -

The damage needs to be put up even more. As said it is still to hard to finish opponents UNLESS they are in the vulnerability window. It's almost impossible to KO or KD from just attacking if they arent swinging at you

In career, the CPU just stands and blocks in the early fights and you struggle to KO them unless they throw some digs

Beacuse Ive been playing mostly online, Ive not used the sliders yet - is there a big difference when damage is set to max? Does it play more realistically?

We should be doing whatever we can do get it to realistic damage levels and realistic strike output
I tried maxing the damage slider then got dropped by the first jab LOL. At HW with max damage slider, I think it's more surprising when a clean strike doesn't hurt them

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »