Home

List of small stat changes that can improve fighter ranking accuracy

This is a discussion on List of small stat changes that can improve fighter ranking accuracy within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2018, 11:53 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: List of small stat changes that can improve fighter ranking accuracy

Something felt reallllly bad about Sage Northcutt. I feel like he should be faster, have to look at his stats but I felt like I was using a heavyweight. Im okay with him having bad grappling stats but his footwork is not bad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2018, 12:07 PM   #26
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Al Iaquinta - changed 4 stats
Charles Olivieria - changed 7 stats
Bektic- changed 4
Covington- 5
Guida- 4
Blachowicz -5
Theodeareau - 6
Amirikhani -5

Those are just in the last update. Tell me again how we only change 1-2 stats at a time.

Look if you think those KOs mean he is the 6th hardest hitting LW in that division....cool. I disagree but whatever.
Dude, how do actual KO's not mean you hit really freaking hard? I would understand if they were all TKO's but literally they die when he knocks them out. If I one shot KO someone does that mean I don't hit hard and that I'm just good at something else?
Old 07-11-2018, 12:21 PM   #27
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeba1000
Dude, how do actual KO's not mean you hit really freaking hard? I would understand if they were all TKO's but literally they die when he knocks them out. If I one shot KO someone does that mean I don't hit hard and that I'm just good at something else?
This is a dumb *** argument. No one said he doesnt hit hard. I've already said he will likely get a buff. Just because you "hit hard" doesnt mean that there arent several other people in your division who hit harder.

His KOs came from kicks and knees which is an argument to buff those specific move levels not necessarily an argument to put his overall power (punches and kicks) on the level of the best fighters in the division in that category.
Old 07-11-2018, 12:44 PM   #28
Banned

Quote:
This is a dumb *** argument. No one said he doesnt hit hard. I've already said he will likely get a buff. Just because you "hit hard" doesnt mean that there arent several other people in your division who hit harder.

His KOs came from kicks and knees which is an argument to buff those specific move levels not necessarily an argument to put his overall power (punches and kicks) on the level of the best fighters in the division in that category.
I dont understand the 2nd part. So if a guy gets a bunch of KOs with his punches doesnt that mean you could argue to just increase their punch move levels?

What is the rubric for power if not KOs and rockin someone?
Old 07-11-2018, 01:04 PM   #29
MVP

I wouldn't be mad at Holloway having the highest striking stamina in the game tbh, I think he threw the most strikes in a single round in UFC history in the 3rd round of his 2nd Aldo fight.

I'm also of the opinion that Aldo's problems with gassing are overstated, it happened once in the Hominick fight and otherwise he's been fine late in fights, you can argue he faded against Lamas, but I'd consider controlling half the round being fine. I would probably bump his grapple stamina and endurance up by 2-3 points each, because I don't see why Aldo should have lower grappling stamina than Bektic and worse endurance than Yair.

Also, the correct term is Mexican Playboy Aldo, not moustache Aldo

Edit: Why is Yair more accurate than Aldo? I'm actually offended by this one point difference

Last edited by Nugget7211; 07-11-2018 at 01:08 PM.
Old 07-11-2018, 01:23 PM   #30
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
I dont understand the 2nd part. So if a guy gets a bunch of KOs with his punches doesnt that mean you could argue to just increase their punch move levels?

What is the rubric for power if not KOs and rockin someone?
Yes. Again, I'm not saying that Hooker doesnt deserve an overall power buff. In fact, I've said SEVERAL times that I'm in favor of giving him one. With that said, the power ratings are merged. So we have to be careful about bumping someone too much and overrating his power in areas it isnt deserved.

Given that his cleanest finishes have come from kicks and knees, my suggestion is a move level bump and a decent power bump. I have no input on the move levels but I've suggested a decent power bump for Hooker.

His rubric was KOs = equal hit hard = huge power buff and thats just dumb to me.

The rubric for me damage (cuts, swelling), KOs (whether it was a TKO or KO matters, whether it was a GNP TKO matters) and rocks. For example, I've suggested that DC get a slight bump in power based on the Stipe fight. Its not simply because of the KO. He did a significant amount of facial damage even before the KO. All of it works together.
Old 07-11-2018, 01:26 PM   #31
Pro

Quote:

How is it dumb? His KO on saturday was a left hook to the chin that he threw at half force after a left hook to the body, it killed burns and had him not knowing where he was. I understand why the nogueira obsessed guy makes you mad but dan hooker is becoming a relevant guy and I am just debating with you. Should Conor have low power because he is just accurate and has good timing on his punches but has no power in his kicks? Should Paulo not have high power because he only beat johnny hendricks and hall by tko and not KO? You always argue with me with such certainty that someone doesn't deserve better stats, when your argument has such a crazy double standard. I guess he has to literally kill someone in the octagon for you to think he has some of the best power in the division.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2018, 01:30 PM   #32
Pro

Quote:
Yes. Again, I'm not saying that Hooker doesnt deserve an overall power buff. In fact, I've said SEVERAL times that I'm in favor of giving him one. With that said, the power ratings are merged. So we have to be careful about bumping someone too much and overrating his power in areas it isnt deserved.

Given that his cleanest finishes have come from kicks and knees, my suggestion is a move level bump and a decent power bump. I have no input on the move levels but I've suggested a decent power bump for Hooker.

His rubric was KOs = equal hit hard = huge power buff and thats just dumb to me.

The rubric for me damage (cuts, swelling), KOs (whether it was a TKO or KO matters, whether it was a GNP TKO matters) and rocks. For example, I've suggested that DC get a slight bump in power based on the Stipe fight. Its not simply because of the KO. He did a significant amount of facial damage even before the KO. All of it works together.
Are you seriously trying to rate power on face damage?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »