Home

Striking lessons from Fight Night.

This is a discussion on Striking lessons from Fight Night. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2018, 11:31 AM   #1
Rookie

Pax_Vision's Arena

OVR: 0
Striking lessons from Fight Night.

Its no secret I'm a Fight Night fanboy. However, I also love UFC, so hear me out.

I've recently begun playing Fight Night after years of not playing. I quickly realized how fluid the striking is compared to the EA UFC. Don't get me wrong. Fight Night, like all games, had its problems, so I'm not saying the game was perfect. Here is a few things from FN I'd like the devs to look into for UFC 4.

1. Unorthodox striking: Fight Night, using TPC, gave you the ability to throw Unorthodox strikes. This completely takes the need of the block breaking mechanism out the equation. You could lean to the side and throw a powerful straight had that could drop someone immediately.

2. A variety of different, yet equal combinations: Lets be honest, in UFC 3, there are certain combinations that are more OP than others. FN offers the ability to throw different combos that are equallly able to do damage. You can also easily chain high and low body strikes that cause severe damage.

3. Making tall fighters relevelant again: There is zero outside fighting in UFC 3. Everyone outside the elite are almost forced to fight as an inside fighter, despite having the option to fight as taller, longer fighters. This is a huge fighter, and does not allow for creativity. Using a taller fighter in FN gives you the ability to use the jab or 1, 2 combo to keep pressure fighters at bay.

4. Movement around the octagon: Using Ali on Fight Night feels like driving a Porsche. He moves around the ring so effortlessly. Everyone on UFC 3 feels the same on the feet. But in real life, you have some fighters that have tremendous movement skills in the octagon. This needs to be something that is throughly reevaluated.

5. Sliding parries: Probably my favorite aspect if the stand up in Fight Night. Its so rewarding to side step somes punch with a beautiful counter. The reaction of the fighter that was parried is immediately noticeable and makes the person think twice about spamming punches. UFC 3 is lacking this. Parrying someone feels unrewarding and lack luster. You don't feel the same sense of danger.

I'm sure there are more things I'm missing. I truly want UFC to succeed in making the perfect, balanced game. I honestly feel like Fight Night was one of the most balanced and straight forward fighting games. You got what you put into it.

PSN: Pax_Vision
XBOX: PaxVision

Long Live EA Forums
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2018, 05:52 PM   #2
Banned

Re: Striking lessons from Fight Night.

Old 08-16-2018, 06:56 PM   #3
Rookie

I went back to fight night a while back and it felt terrible,robotic and not as fluid ac UFC 3 and i was a fight night lover but i have tried twice to play it and cannot wait to get back to UFC 3 both times.
Old 08-16-2018, 07:48 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob3563
I went back to fight night a while back and it felt terrible,robotic and not as fluid ac UFC 3 and i was a fight night lover but i have tried twice to play it and cannot wait to get back to UFC 3 both times.
i went back too and had an amazing experience... it really simulate a real fight like no other game... i dont disagree with you about the gae beeing robotic and not fluid like ufc 3... but u gotta understand that is an old old old old game.
Old 08-16-2018, 07:52 PM   #5
Rookie

Pax_Vision's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmlimo
i went back too and had an amazing experience... it really simulate a real fight like no other game... i dont disagree with you about the gae beeing robotic and not fluid like ufc 3... but u gotta understand that is an old old old old game.
Exactly. The sheer fact that you can even play this game and enjoy it speaks volume. The game was released in 2011...

Long Live EA Forums
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2018, 08:14 PM   #6
Rookie

Yea FNC gameplay is still fun if you're matched up with an opponent who actually wants to box n play realistically..unfortunately like every other online game, 90% just abuse exploits (spam the completely broken sidestep uppercut..or higher level guys mixing in the broken power-straight that comes out super fast and accurate if thrown after any other punch, or body spam).
Old 08-16-2018, 08:43 PM   #7
Rookie

Pax_Vision's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron2388
Yea FNC gameplay is still fun if you're matched up with an opponent who actually wants to box n play realistically..unfortunately like every other online game, 90% just abuse exploits (spam the completely broken sidestep uppercut..or higher level guys mixing in the broken power-straight that comes out super fast and accurate if thrown after any other punch, or body spam).
Thats true. Like I said, the game has its faults. I just think there was aspects drom the striking that could be incoporated. Think about this. Compare Fight Night striking to EA MMA. I believe the games came out around the same time. Its not even close.

Long Live EA Forums
Old 08-17-2018, 10:10 AM   #8
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Fight Night For Life !

The great news is that....IMO...UFC 3 striking has now surpassed Fight Night.

It took until this most recent Stamina & Damage tuner....but I officially give UFC 3 the Win on striking now hahaha

But there are still some great features/attributes of FN that I hope make their way into the UFC franchise down the road.

This new patch, which GPD said is going to be very Movement-oriented, may just do that!

P.S. I saw this on twitter yesterday, this is for YOU Pax lmao

https://twitter.com/MMLe0/status/1029790015910563840
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »