Home

cant transition in clinch GLITCH

This is a discussion on cant transition in clinch GLITCH within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-07-2018, 10:03 PM   #17
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: cant transition in clinch GLITCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by l The Spider l
I’ve noticed it dosent affect over and Double Under only Thai and Single Collar
I can't confirm that - I do know it extends to the ground on occasion as well.
Old 03-08-2018, 05:03 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
I can't confirm that - I do know it extends to the ground on occasion as well.
Just closed my application and it seems to be working as intended once again, I wonder for how long...
Old 03-08-2018, 08:43 AM   #19
Pro

mannyonelover's Arena

Yeah the patch is absolutely great so no bashing here but it definitely happens on the ground just randomly I can’t quite try to reenact the scenario it just happens sporadically, mostly from half guard top position seems like I can’t deny my opponents transitioned or transition into side control or half guard it just doesn’t register.... PS4 by the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-09-2018, 01:51 PM   #20
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

We have a working theory on this that it's an issue related to memory fragmentation not playing well with the animation streaming system while grappling.

The suggested work around until we investigate further and get a proper fix in, would be to close the application and restart it.

Problem should resolve itself once that is done (assuming the theory is right).

If the problem re-appears again after extended up time, restart application again.

I'd be interested in knowing if this suggestion works in practice as it's still just a theory.
Old 03-09-2018, 06:48 PM   #21
Pro

Yeah I had this happen earlie today. Couldn’t strike in single collar but was fine in double under.

Also had issues with takedowns, Id shoot, we’d stand there in the takedown animation while my stamina drains a bit, then a large chuck drains instantly and I’m denied. Happened every time I shot a takedown, double or single
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2018, 08:41 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
We have a working theory on this that it's an issue related to memory fragmentation not playing well with the animation streaming system while grappling.

The suggested work around until we investigate further and get a proper fix in, would be to close the application and restart it.

If the problem re-appears again after extended up time, restart application again.

I'd be interested in knowing if this suggestion works in practice as it's still just a theory.
Just curious...

When you profile the game inside of your dev emulation tools does the footprint grow continually, or does GC seem to be working as you'd expect?

This kind of thing interests me a lot as it seems I've spent half my life fighting with memory leaks and pointer corruption due to memory leaks in other software in "the sandbox".. Thank god we have things like Docker and containers now, still no silver bullet, but definitely helps.
Old 03-10-2018, 01:16 AM   #23
Rookie

Quote:

This is an absolute nightmare that needs to be fixed. i know you guys have been working constantly on the patch but this game has just had problem after problem for me! I've went from getting to top 30 after patch to 200 because of this bug and the silly matchmaking system just feels like i'm getting nowhere especially when i'm dropping over 20 points every 2nd game after putting hours upon hours of time in after patch to be worse of than when i started seriously wtf! i love this game it's the only game i'm playing atm but Jesus Christ give me a break please!!!
Old 03-11-2018, 12:54 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:

This was the first thing I tried. It doesn't work. Restarted the app and the grappling was still just as messed up as before. I can't complete half of the new insane challenges because they require grappling. When will this actually be fixed? If you want to read my account of the glitch, here it is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrindFactor
Bug (Be Specific): What's with this new thing happening where you go for the takedown, and for like 30 seconds, the two fighters are just attached to each other, nobody moving. If you get the takedown it drains a ton of your stamina. If you don't get it, you still stay in that locked takedown animation position again, and you lose literally all of your stamina and nothing you can do about it.

Then also in clinch mode and on the, ground the input controls aren't working. I'll get somebody in the clinch and press L2 to see the takedowns etc, but nothing happens, nothing comes up. Or if it does come up after trying for a while, and you press one of the directions, nothing happens. Just frozen basically you can't do anything but strike and sometimes those don't even work.

Same on the ground. You press L2 to see your submissions and try to get one, but L2 won't work, or if it does work, moving the stick to the submission you want doesn't work it gets like frozen. Sometimes even the transitions get frozen where both fighters cant move. I've noticed today in all my fights. It's not lag because stand-up is fine. It's clearly a bug/glitch with the grappling. It basically freezes where you can't do anything, and the whole being frozen in between a takedown while your stamina gets drained is so bad.

Game Mode Experienced In: So far just in Ultimate Team. I haven't tried in Ranked to see if the same grappling issues happen. But they def do in UT. Edit: I played some ranked matched with grapplers and none of these issues appear. No freezing of L2 buttons and transitions, no locked in takedown animation, etc. This bug is only in ultimate team.

Can you reproduce it? How?: Fight a match in UT with a grappler, go for takedowns, you'll see you'll get stuck where both opponents are just holding on to each other. In the clinch, try pressing L2 and getting a takedown or something. And on the ground, try going for submissions and transitioning. Basically just go for regular takedowns, clinch and try to go for takedowns from there, and when on the ground, try to get a submission and transition, etc, just basically try to do what you would normally do when grappling, clinch, and on the ground.

Video/Picture of Bug (attach to post or link to media): None. But I'll try and record my next match with my grappler so you can see.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »