Home

The fate of outside fighting.

This is a discussion on The fate of outside fighting. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2018, 10:52 AM   #73
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: The fate of outside fighting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
I have some time to focus on footwork and this seems like something that could fit in for the next patch.

What specifically do you want to be able to do that you currently can't?

Cancelling into/out of everything might look OK, or it might look a little wonky depending on when and into what.

Just want to make sure I cover the actual utility you're after with some concrete test cases.
In regards to the back lunge

1) Animation change, it looks odd for someone to move that slow backing up, doesn't seem actually possible and I've never seen a fighter move that way. Make it a quick hop back

2) Increase the speed of the movement and up the evasion slightly, esp for taller guys. The tradeoff can be the distance given, allowing shorter guys to press them closer to the cage. This movement should be fast enough to allow a good counter strike (like a straight cross). It should pretty reliably avoid spinning kicks and head kicks, and overhands if timed correctly. It doesn't have to be sped up too much because it can be abused, but just be more reliable than right now. At the current state I really don't use it because I've timed it perfectly and still get caught sometimes, othertimes it works.
No pause after the step, should be able to time it and continue moving comfortably. I don't mind if it has a small stamina drain for spammers, and if it leaves you open to leg strikes like it previous did.
Old 07-11-2018, 10:54 AM   #74
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Mcgregor v Aldo required a hell of a lot of skill, timing and precision to get that result. It doesn't happen every time someone gets clipped with a straight while moving forward.

A hell of a lot like the game.

You can 1 punch rock someone who comes forward like Aldo vs McGregor if timed perfectly. I've tested it myself.

The fact that it doesn't happen all the time in MMA is a big part of why everyone remembers that finish.

The fact that it's possible in the game (without resorting to RNG) but rare enough that only highly skilled or lucky players will ever see it happen is an accomplishment.

The game would suck if that happened on every exchange between a fwd moving strike and a planted straight.
Fair points indeed. Looking forward to more love for footwork now.
Old 07-11-2018, 11:17 AM   #75
Banned

Quote:
I have some time to focus on footwork and this seems like something that could fit in for the next patch.

What specifically do you want to be able to do that you currently can't?

Cancelling into/out of everything might look OK, or it might look a little wonky depending on when and into what.

Just want to make sure I cover the actual utility you're after with some concrete test cases.
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-ufc-2-a.html

Here’s a thread with video.

In UFC 2 you could cancel the short lunges immediately into head movement, strikes, other movements. You could chain head movement into the short lunges immediately.

This would also help the aggressor because they could close distance /cut the cage more consistently.

And to balance I’d be more than okay with moving strikes being nerfed. Right now if you pivot you get a speed boost when striking. I think that should be based on footwork rating.

Bro if you fix the lunges I will literally love you. Like Romero luhhh

If you want me to make more video or to show more examples I could have that done today around 1 est but I’d need to know beforehand.

Edit: major back lunge also has waay too much start up. I wish it were faster but cost more stamina to balance it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2018, 11:52 AM   #76
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
You could chain head movement into the short lunges immediately.
See that's where I start to get confused because you can already chain sways into lunges.

What exactly about sway into lunge isn't working for you.
Old 07-11-2018, 12:14 PM   #77
Banned

Quote:
See that's where I start to get confused because you can already chain sways into lunges.

That’s a successful sway

Try it naked.

In UFC 2 I could bait someone to throw a strike to my head while it sat in one direction and then lunge the opposite way or back out of range.

Everything Im talking about is naked, not after a successful slip/dodge (although that’s important as well)

Also if you could cancel a feint into a short lunge or cance lunges into feinted strikes. That way you could create footwork set ups. I’ll try to get some videos up of what Im looking for and the current limitations. My lunch isnt until 1 est tho
Old 07-11-2018, 12:18 PM   #78

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
That’s a successful sway

Try it naked.

In UFC 2 I could bait someone to throw a strike to my head while it sat in one direction and then lunge the opposite way or back out of range.

Everything Im talking about is naked, not after a successful slip/dodge (although that’s important as well)

Also if you could cancel a feint into a short lunge or cance lunges into feinted strikes. That way you could create footwork set ups. I’ll try to get some videos up of what Im looking for and the current limitations. My lunch isnt until 1 est tho
OK thanks, that helps me understand a lot better.
Old 07-11-2018, 12:18 PM   #79
Rookie

Quote:

I think the issue people have is when someone is coming forward winging hooks its almost impossible to pull this off with any kind of consistency, thus making head movement not really viable when one mistake is so harshly punished. its what incentivizes people to mash hooks. Maybe make a video demonstrating chain evasive techniques against power hooks? Id like to see. I could use the help.
Old 07-11-2018, 12:34 PM   #80

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirewolff
I think the issue people have is when someone is coming forward winging hooks its almost impossible to pull this off with any kind of consistency, thus making head movement not really viable when one mistake is so harshly punished. its what incentivizes people to mash hooks. Maybe make a video demonstrating chain evasive techniques against power hooks? Id like to see. I could use the help.
See that's why I'm so confused by the complaints about fwd hooks.

That's a pretty simple and devastating counter.

You'll notice he was just a smidge away from rocking him, and that was off full stamina and health for both fighters.

The key here is the range on the straight. Had I done a fwd straight it would have got jammed up and done considerably less damage.

I judged the ranged and opted for a standing straight that landed at perfect range, mid vulnerability spike after having two hooks evaded causing a big stamina hit increasing the damage from vulnerability.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »