Home

Are disgruntled online players bad losers

This is a discussion on Are disgruntled online players bad losers within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2018, 02:50 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Are disgruntled online players bad losers

Now i am not an online player but the constant negativity online from the same group of players even after every patch,is this because they are just losing to better players that they just can't beat no matter what the gameplay is at or there is more serious problems at hand as it seems not all online players think it is that bad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2018, 02:59 AM   #2
Pro

Re: Are disgruntled online players bad losers

There are issues with the game. If people were winning more often due to the use of legitimate strategy rather than one dimensional tactics e.g. grappling with GSP/Woodley/Maia or sway/hooking and duck/uppercutting, there would be far less complaints

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-17-2018, 04:51 AM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob3563
Now i am not an online player but the constant negativity online from the same group of players even after every patch,is this because they are just losing to better players that they just can't beat no matter what the gameplay is at or there is more serious problems at hand as it seems not all online players think it is that bad.
A lot of us don't care if we win, as long as the way we lose is actually a realistic representation of MMA

I really dont mind losing to a guy better than me. What I do mind is losing to crazy bull****. Unfortunately, a lot of crazy bull**** still exists post patch and the game is a very poor representation of MMA

I wouldn't be surprised if there were salty goofs who also complained a lot though.
Old 03-17-2018, 08:30 AM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshly Baked Gregg
There are issues with the game. If people were winning more often due to the use of legitimate strategy rather than one dimensional tactics e.g. grappling with GSP/Woodley/Maia or sway/hooking and duck/uppercutting, there would be far less complaints

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Uh how is grappling with Woodley,GSP, Maia not legit?

I swear y’all want grapplers to be useless
Old 03-17-2018, 09:43 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
Uh how is grappling with Woodley,GSP, Maia not legit?

I swear y’all want grapplers to be useless
To be fair, regarding Woodley, he's hit 5 takedowns in the UFC, 3 against Condit and one in each Wonderboy fight. It's not really something he's done with regularity since Strikeforce and I personally wouldn't put him in the same bracket as guys like Maia and GSP.

But yeah, people solely trying to grapple with Maia and GSP is fine, same way it's fine to not shoot takedowns with McGregor or Joanna.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2018, 11:21 AM   #6
MVP

Has to do with the methods. When one guy picks Conor McGregor, taunts and bobs his head like dominick cruz to drain your stamina while spamming your body, only to eventually end up 1 hit koing you because you threw a jab. It's the kind of gameplay that makes you think "Well, if I can't beat this, this is what high level gameplay will amount to, so what's the point?"
Old 03-18-2018, 02:18 AM   #7
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

But is that strategy actually good at a high level?
Old 03-18-2018, 05:43 AM   #8
Rookie

I would have to say that the mood and vibe is most definitely from the cheese and exploits. I have played over 2000 matches in ranked and probably the same in quick match. Some players are good, even great.....

What I find in ranked, against these "top players", is constant duck hook and bob n weave. Alternatively, knee/elbow phone booth spam or trying to lock animation cycles on the ground or against the cage. The crazy thing is when you beat these guys, they message with nonsense after their loss.

Even these guys that are just fantastic at grappling, in all areas of the game, ruin their credibility with all the cheese they will try when things are not going their way. I think I can speak for the majority here and say this is why people get pissed.

All that said, the people playing like this are using the game exploits that they were given to play with. It's a total chore, but that's what is in our massive metaphorical sandbox. I don't think I can recall an MMA game or boxing game that didn't involve this kind of player or the ability to play as this kind of player.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »