Home

Khabibs striking

This is a discussion on Khabibs striking within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-09-2018, 12:21 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Khabibs striking

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfan81
I do strongly believe that Khabib was asked to carry Iaquinta for 5 rounds given all of the chaos that ensued with the card.
I don't. I think that underappreciates how much of a touch mother****** Al Iaquinta is. Khabib played it smart given the amount of changeups that had occurred and absolutely deserved the win, for sure, but he didn't carry Al, he was actively trying to choke him out in the 2nd.

I think Khabib realized Al had better wrestling and probably different wrestling to what he'd prepared for, especially once he was sweaty and showed he wasn't giving up that low stance so Khabib couldn't shoot doubles.

I think both guys played to the best of their abilities against a guy they didn't prepare for a did their respective bests to negate their opponents strengths, Als counterstriking and power and Khabibs grappling.

Could've he finished Al? Maybe. Could've he gassed himself trying to.finish Al and possibly give Al a chance in the fight, quite possibly IMO, especially on the feet and after rounds 1 & 2.

I completely agree with the bulk of your post though.

Last edited by AeroZeppelin27; 04-09-2018 at 12:22 PM. Reason: typo
Old 04-09-2018, 01:41 PM   #34
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Yh I dnt think Khabib carried Al either. Al was just tough as nails...he impressed me. He took a beating in that fight and kept coming and also his defensive wrestling was pretty good. Even though he lost as expected, his stock will definitely rise after that fight.
Old 04-09-2018, 02:07 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 2

"Carry" may have been a strong word or characterization. I'm just saying Iaquinta is not in the same league as Khabib. Not even close. In no way was Al close to hurting Khabib or putting him in any jeopardy whatsoever. I didn't see the fight live, but did see the replay. I thought Khabib could've finished the fight on a few occasions that's all I'm saying. Al has a solid wrestling base and he is tough. His stock definitely went up, but many are also acting like Khabib's went down. It didn't. I think he toyed with Al a great deal. Not in a disrespectful way, but rather, in a I'm going to get some work in kind of way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2018, 02:47 PM   #36
Rookie

The mid 80s seems low but he should be nowhere near 94 power. Somewhere in between would be good imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisukEasy
Mm-hmm..

Not taking risks =/= not having power
Dropping 2 weak chinned BJJ guys doesn't mean he has menacing power.
Old 04-09-2018, 03:16 PM   #37
Pro

The issue with power, is that its lumped to 1 stat for all kinds of things. Power affects your punches, kicks, clinch strikes and ground strikes. So lowering Khabib from a 94 to mid to high 80s also lowers his clinch and ground damage.

If stats were done as UFC 2, then he’d prolly have like 88 punch power, prolly lower kick power, and 90+ for clinch and GnP damage
Old 04-09-2018, 03:20 PM   #38
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Frankie's GnP is better than Khabib's.

For Khabib's striking power? I'd give him 90 if I was feeling generous. I actually thought his striking looked improved this fight. His striking offense anyways.
Old 04-09-2018, 03:35 PM   #39
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
Frankie's GnP is better than Khabib's.

For Khabib's striking power? I'd give him 90 if I was feeling generous. I actually thought his striking looked improved this fight. His striking offense anyways.
I'd give him like an 89 for power. As far as his striking looking improved, his jab looked pretty good. He had a nice popping jab and he busted Al up with it. Also saw him attempt a spinning back kick to the body. But I don't think he should try standing for any extended period's of time again. He's not a good striker and a skilled striker will destroy him if he tried that. He said his corner was pissed at him for how long he chose to strike in rounds 3 and 4.

Last edited by WarMMA; 04-09-2018 at 03:38 PM.
Old 04-09-2018, 05:58 PM   #40
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Khabib's coach makes an unexpected admission.
"You think we are going to stand with Nate Diaz? You think we have a chance against Nate Diaz? You think, I think that? For God’s sake, no way. Now way in hell are we going to fight with Conor’s stand up too"
Via @ArielHelwani
#UFC https://t.co/fKGE8eJisa

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »