Home

Reasonable crucifix fix

This is a discussion on Reasonable crucifix fix within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2018, 08:04 PM   #41
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Reasonable crucifix fix

Food for thought...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wsi1Yvc5QuA
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2018, 09:10 PM   #42
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCB x Finlay
Basically control doesnt equal deadlier. Deadlier from an mma point of view is seen as whats closer to bringing a fight to the end, this can clearly be seen by the new rules focus on damage.

Crucifix and backside are great for control, but are harder to finish from due to the lack of power, subs and for backside ability for the oppenent to defend.

Using askren as an example shows where the crucifix actually lacks this ability, i went through his last few finishes and none result from crucifix, even in fights he estabilishes the position, finishing opportunities result more from other positions making them "deadlier".

We can do the same breakdown with khabib.
Vs darell horcher, khabib estabilishes crucifix but does not finish, then moves to backmount where hes able to get the tko.
Vs mj gets a sub with a kimura from crucifix and transitioning to north south to finish.

Breaking this down you can see crucifix is better for control but for finishing/more "deadlier other positions are better.

If anything our reason for disagreeing is the concept of deadlier, different ideas which that means and looking it from two seperate povs.
Cool thanks for that. I at least hope you gained something from your response.
Old 06-19-2018, 09:13 PM   #43
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksearyback
That is cute but this highlights my point about BJJ evolving without strikes. It just isn’t “real” fighting. Add strikes and it’s another ball game. Do you think Garcia beats askren in mma if the fight goes to the ground.
Old 06-19-2018, 09:19 PM   #44
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPSPunk
Cool thanks for that. I at least hope you gained something from your response.
Well hopefully you gained from it too. Hopefully something is changed regarding the crucifix as its not as bad irl as it is in game. You could admit your wrong as Ive shown.
Old 06-19-2018, 09:33 PM   #45
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCB x Finlay
Well hopefully you gained from it too. Hopefully something is changed regarding the crucifix as its not as bad irl as it is in game. You could admit your wrong as Ive shown.
admitting I was wrong would make feel better, but too bad it won’t make you less wrong. Or make me care to prove my accurate assertion any further. But you seem like a nice guy if ask nicely I will do it to make you feel complete
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2018, 09:34 PM   #46
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPSPunk
That is cute but this highlights my point about BJJ evolving without strikes. It just isn’t “real” fighting. Add strikes and it’s another ball game. Do you think Garcia beats askren in mma if the fight goes to the ground.
Let's get this straight, I already said that:
* Wrestling foundation is better for fighting, all things equal (and starting standing)

You said, something along the lines of:
* "in a grappling match of the best of both styles, the wrestler beats the submission grappler

But the reason I posted that was purely in fun, and as a reply to your silly comment about "wrestlers being able to easily get out of mount because it was just a weak pin." Remember when I said that even Askren would say your comment was off-the-mark?
Old 06-19-2018, 09:39 PM   #47
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksearyback
Let's get this straight, I already said that:
* Wrestling foundation is better for fighting, all things equal (and starting standing)

You said, something along the lines of:
* "in a grappling match of the best of both styles, the wrestler beats the submission grappler

But the reason I posted that was purely in fun, and as a reply to your silly comment about "wrestlers being able to easily get out of mount because it was just a weak pin." Remember when I said that even Askren would say your comment was off-the-mark?
Yawn...sorry for not going deeper into my original point. Not sure I said grappling match...if I did I really meant ground fight. Inclusive of strikes. When I see rolling like that to me that is as real if a fight as boxing, maybe even slap boxing. It’s cute but developed outside the context of real world fighting...unless of course you think askren would begin a fight on his butt..lol

Last edited by OPSPunk; 06-19-2018 at 09:42 PM.
Old 06-19-2018, 09:44 PM   #48
Pro

Replies becoming incoherent, and more off-base.

/discussion

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »