Home

The Complex Combos. People Aren't Using Them. I Think They're Too Difficult.

This is a discussion on The Complex Combos. People Aren't Using Them. I Think They're Too Difficult. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2018, 10:43 AM   #65
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: The Complex Combos. People Aren't Using Them. I Think They're Too Difficult.

When you handicap people for not playing practice mode by slowing regular combos that are not on the combo list. You get a wanna be Tekken. You can sit there and circle jerk each other but its pretty obvious a lot terrible and lazy choices were made. Just like eliminating stats and grouping them together.

Community will keep dying while you sit here and deny the obvious issues with the game, such as input delay too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2018, 11:02 AM   #66
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: The Complex Combos. People Aren't Using Them. I Think They're Too Difficult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMA Damage
When you handicap people for not playing practice mode by slowing regular combos that are not on the combo list. You get a wanna be Tekken. You can sit there and circle jerk each other but its pretty obvious a lot terrible and lazy choices were made. Just like eliminating stats and grouping them together.

Community will keep dying while you sit here and deny the obvious issues with the game, such as input delay too.
You are misunderstanding the system.

You arent handicapping people for not going into practice mode. For example, I doubt Maia has a jab, hook and head kick combo in his set. That doesnt mean he cant do that combo. I means he cant do it fast.

You dont need to go into practice mode to practice that combo if you dont want to. All you need to know is that Maia doesnt have that combo so he wont do it particularly fast...so you probably shouldnt throw that combo with him.

Lets try to elevate the conversation here. No one is "circle jerking each other." The devs arent "lazy". Pretty much this entire community including me hate the fact that they merged some of the stats together.

On the other hand, the community isnt "dying" because stats were merged or they cant fire off combos with the same speed or fluidity with every fighter. Thats some hardcore player **** that most people dont give a **** about.
Old 02-26-2018, 11:28 AM   #67
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMA Damage

When you handicap people for not taking the time to learn the game, you get something that has actual depth where you can't just spam any random 8 piece combo and feel like you're an MMA god.
Old 02-26-2018, 11:33 AM   #68
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

I think time will be the biggest factor in telling us whether this is an issue or not. Until then... We can't be sure either way. It's very possible people get more comfortable with the combos and controls.
Old 02-26-2018, 12:39 PM   #69
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

I hate the combos and always will.

being a MMA fighter is about mixing it up however you see fit.

Saying the combos stop people from throwing 8 piece combos and being "mma gods" makes no sense what so ever because that is what people are already doing with these dumb combos.
Old 02-26-2018, 12:43 PM   #70
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget7211
The MK and Tekken comparison has always been hilarious. There's no quarter circles on the D-pad, there's no 8 frame windows to cancel things into other things, there's no juggling and the combos have way fewer inputs even at their longest. I'm more experienced with MK, so I'm going to throw out a Cyrax combo.

A pretty standard Cyrax combo would be forward triangle square, down back square R2, forward forward (dash), Circle, back forward square, down down triangle, forward (step), circle, down back triangle, back back (dash), circle, down down triangle, jump back X, back triangle, circle, down back circle.

That's one combo with 35 inputs for one character (the other cyborgs share some strings, but they have different uses) that don't apply to anything else in the game. UFC 3 isn't even approaching that IMO and it's a bizarre comparison to make.

Anyway, that's that tangent done.

It’s clear Nugget is the only non dev/GC user that isn’t posting after recently being bludgeoned in the head.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-26-2018, 12:52 PM   #71
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetractedMonkey
It’s clear Nugget is the only non dev/GC user that isn’t posting after recently being bludgeoned in the head.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I don't know dude, I get hit in the head quite a lot
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2018, 12:55 PM   #72
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
When you handicap people for not taking the time to learn the game, you get something that has actual depth where you can't just spam any random 8 piece combo and feel like you're an MMA god.

Too bad you don't need 8 piece combos to feel like a god. Just spam 1 - 2, ducking uppercuts, free double legs from across the cage and you're good.

Ain't nobody going to sit there and try to learn these bs combos. Community is already going down from what it seems.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »