Home

Can Someone Show Me How Outside Fighting Is Done?

This is a discussion on Can Someone Show Me How Outside Fighting Is Done? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-07-2018, 08:48 PM   #73
Rookie

YourFatZebra's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Can Someone Show Me How Outside Fighting Is Done?

God I'm so happy that so many others, including Martial, are having the same "I will just move forward holding high block and there's very little you can do about it" experience that I am.

Not because I want us to suffer, but because I'm glad to know it's not just me sitting over here getting backed around the cage the whole time trying to side step these juggernauts with their unbreakable blocks.

Makes it so annoying to fight people when they're able to block every head shot 100%. Okay so why don't you just fake, Anthony? Throw to the body or throw a leg kick. Move or something.

Good question me. I'll tell you why. Because there's no real way to back dash effectively and so little of your offense makes a PHYSICAL difference in the fight.

Take what others were saying above me into consideration. I'm no professional fighter by any stretch of the imagination. I'm like 155 soaked. But I've been in a fight or two here or there (most of which I lost) and when someone nails you with a good shot while you're trying to move, that's the end of all things. If you're not going to sleep, which these are pro fighters in a game we're gonna assume for sake of argument they aren't, you're gonna move back whether you wanted to or not. Just how fighting works.

So I end up just throwing hooks and **** trying to do any kind of damage to get a knockdown and create space. Because that seems to be the only strike that lands on these "I will block forever" dudes, as my slipping seems to throw them off and make them actually open up for once.

It's just odd man.
I fight with my friends, it feels so solid and smooth. We're technically pushing each other back with steps in and out, faking this and that, cutting angles and having intense fights.
I fight with the AI and it also feels good. They're competent, challenging, without being too overbearing (minus subs but that's something else entirely) and it feels rewarding when you win.

But then I fight online...
And it's just every thing I didn't know was wrong with this game thrown right in my face over and over and over.

It sounds dumb, but this is really why I wanted UFC 3 to have a public open beta for an extended period of time. We didn't get enough casual gamers inside our hardcore bubble to really see the cheese before the game launched. If that had happened, maybe some of this could have been prevented, maybe not, I don't know. I just know it's really disheartening when you've done everything right and you still lose a fight because your stamina got depleted trying to fight the unbreakable block and failing. Dying to one punch later in the fight after he's already sapped your stamina and made you check out mentally.

Last edited by YourFatZebra; 02-07-2018 at 08:50 PM.
Old 02-08-2018, 03:58 AM   #74
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourFatZebra
with their unbreakable blocks.
Unbreakable? 3 straights followed by a hook or 3 hooks followed by a straight breaks it.
Old 02-08-2018, 04:43 AM   #75
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweedee
Unbreakable? 3 straights followed by a hook or 3 hooks followed by a straight breaks it.
This is really only effective on a hurt fighter. Not someone who has full block and head health. You'll be using up stamina and they will be ducking and uppercutting you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2018, 05:25 AM   #76
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti95
This is really only effective on a hurt fighter. Not someone who has full block and head health. You'll be using up stamina and they will be ducking and uppercutting you.
Are you sure? I tried it in practise to get used to the combo when someone gets rocked, and it broke the block against a full health AI at least. I havenīt tried it online against someone that isnīt rocked though.
Old 02-08-2018, 05:28 AM   #77
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:
Are you sure? I tried it in practise to get used to the combo when someone gets rocked, and it broke the block against a full health AI at least. I havenīt tried it online against someone that isnīt rocked though.
It breaks the block but doesn't do enough damage to matter. If you're throwing that combo while I'm in your face I'm going to counter you. You're also going to be using more stamina than me. It's just not effective against this playstyle. I've yet to find anyone who neutralised this playstyle with that tactic anyway. And I'm not just playing bums.
Old 02-08-2018, 05:30 AM   #78
Rookie

Quote:
It breaks the block but doesn't do enough damage to matter. If you're throwing that combo while I'm in your face I'm going to counter you. You're also going to be using more stamina than me. It's just not effective against this playstyle. I've yet to find anyone who neutralised this playstyle with that tactic anyway. And I'm not just playing bums.
You literally said 100% though..

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourFatZebra
Makes it so annoying to fight people when they're able to block every head shot 100%.
Which would obviously be game breaking.
Old 02-08-2018, 05:33 AM   #79
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:
You literally said 100% though..

Which would obviously be game breaking.
That's not me.... So no, I didn't lol. If you have a PS4 you can come and try that if you want.
Old 02-08-2018, 05:37 AM   #80
Rookie

Quote:
That's not me.... So no, I didn't lol. If you have a PS4 you can come and try that if you want.
My bad, I assumed the person that I quoted was the same person that responded.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »