Home

no lecs this year?

This is a discussion on no lecs this year? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2018, 04:09 PM   #33
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: no lecs this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
And a story that changed when evidence was presented that the original story was false.

Valid point. It went from Kenetic played for Zack to 3 people colluded to share prize money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 05-25-2018, 02:33 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHunter1990

About the ESFL brackets, I put any teammates that are from the same camp as far away from each other as possible on the brackets. I put Jigsaw and LemusKhan on opposite sides of the bracket because they are teammates. This is actually a very common practice in tournaments. Especially in Jiu Jitsu tournaments and no one gives a ****. Its only logical that teammates dont fight until they have to.

I don't actually agree with this, in a competitve gaming enviroment big orgs dont get to keep their fighters apart in any other game this should be no different. I've voiced this as much to you before, I'm for all brackets for tournaments / leagues to be drawn live and not sheltering other good players from each other or if people want to be kept apart there should be seeding/rankings used anything that doesn't appear to the outside to be bias by the people running the competition, it has the potential the harm the reputation and credibility across the board.

For what it's worth Zhunter does a great job with the ESFL and uses a lot of his own personal time on it for no other reason that to promote the scene without it the game would be in a state of despair, moving forward though things should be done live and at random it stops all of the collusion and suspicsion which ultimately is only going to reflect poorly on people like Kenetic's achievements if people think theyre all bootlegged and fixed.
Youtube
Twitch

Last edited by MaccaC; 05-25-2018 at 02:40 AM.
Old 05-25-2018, 03:10 AM   #35
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostofwolf

Good man for not believing everything you read on the internet. Sadly I can't provide you proof, I wasn't wearing a wire for these conversations.

I will ask you to think is it possible this happened. How did Afro ZHunter and Kenetic go to this event as part of the same colluding/whatever term you want to use clan and come back as mortal enemies? It's plausible something happened right?

What I can tell you though is I don't have a reason to lie, I'm coming from a place of concern about the community and development of it. I think Zhunter's done a pretty alright job with the ESFL so far but I'm just saying be careful.

You've got the premier competitive scene for this tournament run by a guy who's already admitted to messing with the brackets, whose friend and team-mate is someone he's colluded with previously to split the pot of the only decent tournament this game has ever had. And they both have a say in the ongoing development of the game.

It’s plausible but a lot of things are plausible. Afro and Kenetic could be beefing over a girl. Zack could’ve called Afro a bitch for beating him in the semis. There a thousands of plausible reasons why according to you they are no longer friends.

Also I don’t know that you have no reason to lie. I have no idea who you are. You could have some unknown beef with Kenetic and Zack. You could want to jeopardize their gamechanger status or want them eliminated from a future lec.

Again you are making some pretty serious allegations and the only proof you have is that Afro and the two others are no longer friends. That’s ****ed up if you don’t have anything to support your argument.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2018, 03:29 AM   #36
EA Game Changer

ZHunter1990's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostofwolf
Fair enough it wasn't in the rules that you couldn't specifically sit in a party all day and snipe people on your alts. Still curiously tight lipped on the fact you conspired to split the pot money in Vegas between all three of you, robbing the tournament of any legitimacy.

Tight lipped? No money was shared and there was no collusion or conspiring, therefore there is no value in your accusations.

TL;DR- Yes I did manipulate the bracket of a cash prize tournament to put my teammates at the opposite end of it and never bought it up until pressed on it but it's ok they do it in Jiu Jitsu.

Did you miss the part where I said I do that for ALL teams, and gave the example of Jigsaw and Lemus being on opposite sides of the bracket as well?

I do actually believe you there. I don't really know you but you seem a pretty cool guy, I'm only really getting into it because I think the pot splitting stuff and bracket fixing is a bit shady and needs to be called out.

I think it's evident Kenetic would rather be King of a molehill than Prince of a mountain though, the guy pitches a fit on twitter every time they patch something that affects his play style. Textbook egomaniac.

Didnt you say a few pages back that you weren't here to attack anyone?

Good man for not believing everything you read on the internet. Sadly I can't provide you proof, I wasn't wearing a wire for these conversations.

I will ask you to think is it possible this happened. How did Afro ZHunter and Kenetic go to this event as part of the same colluding/whatever term you want to use clan and come back as mortal enemies? It's plausible something happened right?

Personalities clash sometimes, especially when you actually get to know one another. I dont think Kenetic or Afro want me to blast their personal problems on a public forum. And despite popular belief, I have enough respect for BOTH of them not to do that.

What I can tell you though is I don't have a reason to lie, I'm coming from a place of concern about the community and development of it. I think Zhunter's done a pretty alright job with the ESFL so far but I'm just saying be careful.

You've got the premier competitive scene for this tournament run by a guy who's already admitted to messing with the brackets, whose friend and team-mate is someone he's colluded with previously to split the pot of the only decent tournament this game has ever had. And they both have a say in the ongoing development of the game.

Is it fixing brackets if I give ALL camps the same treatment?

That other guy claiming people were swapping accounts wasn't actually me, I've no doubt ZHunter could get that record legit.
So who is this then? Because MichaelHimself is RelaxedGuy

Believe what you want, who cares. Just want the game and scene to be developed around the spirit of fair competition, not around weird egotists agendas.
Also note, there is a group of 8 gamechangers. No single person gets their way.

Last edited by ZHunter1990; 05-25-2018 at 04:17 AM.
Old 05-25-2018, 05:49 AM   #37
Rookie

it might not be against the rules to avoid each other for the duration of the lec it is defintly against the spirit of the competition as the whole point of it is to put the best players against each other and see who comes out on top.

While u may not see a problem with this, i would've assumed the gamechangers would be held to a higher standard than the rest of us and if u are willing to bend the rules in certain situation, its no wonder that certain ppl may think u will try to adjust the game to your liking and play style.

I'm not saying i believe everything on this post, but it does bring into question certain gamechangers decisions as u are clearly bending the rules to give you and your friends a better chance at winning while everyone else has to play 2 of the best players in the game, u 2 get to avoid each other.

U should be playing teammates, this isnt BJJ or MMA u have no reason to avoid them other than u dont want to get the losses or give them losses. If u cant see that this looks really bad and can look like u are trying to arrange who wins and looses u have some blind spots

I am not good enough to win but if i a m having to play the top players when i get to a decent win score then they should be playing each other. Or should we all add the top players as friends and just not play when they are on? Not against the rules just really lame morals/personality. Especially seeing as there is only 10 or so players capable of winning the lec and it seems most if not all of them avoideed playing each other, again not against the rules just very questionable actions and not in the spirit of competition let alone ppl who help mold the game

edit: U also have a dig at him using block to avoid players but isnt avoiding playing your friend/competitior by not playing/searching at the same time or selecting different weighclases than them the exact same thing? a way of avoiding playing certain ppl.

Last edited by Sivo; 05-25-2018 at 06:11 AM.
Old 05-25-2018, 06:44 AM   #38
EA Game Changer

ZHunter1990's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivo
it might not be against the rules to avoid each other for the duration of the lec it is defintly against the spirit of the competition as the whole point of it is to put the best players against each other and see who comes out on top.

While u may not see a problem with this, i would've assumed the gamechangers would be held to a higher standard than the rest of us and if u are willing to bend the rules in certain situation, its no wonder that certain ppl may think u will try to adjust the game to your liking and play style.

I'm not saying i believe everything on this post, but it does bring into question certain gamechangers decisions as u are clearly bending the rules to give you and your friends a better chance at winning while everyone else has to play 2 of the best players in the game, u 2 get to avoid each other.

U should be playing teammates, this isnt BJJ or MMA u have no reason to avoid them other than u dont want to get the losses or give them losses. If u cant see that this looks really bad and can look like u are trying to arrange who wins and looses u have some blind spots

I am not good enough to win but if i a m having to play the top players when i get to a decent win score then they should be playing each other. Or should we all add the top players as friends and just not play when they are on? Not against the rules just really lame morals/personality. Especially seeing as there is only 10 or so players capable of winning the lec and it seems most if not all of them avoideed playing each other, again not against the rules just very questionable actions and not in the spirit of competition let alone ppl who help mold the game

edit: U also have a dig at him using block to avoid players but isnt avoiding playing your friend/competitior by not playing/searching at the same time or selecting different weighclases than them the exact same thing? a way of avoiding playing certain ppl.
This was actually a strategy people used. Playing at awkward hours to avoid running into people they couldnt beat so that they could safely stack up wins. I would literally wake up every 3 hours or so just to jump on and try to find some of these guys to end their streaks, then go back to sleep for an hour or two and do it again. I even had to set my gamertag as offline, otherwise they wouldnt search.

There was also no bending of the rules, I played by the rules given. Bending the rules implies that an exception to the rules were made, which is isn't true. In ANY competition, you play by the rules given and find the best route to victory within those circumstances.
Old 05-25-2018, 07:28 AM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
This was actually a strategy people used. Playing at awkward hours to avoid running into people they couldnt beat so that they could safely stack up wins. I would literally wake up every 3 hours or so just to jump on and try to find some of these guys to end their streaks, then go back to sleep for an hour or two and do it again. I even had to set my gamertag as offline, otherwise they wouldnt search.

There was also no bending of the rules, I played by the rules given. Bending the rules implies that an exception to the rules were made, which is isn't true. In ANY competition, you play by the rules given and find the best route to victory within those circumstances.
Ok maybe not bending the rules then but defintly not in the spirit of the competition. If there is another lec with cash prize(which i dont think will happen) perhaps the top 10-20 players should all have to play each other 3 times at the end of the competition to see which players come out on top which would hopefully get rid of the need for players to find others and stop their streaks.

Perhaps the rules need changing as u said u didnt break any rules but to an outsider looking in it looks very supsicious with the top players avoiding each other and finding players who are trying to get win streaks and ending them. I understand its a competition and all's fair in love and war but i would have hoped that the top players(especially gamechangers) were abit fairer in their game play decisions they make seeing as whether they like it or not, they are seen as representatives of the game.

I assume there are only 10 or so ppl good enough/consistent enough to win an lec and it just seem like these top players going out of their way to stop other ppl's streaks while not going out of their way to end their friends streaks(it is a individual game not team game) is a little too unsportsmanlike, but i might be too honest for my own good

Last edited by Sivo; 05-25-2018 at 09:00 AM.
Old 05-25-2018, 09:41 AM   #40
Rookie

Quote:
Tweedy played for Afro on stage, had a fake beard on and all.
Speaking of tweedy, what happened to him? It seems like all of a sudden, he's disappeared!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »