Home

Priority in next patch?

This is a discussion on Priority in next patch? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2018, 07:51 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Priority in next patch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
You could do it a different way.

By making the TD behave like any other clinch/grappling position.

That way we could freely move, strike, transition etc during TDs.
Or we could just use ud3s system and fix the bugs they had?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2018, 07:53 PM   #42
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
Or we could just use ud3s system and fix the bugs they had?
We could but I think the devs have made it clear that they are not going to scrap this system to use UD3's system.

They best we can hope for is getting some features from UD3 introduced into EA UFC such as struggle, variety, clinch parries, ground TKOs, etc.
Old 06-09-2018, 10:07 PM   #43
Banned

Rolltide1980's Arena

Quote:
Ah back when mma games were realisitic
I must have missed the realistic MMA game.....where was I hiding when it came out ?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-09-2018, 11:16 PM   #44
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolltide1980
I must have missed the realistic MMA game.....where was I hiding when it came out ?

let me tell ya story son. about a game with real locomotionin the clinch. it had strike cancels. soccer kicks. and pride mode. it was glorious. you could sway on the ground struggle td it even had an amazing ftf system. took skill not reaction time to be good. it defeated fight night in sales.
Old 06-10-2018, 02:49 PM   #45
Banned

Rolltide1980's Arena

Quote:
let me tell ya story son. about a game with real locomotionin the clinch. it had strike cancels. soccer kicks. and pride mode. it was glorious. you could sway on the ground struggle td it even had an amazing ftf system. took skill not reaction time to be good. it defeated fight night in sales.
Lol son,ironic part is I'm probably old enough to be your dad lol. Anyways, the grappling was amazing in Undisputed 3,hands down better than this game,but...........the stand up was not that good in Undisputed 3. It wasnt horrible,but definitely wasnt very good. The damage system was not unlike street fighter or mortal kombat where you had a health bar. Not by any means comparing Undisputed 3 to an arcade fighter but the head health system was very similar to a health bar in those games.

Once your head health got to a certain point,it was game over after the next strike. No regenerating health,no nothing,once your head damage hit that threshold that was it.By no means am I knocking U3,was an excellent game that did alot of things right. Some elements of that game are still better than what we have in UFC 3. All I'm saying is let's not pretend that U3 was perfect or all that realistic. As far as I'm concerned he have yet to see a true sim MMA game. Yes I'm very well aware that U3 had a sim mode,but that doesnt mean it was necessarily a sim.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2018, 02:59 PM   #46
Banned

Rolltide1980's Arena

That being said,I think if they took the best elements from each game;the wrestling and grappling from Undisputed 3,the stand up and striking from UFC 3, and hell even though I absolutely hated this game there's even a couple elements they could borrow from EA MMA like the online fight cards. All the tools are there to make a pretty amazing UFC game if they could just piece together all the things that work. They dont necessarily have to build a new game from the ground up,they just need to go back to the drawing board and go over what works and what doesnt work. They already had an amazing ragdoll KO physics system in place,why they scrapped it is beyond me and everybody else. Hate to say it but maybe they should do away with the whole Gamechangers thing if they're not going to use their input.

Old 06-10-2018, 06:42 PM   #47
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
1) FD is for less than 50% of strikes, even for the most common

2) Some GCs said that this is not correct

> We need to be open FULL frame data and 100% accurate.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »