Home

Patch Spoilers dropping on Twitter!

This is a discussion on Patch Spoilers dropping on Twitter! within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2018, 04:38 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Patch Spoilers dropping on Twitter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetractedMonkey
Has anyone been saying running is an issue after the latest patch? I feel like it skews toward pressure fighting again now. Whereas before I would've skewed it toward outside fighting.

The jab nerf really crushed your defensive options against pressure. You have to weasel in a counter between getting your guard pounded on and hoping when you trade, your punches land.

I don't think we need any more major changes to the way things work besides making the amount of punches thrown effect how much stamina recovers akin to FNC. Other than that, some minor tweaks like nerfing the overhand, restoring the jab, and eliminating the stiff arm stamina entirely.
Dont forget the ability to cancel lunges into /out of everything.

Edit: And a power modifier.

Last edited by Phillyboi207; 06-29-2018 at 04:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2018, 04:41 PM   #26
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetractedMonkey
Has anyone been saying running is an issue after the latest patch? I feel like it skews toward pressure fighting again now. Whereas before I would've skewed it toward outside fighting.

The jab nerf really crushed your defensive options against pressure. You have to weasel in a counter between getting your guard pounded on and hoping when you trade, your punches land.

I don't think we need any more major changes to the way things work besides making the amount of punches thrown effect how much stamina recovers akin to FNC. Other than that, some minor tweaks like nerfing the overhand, restoring the jab, and eliminating the stiff arm stamina entirely.
Not as much as before but every potential change toward outside fighting is always followed by a "will this bring us back to a running meta?" response. Like I dont think we will ever get no stiff arm stamina for that reason alone.
Old 06-29-2018, 04:50 PM   #27
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Not as much as before but every potential change toward outside fighting is always followed by a "will this bring us back to a running meta?" response. Like I dont think we will ever get no stiff arm stamina for that reason alone.
When was that ever the meta tho?

Even in the ESFL fights constant pressure have always been prevelant
Old 06-29-2018, 04:50 PM   #28
MVP

Since we are on the footwork part of the patch spoilers I hope the delay when chaining lunges and other techniques is gone.

Old 06-29-2018, 04:54 PM   #29
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Outside fighting definitely needs a bit more attention. I too have posted ideas to help outside fighting like the quick side shuffling to circle off cage, the quick retreat only using short term stamina and slip strikes off head movement being faster so it's more viable option against combo spam. Of course its a divide...most of these guys just wanna plow forward and try to break block with combos.
Old 06-29-2018, 04:57 PM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomitomitomi
For what it's worth, they start working on these weeks/months in advance and maybe they wanted a more eloquent solution to combopressuring than simply nerfing the stamina.

I am going to try and stay patient till everything is out but it is quite odd that the first patch spoilers focus on buffing aggression. Things like block being weaker if you circle into a strike make logical sense but I am quite baffled by why would your strikes be weaker just because you are near the cage. Hopefully it is very literal when it says "back against the cage".
No it’s literally when your back is against the cage and you’re squared up. Makes sense to me
Old 06-29-2018, 05:01 PM   #31
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMMA
Outside fighting definitely needs a bit more attention. I too have posted ideas to help outside fighting like the quick side shuffling to circle off cage, the quick retreat only using short term stamina and slip strikes off head movement being faster so it's more viable option against combo spam. Of course its a divide...most of these guys just wanna plow forward and try to break block with combos.
I really hope we get lateral sprint/circle out.

It would be good if they split backwards sprint and pawing (and tie it to grappling) from the retreat evasion and add lateral sprint.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2018, 05:42 PM   #32
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Here is the reality:

There is a side that thinks that running is and has been an issue. I dont agree with that but I also dont play ranked much so my opinion isnt as valid. That side claims that they see running and passive fighting all the time and that there are currently no real ways to cut off the cage. They claim that its hard (impossible) to push a good player to the cage by forward movement and cutting off the cage.

They are vocal and they have a valid point when it comes to high level ranked.

On the flip side, there is the rest of the ranked players. They see aggression as a problem and think that the game needs more outside fighting tools. To be honest with you, this side isnt as vocal as the others. There are guys like Philly and FCB and you who have been vocal but not an overwhelming majority. I've been vocal behind the scenes but I'm an offline player so my opinion on this subject is less valid.

So thats where we are. The devs are trying to find solutions that make everyone happy. I will say this though:

If the "community" really thinks outside fighting needs a buff, more than just 3-5 people should be constantly talking about it. If it is really a huge issue (I think it is), you need to be just as vocal as the elite ranked players.
The problem here is that running is a valid strategy in real life whereas throwing 350 sig strikes per fight is not. At least for 97 % of all fighters. But yeah the Devs listen to the vocal competitive players.

The real problem with the game is that EA wants a competitive game with those stupid online leagues or whatever. The game is ****ing boring, so ****ing boring. I can't make more than 2-3 fights because it's so bad.

Offline, Aholbert. I've tried. AI Cody Garbrandt went for several TD vs. my TJ. I've never returned to offline since. It's worse than online.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »