Home

Lets talk Zabhit

This is a discussion on Lets talk Zabhit within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2018, 12:27 PM   #57
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Lets talk Zabhit

Yh I agree Zabit's game model should be skinnier. He's definitely a bit too thick compared to irl.
Old 08-27-2018, 12:29 PM   #58
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPSPunk
Ok...Zabit is trained by Mark Henry. Same who trains morales, Edgar, Alvarez and Barboza. I think we have a future contender
Mark Henry has said he thinks Zabit will be future FW champion. Coaches always say the best things though. Only time will tell.
Old 08-27-2018, 01:49 PM   #59
Banned

Haz_____'s Arena

Zabit IRL is a skinny skinny skinny dude.

Curly, poofy, messy hair. Tall, skinny, lanky physique.

In the game though, he's a beef cake, and has some weird Beatles looking straight hair. Doesn't look quite right.

Honestly the more I look up pictures of him, the more I feel like they seriously missed the mark on this character model.

Now please don't take this the wrong way, because I am having a blast playing as him, but hopefully they can tweak his character model to look more realistic. If they went as far as updating Ngannou not once, but twice, hopefully they can get Zabit looking right also.

Last edited by Haz_____; 08-27-2018 at 02:04 PM.
Old 08-27-2018, 01:52 PM   #60
MVP

I’m going to introduce all you guys to the concept of “leverage”. A taller fighter has advantages that correlate to strength that don’t necessarily mean he can out-bench press the other fighter. I’m 5’8 and originally fought at Bantamweight. I decided to cut down to Flyweight and ended up fighting a guy at 5’4 who was much stockier than me. Let me tell you, I was a twig back then, but I was clearly much stronger than this guy. I’m sure his 1RM on any given lift was better than mine but it doesn’t matter because I was taller with longer arms and had the leverage.

Not to mention, when you are 6’1 fighting 5’6 guys, just because you are “skinner” (Jesus, people: SKINNIER) doesn’t mean you don’t have the same or more muscle displaced around your longer body frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-27-2018, 02:16 PM   #61
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetractedMonkey
I’m going to introduce all you guys to the concept of “leverage”. A taller fighter has advantages that correlate to strength that don’t necessarily mean he can out-bench press the other fighter. I’m 5’8 and originally fought at Bantamweight. I decided to cut down to Flyweight and ended up fighting a guy at 5’4 who was much stockier than me. Let me tell you, I was a twig back then, but I was clearly much stronger than this guy. I’m sure his 1RM on any given lift was better than mine but it doesn’t matter because I was taller with longer arms and had the leverage.

Not to mention, when you are 6’1 fighting 5’6 guys, just because you are “skinner” (Jesus, people: SKINNIER) doesn’t mean you don’t have the same or more muscle displaced around your longer body frame.

Were you clearly much stronger or was your technique much better? Being taller doesnt necessarily give you more leverage in grappling situations especially considering having a higher center of gravity can be a bad thing.

Also being taller plus the same weight you’d have to have a much lower body fat % in order to have the same muscle mass.

That said at the end of the day it’s a case by case thing. Zhabit is clearly a great grappler and hasnt looked weak at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2018, 02:22 PM   #62
MVP

Lets talk Zabhit

Being too tall can be bad, especially for low takedowns. Although, for reasonably taller fighters in terms of connecting your hands under the butt and clinch positions on the cage, there is almost no disadvantage. This includes throws and trips. You can hoist that underhook and use your longer legs to catch their leg.

Also, these fighters aren’t always the same weight regardless of weight class as we all know. I’m not saying that Zabit cuts more weight but it certainly is possible.

Last edited by RetractedMonkey; 08-27-2018 at 02:24 PM.
Old 08-27-2018, 02:58 PM   #63
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetractedMonkey

Yup exactly what I was trying to explain to this Ultras123 dude. I'm a shorter stockier guy and i've trained with a few skinny dudes that look similar to Zabit. Sure they were very skinny and lighter weight than me, but they were still very physically strong. Like I couldn't just overpower them or anything just because I was stockier. I'm like 210lbs and I remember training with this one lanky dude in particular, that was about 150lbs. He was tall and skinny, but dude felt strong as hell when grappling in the clinch and on the ground.
Old 08-27-2018, 03:02 PM   #64
Rookie

From my own experiences, it’s much harder to wrestle a short stockier guy than a lanky skinny guy (u don’t even see much of this body type in wrestling). I’m about 5,8 myself 150 lb and when I wrestle someone who could be 5,5 160 lb they feel much much stronger than someone say 5,11 160 would be..

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »